Victoria dropped from September 2021 Alaska Cruise

HAL4NOW

Just now, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Unfortunately that is because you have been canceled, I am guessing you will be given an opportunity to booked one of the other sailings on the Nieuw Amsterdam and hopefully they protect your pricing, the first sailing starts July 24th.

Thats what we are figuring - for us it works best to switch to 2022 - and hopefully protect pricing.  Not sure when we can get the kids vaccinated and we don't really want them to come on a cruise without the vaccine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

we used to get reimbursed thru obc

HAL is still working on auditing the corrections from the move over, mine is still missing some of the ship board credit I had previously. I think once those are corrected they will also be correcting the taxes. Although I also have hotel through HAL and Air so mine could be different as well.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisingrob21 said:

Thats what we are figuring - for us it works best to switch to 2022 - and hopefully protect pricing.  Not sure when we can get the kids vaccinated and we don't really want them to come on a cruise without the vaccine.

HAL has stated EVERYONE MUST Be Vaccinated. I am guessing you will be given a move over offer or credit or refund offer very soon. Since they never actually changed you to state a difference ship. They must have known all along that they were not starting Alaska till July 24th. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My feeling is that you really don't want to come here right now - we're the ones who might infect you! 

Actually, the confirmed cases and death rates (per capita) in BC (pop 5.1m) and WA (pop 7.7m) are similar.

Over the last 14 days, WA has had 15,800 cases and BC 7334 cases. WA has 67 deaths. BC has 66 deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Washington_(state)

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=num&measure=deaths_last14&map=pt#a2

My fear is that our province would get reinfected by the un-vaccinated tourist hordes. Let's not forget the fake vax documents. 🙄

IMO, it would be better for BC to first get covid under control and finish the children vax program. Then, open up in a methodical manner with metrics for infection and vax rates..

“Even as reopening plans are being unveiled, Neudorf cautions that officials should avoid playing into the expectation that “at some magic number or date, COVID is just going to disappear from the face of the planet.” The virus keeps delivering surprises, he notes...”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadas-roadmap-to-reopening-look-to-saskatchewan/ar-BB1gHux2

No, there's no rush for international $$$, and certainly not for cruising. IMHO, the vast majority would prefer to re-open our neighbourhoods, and travel to our beautiful parks in the interior this summer. 👍

Edited by HappyInVan

10 hours ago, westcoaster said:

I don't think so.  Most recent 7-day average for new daily Covid cases per million people:

U.S. : 91 per million

Vancouver Island: 15 per million

Plus Canada just passed the U.S. in the % of total population receiving a first vaccine dose.  By late July, Canada will likely be far ahead on this measure.

Now do fully vaccinated. Only 2% of Canada is fully vaxxed compared to 38% of US. 

5 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Now do fully vaccinated. Only 2% of Canada is fully vaxxed compared to 38% of US. 

Based on the current rates of immunization, by late July when these cruises start, Canada will likely also surpass the the US in terms of % of people fully vaccinated.

Edited by westcoaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

HAL has stated EVERYONE MUST Be Vaccinated. I am guessing you will be given a move over offer or credit or refund offer very soon. Since they never actually changed you to state a difference ship. They must have known all along that they were not starting Alaska till July 24th. 

In an agent letter from Gus Antorcha

"Due to current guidance regarding vaccination age requirements, if your clients' booking includes children who are younger than 12 years of age, we will be transferring the booking to the comparable 2022 voyage."

• Like 1