More ships starting!!!

clairol

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

Riviera will resume its previously published voyage schedules beginning from Istanbul on October 18, 2021 - we're on that cruise!

Insignia will resume sailing December 21, 2021

Sirena will commence sailings starting January 22, 2022

Phased restart dates for Regatta and Nautica will be announced at a later date.

Edited by clairol

• clairol changed the title to More ships starting!!!

There goes my Sirena sailing Dec. 12. I can't find any Oceania Caribbean cruises in Dec. or Jan. that come close to the deal I had for Sirena. I think I know the answer, has Oceania ever made a deal to book a replacement similar cruise to the one they cancelled at the same price to keep a customer? Riviera sails Dec. 13 on the same itinerary as Sirena was going to do, but the cost is much higher. I would switch to this sailing if Oceania gave me a guarantee at the price I was booked on Sirena for.

Our Dec 1st cruise just got cancelled too..SO disappointed..felt certain that if cruising opened up late summer surely by December we would get our cruise..same deal and ports you had  Loved that itinerary..those ports must be very saddened also..

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

There goes my Sirena sailing Dec. 12. I can't find any Oceania Caribbean cruises in Dec. or Jan. that come close to the deal I had for Sirena. I think I know the answer, has Oceania ever made a deal to book a replacement similar cruise to the one they cancelled at the same price to keep a customer? Riviera sails Dec. 13 on the same itinerary as Sirena was going to do, but the cost is much higher. I would switch to this sailing if Oceania gave me a guarantee at the price I was booked on Sirena for.

I do not think Oceania  or any other line for that matter  has had to deal with a Pandemic  before  & the fallout  of not cruising  for  over a year 

The O class ships are usually more $ than the R class on similar routes

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I do not think Oceania  or any other line for that matter  has had to deal with a Pandemic  before  & the fallout  of not cruising  for  over a year 

The O class ships are usually more $ than the R class on similar routes

I am having my TA request a guarantee at the lowest rate on Riviera Dec. 13 or the same rate I had  on Sirena Feb. 22, 2022. I will wait to see if O does right by their customers. If not, I will apply my returned deposit to another cruise line for this coming winter vacation cruise.

• Like 1

I suspect that LHT is right ... I wouldn't expect O to give me the same price on an "O" ship as on an "R" ship even if there hadn't been a pandemic in the mix.  But it never hurts to ask.  And if the ship doesn't sell well, they might well say a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Good luck.

I am okay with paying a bit more for an O ship. I would be willing to book a guarantee at the lowest inside rate and take whatever cabin was offered. In the meantime while waiting for O cranial to make an offer to keep a booking with them, I am exploring a similar itinerary on Celebrity Constellation from Tampa on Dec.13. For less than Sirena I can get an outside with prepaid grats and a beverage package. I know the food wouldn't be as good and Constellation is larger, 2000 pax, but I know I would be content.

11 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I am okay with paying a bit more for an O ship. I would be willing to book a guarantee at the lowest inside rate and take whatever cabin was offered. In the meantime while waiting for O cranial to make an offer to keep a booking with them, I am exploring a similar itinerary on Celebrity Constellation from Tampa on Dec.13. For less than Sirena I can get an outside with prepaid grats and a beverage package. I know the food wouldn't be as good and Constellation is larger, 2000 pax, but I know I would be content.

If the price is right  book it 🙂

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If the price is right  book it 🙂

I probably will. I had used AA miles for the plane tickets to Miami that I cancelled and had miles redeposited. AA flies to Tampa, not nonstop from MCI, but decent cconnections, Since all the cruiselines and my TA are closed this holiday weekend I will wait until Tuesday.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:55 AM, clairol said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

Riviera will resume its previously published voyage schedules beginning from Istanbul on October 18, 2021 - we're on that cruise!

Insignia will resume sailing December 21, 2021

Sirena will commence sailings starting January 22, 2022

Phased restart dates for Regatta and Nautica will be announced at a later date.

We're on the 10/18 one as well and this will be interesting since we were on the last Riviera cruise before the shut down and now we'll be on the first Riviera cruise after the shutdown! It will be interesting to see how they pull this off with about 18 different ports to deal with.

I wonder if they will have reduced capacity. Our March, 2020 cruise (where we came home infected) had less than 40%. It was kind of weird to have so few people on board.

Edited by ricka47