Value Trips Question

cheriberi

I have booked Hyatt Place through Value Trips in the past, but their website only includes dates through 12/31/2021. I am booked on a cruise in 2022 & am hoping to book through Value Trips again. Has anyone been able to book through Value Trips recently, or have they gone out of business due to the pandemic?

We have used VT in the past but for our last stay there we got a better rate booking through their membership which included breakfast. VT booking I believe doesn't any longer.

As far as transportation hotel shuttle from there to POM there's been some conflicting information. Someone said $10pp I find this hard to believe it wasn't a quote to PE. Double check this fact !!

I just chatted with Hyatt rep.  He says no to POM; only to Port Everglades ($7 each).

It looks like Valuetrips offers the best rate, if one's dates are accepted.  It says breakfast is $11 additional, per room.  The Hyatt member rate is $30 more, but includes breakfast.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I just chatted with Hyatt rep.  He says no to POM; only to Port Everglades ($7 each).

It looks like Valuetrips offers the best rate, if one's dates are accepted.  It says breakfast is $11 additional, per room.  The Hyatt member rate is $30 more, but includes breakfast.

Interesting that the Hyatt membership rate is more as it certainly wasn't when I stayed there Oct 2019 post cruise.

20 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Is the breakfast continental?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with Valuetrips lately? I emailed them with our dates 4 days ago for our trip next weekend but haven't heard a word. I gave my cc info so I'm afraid to book another only to have these people confirm a second room. I really wish they would email rejected offers!!

4 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Anyone had any luck with Valuetrips lately? I emailed them with our dates 4 days ago for our trip next weekend but haven't heard a word. I gave my cc info so I'm afraid to book another only to have these people confirm a second room. I really wish they would email rejected offers!!

It won't matter...VT doesn't charge your card...the charges are done directly by the hotel.

Call Hyatt Place directly and give your name..they can then verify if you have a reservation with them.

I've used them before.  I was going to fly down the morning of (have done this multiple times) but now I'm wondering if I should go a day early, just because.

Hotel site shows no vacancy.  Is there any point in trying to book through Value Trips?  Wonder if they have cabins available.

Don't want to change my flight until I know if I actually have a room!

Yikes!  HIE is $236 for one night.  I've never seen rates that high in mid November. 😑

Edited by NCTribeFan

• 2 months later...

Well, my cruise sail date was just changed so hotel rooms are now a much-more reasonable rate and there are rooms available at Hyatt Place for about $170 before taxes.

Has anyone used Value Trips since the restart?  

I may send a request and see if I get any response since they would save me about $40 ($30 if I have to pay for breakfast).

12 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Well, my cruise sail date was just changed so hotel rooms are now a much-more reasonable rate and there are rooms available at Hyatt Place for about $170 before taxes.

Has anyone used Value Trips since the restart?  

I may send a request and see if I get any response since they would save me about $40 ($30 if I have to pay for breakfast).

After a few weeks call Hyatt Place directly to see if they have your reservation made through ValueTrips.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I hadn't received an email confirmation from ValueTrips so I emailed then via the link on their website the other day.  Today I received my confirmation.  Apparently, silly me and made an error in my email address and their confirmation bounced.

I have my reservation for November. 

I think I'll go ahead and make my reservation for my December cruise.  If I have a horrible experience in November (I'm not expecting one; have stayed there several times but it's been a few years), I can cancel for December.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, green eyed lady said:

I was also trying to get rates for 2022 and I got an email back from them today finally. They said rates for 2022 should be posted by end of October so I should wait till then to book it.  And cancellation is 24 hours before.

Once the reservation is made you should then deal directly with the hotel with any questions or cancellation that must be made 24 hours before arrival date.