Are they canceling 2021 Alaskan cruises on the Bliss?

Kimbahh

We are booked with two rooms on the Bliss for October 2021, and went to add another cabin for additional family that want to join us and it says "Your previously chosen itinerary is no longer available. Please make another selection."  

4 minutes ago, Kimbahh said:

We are booked with two rooms on the Bliss for October 2021, and went to add another cabin for additional family that want to join us and it says "Your previously chosen itinerary is no longer available. Please make another selection."  

Whoever guessed that it might be the Joy doing Alaska now that the Jamaica sailings seem to have been cancelled gets a cookie!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kimbahh said:

I just got the same message. I am hoping that it is a computer glitch. My guess is that with whatever is going on with the Joy cruises and maybe the Gem cruises, a lot of people are on looking for replacement cruises in case these ones get cancelled. Just speculation, of course. 😉

24 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Whoever guessed that it might be the Joy doing Alaska now that the Jamaica sailings seem to have been cancelled gets a cookie!

That makes sense!  Thanks for the info, hoping we still sail, regardless of the ship...Joy or Bliss.

I just cancelled my existing booking and rebooked to take advantage of the new offer (3xLatitude points in any cabin and all 5 perks).
I only did that this morning and my PCC had no problems & it was a full cancellation and rebook, in fact the cancellation is still not showing so I currently have two Bliss cruises on the same date as of now.

Edited by ziggyuk

14 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I just cancelled my existing booking and rebooked to take advantage of the new offer (3xLatitude points in any cabin and all 5 perks).
I only did that this morning and my PCC had no problems & it was a full cancellation and rebook, in fact the cancellation is still not showing so I currently have two Bliss cruises on the same date as of now.

Just curious.  Was your PCC able to cancel the cruise?  I've always thought that the only way to cancel was to call the NCL reservations number.  In fact, I had my PCC tell me I could cancel on the website, which is impossible.  He was brand new and the provider of much disinformation.  

4 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Since we all got updated itineraries just yesterday, I highly doubt that NCL is now cancelling the Bliss for Alaska this fall.

And the Bliss was always supposed to do this run. And Frank Del Rio was just on CNBC at 3pm today saying that he was very confident the Alaska sailings would go. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Just curious.  Was your PCC able to cancel the cruise?  I've always thought that the only way to cancel was to call the NCL reservations number.  In fact, I had my PCC tell me I could cancel on the website, which is impossible.  He was brand new and the provider of much disinformation.  

Yes, he had no problem, I told him the cruise was the same price but with far better perks and the 3x latitudes. I asked if he add the extras or did I need to cancel under the peace of mind.

He explained all he could do is cancel and rebook, as I get my deposit back as a FCC I would need to wait 2 weeks for that which could then be applied to my new booking.

53 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

Think they replace the joy with smaller in Montego Bay?   

Nope. For now Jamaica, Harvest Caye, and Cozumel are without a big ship calling weekly. I have to go and cancel my hotel and air now. 

13 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

They've also updated the website so the the itinerary associated with the actual cruise now matches what we were emailed yesterday.

Strange, on my computer the old itinerary is still showing. I tried clearing history and even turned my computer off and back on - still same thing showing. When I go to try to book, I get a message that the dates I am requesting are no longer available. Looking at August - October 2021.

28 minutes ago, SSFun said:

Strange, on my computer the old itinerary is still showing. I tried clearing history and even turned my computer off and back on - still same thing showing. When I go to try to book, I get a message that the dates I am requesting are no longer available. Looking at August - October 2021.

My October 16th has been changed within my booking, Victoria given the boot:

image.png.799b1411a7921da3100d909c01814b33.png

• Like 1