Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

2 hours ago, MacH said:

It has happened to us twice before but in Florida. I had to go into the terminal to find someone to get blank labels for me and we then had to stand there and fill them in before we could check our bags. It is definitely an inconvenience. However, I suspect that going in and out of the terminal will not be possible due to Covid restrictions. I emailed the Captains Club this morning to see if they could chase it up. If I  haven’t had a reply by tomorrow I will be ringing management. 

Hi. I private messaged celebrity on social media and they got my new labels sent through so I can print them from my documents. 

Could someone on board the current sailing please let me know what the general dress code for men was on the Evening Chic night please.  I've seen comments about dinner jackets on earlier posts but my husband isn't keen on wearing a DJ.  What were the majority of gentlemen wearing?

32 minutes ago, delondin said:

Hi. I private messaged celebrity on social media and they got my new labels sent through so I can print them from my documents. 

I didn’t think to use social media. Did you mean FB or Twitter?

23 minutes ago, Sparky100 said:

Could someone on board the current sailing please let me know what the general dress code for men was on the Evening Chic night please.  I've seen comments about dinner jackets on earlier posts but my husband isn't keen on wearing a DJ.  What were the majority of gentlemen wearing?

There are a couple of threads on this, and it can be found by googling, however Celebrity website states:

”Women should feel comfortable wearing:

A cocktail dress

Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

Optional sport coat or blazer”

Of course current sailings may differ as to what people’s preference is. But it doesn’t seem he will need a DJ if not keen on one. Over the years I’ve seen lots of different smart looks on evening chic nights. 

Edited by CocoCronut

2 hours ago, Sparky100 said:

I think we've sailed on Celebrity around 7 or 8 times but in my experience on Evening Chic as with any night smart casual.  Dress how you feel comfortable if you feel comforable in a DJ then wear one, if you don't wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy you've spent a lot of money its your holiday its not worth the stress.  After dinner I normally swap into shorts and tshirt 😄 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaulB123 said:

I think we've sailed on Celebrity around 7 or 8 times but in my experience on Evening Chic as with any night smart casual.  Dress how you feel comfortable if you feel comforable in a DJ then wear one, if you don't wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy you've spent a lot of money its your holiday its not worth the stress.  After dinner I normally swap into shorts and tshirt 😄 

In fairness, I have spent so much of the pandemic sat at home in my pants and a T-shirt that you'll be lucky if I am not just wrapped in a duvet.  😆

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, MacH said:

I couldn't get FB to connect but I did get it sorted on Twitter. It came through instantly so I don't know why it had been such an issue.

I know I thought that but we know what to do in future!  Glad it’s sorted. Now the dreaded wait for the PCR results. 

43 minutes ago, delondin said:

I know I thought that but we know what to do in future!  Glad it’s sorted. Now the dreaded wait for the PCR results. 

43 minutes ago, delondin said:

We had to drive 45 miles to Luton to get ours today. We decided to go with Eurofin so that the ball is in Celebrity’s court. 

10 minutes ago, MacH said:

We had to drive 45 miles to Luton to get ours today. We decided to go with Eurofin so that the ball is in Celebrity’s court. 

We would have too but they had us down as boarding in Singapore and were only offering Raffles and couldn’t get any help. Eurofin said contact Celebrity and Celebrity said thank you for your feedback. So paid extra for a quicker turnaround with an outside provider. So fingers crossed. 

16 minutes ago, delondin said:

We would have too but they had us down as boarding in Singapore and were only offering Raffles and couldn’t get any help. Eurofin said contact Celebrity and Celebrity said thank you for your feedback. So paid extra for a quicker turnaround with an outside provider. So fingers crossed. 

Shesh - it's only a 24 hour round trip to Singapore (and a few weeks quarantined). Some people just don't try! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, isdoo said:

What have they said when you complained about the Internet and indeed the food etc? 

I think I have been unfair, hence why I paused posting. Initially I thought what I see as poor service was teething issues, but after discussing with other passengers I realise it is normal service for Celebrity. I mainly sail with Cunard and the service standards are different.

I have reset my expectations accordingly.

A question for those of you sailing on the Silhouette this summer in Concierge Class cabins -- are there foot stools on your balconies?   

Foot stools had been removed as part of the ship's "revolution," but this was a very unpopular move and many cruisers insisted they be brought back.  I recall right before the pandemic some folks saying that some type of foot stools were finally placed on the Concierge Class balconies, but there's little data out there, given the suspension of cruising.

I'm hoping that those sailing in Concierge Class this summer could let us know: do you have foot stools on your balconies?  (Photos of the balcony furniture would be an added bonus.  🙂)

Thanks so much for any info, and enjoy your cruises!!

26 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

A question for those of you sailing on the Silhouette this summer in Concierge Class cabins -- are there foot stools on your balconies?   

Foot stools had been removed as part of the ship's "revolution," but this was a very unpopular move and many cruisers insisted they be brought back.  I recall right before the pandemic some folks saying that some type of foot stools were finally placed on the Concierge Class balconies, but there's little data out there, given the suspension of cruising.

I'm hoping that those sailing in Concierge Class this summer could let us know: do you have foot stools on your balconies?  (Photos of the balcony furniture would be an added bonus.  🙂)

Foot stools are there in Concierge.

Not sure what is going on but Eurofins have set up in The Meeting place and there is a big banner saying "welcome to your rapid Antigen test ".

• Thanks 1

It seems Eurofins have messed up again.  There is no barcode against our booking so they cannot connect the test to our names (or something like that)  So we now need to get retested at the Port on Friday.  To say I am raging is an understatement!

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

It was Equinox, the first ship to be revolutionized that suffered the loss of foot stools. The outcry was so vociferous, when it came round to doing Silhouette, the foot stools were included as part of the concierge class balcony furniture.

There was mention on here, that Equinox was due to get the missing foot stools replaced, but I don't recall reading that this had occurred.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

1 minute ago, barbette165 said:

It was Equinox, the first ship to be revolutionized that suffered the loss of foot stools. The outcry was so vociferous, when it came round to doing Silhouette, the foot stools were included as part of the concierge class balcony furniture.

There was mention on here, that Equinox was due to get the missing foot stools replaced, but I don't recall reading that this had occurred.

Thank you both!

55 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

It seems Eurofins have messed up again.  There is no barcode against our booking so they cannot connect the test to our names (or something like that)  So we now need to get retested at the Port on Friday.  To say I am raging is an understatement!

It appears reading these Threads that Celebrity are not doing a very good job.  MSC who started UK staycations had all the testing down to a fine art. Tested prior to boarding at the Port, Temperature  checks each morning and a further antigen test midweek.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick&Simon said:

Not sure what is going on but Eurofins have set up in The Meeting place and there is a big banner saying "welcome to your rapid Antigen test ".

Perhaps a test to disembark the cruise? Thought by getting my pcr out of the way there would be no more stress. 😩

18 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

It appears reading these Threads that Celebrity are not doing a very good job.  MSC who started UK staycations had all the testing down to a fine art. Tested prior to boarding at the Port, Temperature  checks each morning and a further antigen test midweek.   

Maybe CelebrityCruises ought go down this route.😱

• Like 1

If anyone on the 3 July cruise is still reading the posts and, if they are in a suite, please can you advise if there was a separate luggage collection point for suite guests.  Speaking to a friend in the US last night and apparently it is the norm over there but I have no idea if it is the norm over here (or if this cruise will feature any of the normal conventions associated with check in, given the Covid measures). 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Maybe CelebrityCruises ought go down this route.😱

I honestly have no idea why X/RCI are making it so difficult for everyone with the PCR tests…. MSC have now successfully been sailing since 20/5 with testing on arrival and mid cruise…

I wonder how many people will just turn up at port and  get their tests done there now….

@Nick&Simon enjoy all your future cruises on Cunard: the rest of us will struggle on. 

• Like 2