Insurance and Cruise with Confidence

I just booked a cruise for next January that is covered with the Cruise with Confidence policy.  With that in mind, I'm considering only getting medical and evacuation insurance.  Thoughts?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

No, CWC kinda covers you there, you can cancel and get an FCC up to two days before departure. 

Though by January 2022 that FCC would have a fairly short shelf life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimVB said:

Though by January 2022 that FCC would have a fairly short shelf life.

59 minutes ago, BSocial said:

good point 

CWC should issue you a FCC that is valid until Sept 30, 3022 or 12 months from the date of issuance, whichever is further out. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CWC should issue you a FCC that is valid until Sept 30, 3022 or 12 months from the date of issuance, whichever is further out. 

I really hope this is correct.  I've received conflicting guidance on this issue.

I believe CWC ends April 2022. But with all the various dates, I could be mistaken. 

The CDC Conditional Sail Order expires on Nov. 1, 2021. 

Edited by Coralc

I tried pricing insurance without cancellation.. and as I recall it ended up being more expensive than a policy with cancellation... can't recall the details... but you might try one of the online insurance companies and try different options... we have used insuremytrip and squaremouth... so I played with different options and then called and talked with an agent.  My concerns are mostly medical...having seen many people carried off or lifted off a ship...

52 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It ends next week.

As it stands, cruises booked after next week will no longer be able to make use of the CWC benefits however if the cruise is already booked it still applies to all cruises departing through April 30, 2022

• Thanks 1

I use www.squaremouth.com for our travel insurance.  I am the OP.  The cost of just medical and evacuation is much cheaper than cancellation + medical and evac.  Cruise is booked for next January under the CWC program.  Thanks for all the input.