Latitudes Bonus Points

3 minutes ago, AwesomO said:

Do you think they can retroactively apply the promo to a cruise already booked? I could potentially cancel and rebook, but I'd have to check the rates. We aren't sailing until 2023. 

It wouldn't hurt to ask.  Please let us know what they tell you.

28 minutes ago, AwesomO said:

Do you think they can retroactively apply the promo to a cruise already booked? I could potentially cancel and rebook, but I'd have to check the rates. We aren't sailing until 2023. 

I was told no this week by my PCC, he said he would have to cancel and rebook.

• Like 1

I used the chat feature and was told they had to reprice it, which I don't think was technically a cancel and rebook since it's still the same reservation number, but it could definitely impact your price and promos of earlier bookings. Luckily for me, price was still the same with all the same promotions.

• Like 1

Two for two.  Two different reservations.  Two different CSR's.  Neither was initially sure it would work, but tried.  One told me she had been told that they would only be applied upon sailing, but I think she confused when they would be added to my point total not when the promo would be applied.

They were both very helpful, and new confirmations were emailed showing all else as per the original booking but with addition of the LATDBLX promo code.  I checked prior to verify that the cruise prices had not gone up.  If they had, I don't this would have been possible.  11 day 2023 Southern Caribbean, so that's 44 extra points for fifteen minutes on the phone.

2 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I've had PCCs like that.  I have much better luck just calling their reservation desk.

In my case I suspect it might be more because we are in Europe and can't reprice, it's always a cancel and rebook for us.
Under normal circumstances we also forfeit our deposit no matter how far out, it's only "peace of mind" that allows us to cancel right now and we get our deposit back as a FCC.

My PCC is brilliant, I'm certain he did all possible. 

7 hours ago, AwesomO said:

I don' know about the retroactive, but for other reasons, I did cancel and rebook.  I got the promo code when I did that.  

Booked 3 cruises B2B a while back. Total of 21 days. Called my CC and asked about the double points. He happily rebooked. Will receive a whooping 63 points. Also one of the cruises went down a few dollars and he rebooked us at that the lower price.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

In my case I suspect it might be more because we are in Europe and can't reprice, it's always a cancel and rebook for us.
Under normal circumstances we also forfeit our deposit no matter how far out, it's only "peace of mind" that allows us to cancel right now and we get our deposit back as a FCC.

My PCC is brilliant, I'm certain he did all possible. 

Yes, it is certainly due to being in Europe.

21 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

@nagguks

If your cruise sail date is before the end October 2021 you currently get the deposit back as a FCC under the "Peace Of Mind" offer which can be applied to any cruise including existing booking,

I literally just did it this week, Friday I booked the Bliss on insider deal of 2x points and 2x perks. Come Monday they are offering 3x latitude points and ALL perks so I cancelled and rebooked.

The only thing my PCC is unsure of is weather I will get my 10% of voucher back after the cancellation so I could be a small amount worse off is the don't let me have it back.

That is a very good point! We are booked on the Prima and getting all the deals.

20 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, it is certainly due to being in Europe.

Hi Keith ... nice to see you on the Boards again. Our booked cruises last year were all cancelled and we took FCC  with the airlines refunding in both cases. We are looking for a September cruise around the Med. but it looks like our Christmas/New Year cruise around the Med. isn't happening as I can't find anything for 2021/2022.

4 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I’m glad I went ahead and booked the cruise, because it looks like the two extra points per night promo is gone.

Same!!

We had one booked before the promo and got the triple points added

Then booked Prima with the triple points

And last week I booked our 2023 cruise so we could get triple points on it as well.

I doubt we will see that promo again! 

2 hours ago, NovaScotiaGal52 said:

Same!!

XXXXX

I doubt we will see that promo again! 

Well maybe not on your planned cruise itinerary - - -

Don't doubt NCL - it will be back again - - -

Something not selling to expectations - lure them in with points offers incentives etc.

Least we forget Insider Past Guest Offers - - -

NCL still offering the FREE Five promos and 30% off - - - 

I feel ripped off. I booked a club balcony suite GTY and they don't honor the double points. If I booked a much cheaper inside cabin I'd be able to get the points. I have other cruises booked on a different line and feel their perks are more beneficial. I'm still going to do the booked cruise on NCL but feel disenfranchised as a customer. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I feel ripped off. I booked a club balcony suite GTY and they don't honor the double points. If I booked a much cheaper inside cabin I'd be able to get the points. I have other cruises booked on a different line and feel their perks are more beneficial. I'm still going to do the booked cruise on NCL but feel disenfranchised as a customer. 

Well, you get what you pay for.  Why are you paying for a suite but cheeping out on the getaway fare?

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It isn’t a suite, just a bigger balcony room.

And it costs more then all the categories below it even though it's a gty fare. Double points cost NCL nothing so why not be customer friendly. 

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

And it costs more then all the categories below it even though it's a gty fare. Double points cost NCL nothing so why not be customer friendly. 

Yeah, it surprises me that you don't get them. I thought they applied regardless of cabin.

My experience, as far as the double points given, is that they were applied to all cabins regardless of category.  I think that promo ended May 31st at midnight.

1.  I made an adjustment to my May 2022 cruise on Saturday May 29th and was given the extra points for a balcony.  

2. On May 12th, I booked the Prima in a Studio T1, and received double points for that cruise as well.