Courtesy Holds

ghdool

Can you please tell me how long Celebrity Cruises courtesy hold is for? Several years ago it was only for 24 hours and early last year I noticed it was for about 5 or 7 days. I wondered if they are still allowing the extended courtesy hold or is it only for 24 hours again? Thanks.

Edited by ghdool

Travel Agents have always been able to get much longer courtesy holds (and get them extended if necessary).  I often shoot my TA an email asking for a hold on a particular cabin even before showing the cruise to DW!

At one time they were defaulting to longer hold times due to them allowing people to wait for FCC's to be applied before deposit was required.   Now they are back to the standard 24hr hold times.   Or more accurately the hold will expire at 11 pm eastern time the day after you place the hold.

I've never had a problem getting them to extend the hold for a couple of days with a quick call to Captains Club.

In the past we have had numerous Celebrity holds inside the final payment window.  All of them for 8 hours or less.

Our practice was to shop for late booking specials and for air.  If an attractive last minute cruise that we we watching hit our number we would call our on line TA and ask her to hold it for a few hours while we finalized and committed to our air.    Air pricing and availability can change so quickly.  

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

At one time they were defaulting to longer hold times due to them allowing people to wait for FCC's to be applied before deposit was required.   Now they are back to the standard 24hr hold times.   Or more accurately the hold will expire at 11 pm eastern time the day after you place the hold.

I've never had a problem getting them to extend the hold for a couple of days with a quick call to Captains Club.

Agree.  A quick call will give you an extra few days to a week.