Latitudes Bonus Points

I’m sure a lot of you already received the email about the latitude bonus points promo ending soon. It seems that all of these promos are continuous, but do you think the two extra points per night promo is going to expire?  I want to take advantage of this with a booking for the new Prima ship,  but was hoping to wait a little bit. May just bite the bullet and book the damn thing.

10 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I’m sure a lot of you already received the email about the latitude bonus points promo ending soon. It seems that all of these promos are continuous, but do you think the two extra points per night promo is going to expire?  I want to take advantage of this with a booking for the new Prima ship,  but was hoping to wait a little bit. May just bite the bullet and book the damn thing.

Why not just book it?  You can always cancel later and get your deposit back.  I've got ten cruises booked though 2024.  Sure, it means NCL has $2500 of my money at zero interest.  If I had that in the bank it would earn me something like a buck ninety-five in interest per year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Why not just book it?  You can always cancel later and get your deposit back.  I've got ten cruises booked though 2024.  Sure, it means NCL has $2500 of my money at zero interest.  If I had that in the bank it would earn me something like a buck ninety-five in interest per year.

Excellent point!

On 5/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, CaptainWoody said:

I did not get my deposit back when I rebooked my cruise. But it might be other rules here in EU?

I think getting 48 points for a single cruise (16 day TA) was worth the money anyway since I get a huge jump to platinum.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

In order to get the 2 bonus points you have to sail.  So if you want acquire those on a Prima Sailing, you have to expect the promotion will last til August 2022 at the earliest.  I am not sure that will happen.  I'm booked in January 2022 on the Joy and I don't think the promotion will be active then.  I'd bet the promotion ends sometime this year (wouldn't surprise me if it ended after the first post COVID sailing).  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by WarfRatWA

5 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

In order to get the 2 bonus points you have to sail.  So if you want acquire those on a Prima Sailing, you have to expect the promotion will last til August 2022 at the earliest.  I am not sure that will happen.  I'm booked in January 2022 on the Joy and I don't think the promotion will be active then.  I'd bet the promotion ends sometime this year (wouldn't surprise me if it ended after the first post COVID sailing).  Just my 2 cents.

The promo is for time of booking not when you sail. If you book now the prom is effective for the sailing you booked no matter how far out. I’m confused by what you are trying to say here 

• Like 3

You will earn the two bonus points if you booked when the promotion is on and you completed the cruise that you booked for the promotion.

It doesn't matter if the cruise is next couple of months or two years from now. 

6 hours ago, nagguks said:

I did not get my deposit back when I rebooked my cruise. But it might be other rules here in EU?

I think getting 48 points for a single cruise (16 day TA) was worth the money anyway since I get a huge jump to platinum.

In the EU we don’t get our deposit back unfortunately.

2 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

The promo is for time of booking not when you sail. If you book now the prom is effective for the sailing you booked no matter how far out. I’m confused by what you are trying to say here 

Well, while I on the phone with NCL, they specifically said you had to sail if you wanted to get the 2pts.

The promo is a lattitudes promo and usually they change every month.

It might be extended but i would not count on it

With cdc announcement today cruising is ramping up and people are booking like wild fire so they no longer need to have as enticing promos.

Inexpect get 5 free for any cabin will end soon as well.

We booked 3 cruises with triple points and will go from Plat to plat plus with just 3 sailings.

Also..prima prices are already on the rise as she is top selling new ncl ship ever..so booking sooner is better 

Our cabin is up 600.00 each already

8 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Right, since the lat. points are only applied to your  account after you've completed the cruise. 

So I just did a chat on NCL, and the rep said you have to sail while the Promo is active, no sail, no points.  Can you tell me where you are seeing that booking qualifies you?

Edit:  Ok, additional chat with NCL shows I was incorrect.  If you book during the promotion and sail whenever, you get the points.  The rep also said the promo was going to run to June 30, 2021.  Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by WarfRatWA
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

Well, while I on the phone with NCL, they specifically said you had to sail if you wanted to get the 2pts.

Yes this is true. The point I was trying to make is you can book out as far as 2023 and get the promo. You get the actual points after you sail. I have 4 cruises booked on this promo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltsandknit said:

Yes this is true. The point I was trying to make is you can book out as far as 2023 and get the promo. You get the actual points after you sail. I have 4 cruises booked on this promo

Correct.

We have 3 booked with triple points

2 in 2022 and one 2023

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NovaScotiaGal52 said:

Correct.

We have 3 booked with triple points

2 in 2022 and one 2023

I'm tracking now.  I have three booked as well, but only two qualify under the promotion...both are in the Haven, so getting quad points.  We are booked on the Prima..can't hardly wait.

1 hour ago, Fabulous97 said:

In the EU we don’t get our deposit back unfortunately.

@nagguks

If your cruise sail date is before the end October 2021 you currently get the deposit back as a FCC under the "Peace Of Mind" offer which can be applied to any cruise including existing booking,

I literally just did it this week, Friday I booked the Bliss on insider deal of 2x points and 2x perks. Come Monday they are offering 3x latitude points and ALL perks so I cancelled and rebooked.

The only thing my PCC is unsure of is weather I will get my 10% of voucher back after the cancellation so I could be a small amount worse off is the don't let me have it back.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

I'm tracking now.  I have three booked as well, but only two qualify under the promotion...both are in the Haven, so getting quad points.  We are booked on the Prima..can't hardly wait.

I am booked on the Prima  in 2023. It looks amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

My POA booked in 2024 has the triple points as well.  I believe that it shows on your confirmation as promo code LATDBLX.

7 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

My POA booked in 2024 has the triple points as well.  I believe that it shows on your confirmation as promo code LATDBLX.

Yes that is latitude double points. I didn’t realize 2024 was listed  for POA

47 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Thank you for that info....2 of my bookings are showing that promo code.  The first booking pushes me into Platinum.  Gotta love that.

• Like 3