Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

18 hours ago, Goaty said:

When we’ve parked at the port the car park has been right next to the ship. We’ve parked up and left our suitcases behind the car where they have been collected and taken on board. There are plenty of port personnel about to help. Lock your car and take your keys with you and head off into the terminal!

They were taking your luggage again on Saturday. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I know Celebrity's Surf WiFi is pretty rubbish so we'll probably use our phones' mobile internet data to check stuff when we're in port or within range of the shore. But do we need to turn off data roaming when out of range at sea to prevent excess charges? I can't remember whether we should or shouldn't when on a cruise ship.

Be careful of using your mobile on the ship. I used mine after we had docked in San Diego a couple of years back to phone the airline. It cost me over £60 for a ten mins call. Three said I was down as still being linked to cellular at sea and there was no way of proving otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 8611202 said:

Silly question but can anyone help with understanding the pre purchase premium wine package? I was interested in buying this for our 17 July voyage, but the system allows you to select one guest or two? Does that mean if you select both guests in your cabin you both get the wine package, or should you just book one package in one name?
And does anyone know whether it is more cost effective to pre purchase the package or to purchase bottles separately on board and get the 20% discount for guests who are on the premium package ?

This is one of those things that going to be quite affected by how they are handling VAT on the bottle and the service.. If its always VAT no matter how far out the ship is sailing I suspect your better pre purchasing..And  Yes you can buy one as its a set amount

Can anyone onboard say what are the drinks limits are for thew premium package and do the prices shown on menus (app) include UK VAT and 20% tips? 

The app on my phone for our 6th Aug UK circumnavigation is showing martini drinks as $16 are they included or an upcharge? 

3 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Can anyone onboard say what are the drinks limits are for thew premium package and do the prices shown on menus (app) include UK VAT and 20% tips? 

The app on my phone for our 6th Aug UK circumnavigation is showing martini drinks as $16 are they included or an upcharge? 

I had an email today, inviting me to pre purchase the Premium package, at a reduction of 10% as we are Elite. This cannot be done on line or on the ship. You have to ring

0800 2404323.

We are on board this cruise 3 rd July  and this is our experience. 

Embarkation - arrived slightly early and set to wait.  We were told no problem  and to go in.  Initial two checks of sea pass on our phones.  We joined the queue which snaked a bit.  Passport and sea pass check and security.  We then needed to go through checks with people with iPads who photographed our vaccinations (and the QR) vaccination code (under travel), PCR test etc.  We were cleared to board and then all sat in an area and were released in small numbers on board.  This all took around  an hour. The waiting in the seating area was the most frustrating - so near, but so far!  We were clapped on board and it was a very wet eyed, emotional experience.

FYI.  No  priority boarding for anyone that we could see.  

Crew greatly reduced - they cannot share cabins.  Crew are super friendly and pleased to be back, but there are areas where there are delays, especially with tables at mealtimes as distanced tables.  
the suites must be pretty booked as Luminae very busy.   The main restaurant has many empty tables for distancing purposes. 

The bars are a bit strange where you have to sit on chairs at the bar, but facing away and not have your drink on say the ice at the Martini bar.  Other areas in bars where you cannot sit.  Polite signs asking for space.  
The Retreat deck and Lounge very well staffed and luxurious.  We had sunny weather yesterday afternoon so quite busy, but not today and it is quite chilly. 

The lifts are almost instantaneous!  
Oceanvirw - many stations closed as obviously they do not need to cater for so many.  Food served to you.  Plenty are staff around. 

It is honestly so great to be back on board and really great to see the crew who have mostly been back at home and so relieved to be back working.  

We are really pleased we took this cruise - it has been worth the wait! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I had an email today, inviting me to pre purchase the Premium package, at a reduction of 10% as we are Elite. This cannot be done on line or on the ship. You have to ring

0800 2404323.

Jackie I already have the premium but does it incude the martini bar?

This is a menue from the MDR a couple of nights ago.... note the bottom line. UK VAT will be added as aplicable. So is the Caribbean Cobler in fact $18.60 and is it covered?

970939461_210705MDRdrinks.thumb.jpg.551467e7891c0fb1766ae5b59af62441.jpg

33 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Logically I suppose if the price of your cocktail per the menu is $15.50 plus UK VAT, your package limit should be $15 plus UK VAT so you would have to pay 50c plus UK VAT as a surcharge, that is 60c.

I think that makes sense! 

I was presuming that if you had a drinks package, then VAT would not be levied on your drinks, and could order drinks up to the level of your package. 
Hopefully somebody on board the 3rd July sailing will clarify.

46 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I was presuming that if you had a drinks package, then VAT would not be levied on your drinks, and could order drinks up to the level of your package. 

I’m sure you’re right. I think the question related to drinks above the limit in your package. 

53 minutes ago, downsmead said:

We are on the premium drinks package (currently aboard). You can order anything from the drinks menu under $18 and there are no additional charges. I have had a few martini's for $16 and there have been no additional charges added to our account. I have also had single malt whisky and there have been no additional charges for that either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Bandic said:

We are on the premium drinks package (currently aboard). You can order anything from the drinks menu under $18 and there are no additional charges. I have had a few martini's for $16 and there have been no additional charges added to our account. I have also had single malt whisky and there have been no additional charges for that either. 

Makes sense.

$15 (advertised limit) plus VAT = $18.

Cheers!

Presuming that you will have already had a “Chic Night”  and as someone who is about to start packing, could some of you onboard at present give some feedback on how enthusiastically the dress code has been embraced please?

Are many people taking the opportunity to don their glad rags and glam up or have most people taken the more casual approach? 
We would very much appreciate any info you can give. Thank you !!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

Presuming that you will have already had a “Chic Night”  and as someone who is about to start packing, could some of you onboard at present give some feedback on how enthusiastically the dress code has been embraced please?

Are many people taking the opportunity to don their glad rags and glam up or have most people taken the more casual approach? 

Tonight is chic night. We are at the Captain's Club soirée. 

There are quite a few ladies in elegant evening wear with their partners in DJ's. We will be dressing for the evening too.

I would pack for 'chic night' as the vast majority at this event are dressed and I guess the rest of the guests will be too.

Thank you Bandic for that feedback …. It is music to my ears as we are intending to take our evening wear and make the most of the opportunity to dress up !!

It is very good to know that others are of the same view and we won’t be alone.

Enjoy the soirée …I think it will be our turn next week 🤔.  
Did you receive the invitation as a result of your Captains Club status?

15 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

We did. The couple that had the highest status and were congratulated by the captain have been on 79 Celebrity cruises. We have a way to go yet!

41 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

Thank you Bandic for that feedback …. It is music to my ears as we are intending to take our evening wear and make the most of the opportunity to dress up !!

It is very good to know that others are of the same view and we won’t be alone.

Enjoy the soirée …I think it will be our turn next week 🤔.  

We are on the 9 July cruise and will definitely be donning our gladrags for the occasion! 

2 hours ago, BestGuessed said:

How do you know about “chic night”? I’ve heard absolutely nothing, it’s not in my documentation. I don’t remember it when we sailed on silhouette a couple of years ago. Now I’m worried that there are other things I should know about that I don’t.

Mind you, I still haven’t had the email telling me to book my PCR test!

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

Jackie I already have the premium but does it incude the martini bar?

This is a menue from the MDR a couple of nights ago.... note the bottom line. UK VAT will be added as aplicable. So is the Caribbean Cobler in fact $18.60 and is it covered?

970939461_210705MDRdrinks.thumb.jpg.551467e7891c0fb1766ae5b59af62441.jpg

I don’t know if they are adding VAT or not. But if VAT is not included in the menu price they are breaking UK trading law!

7 minutes ago, southamptonsue said:

How do you know about “chic night”? I’ve heard absolutely nothing, it’s not in my documentation. I don’t remember it when we sailed on silhouette a couple of years ago. Now I’m worried that there are other things I should know about that I don’t.

Mind you, I still haven’t had the email telling me to book my PCR test!

Chic Nights are Celebrity's revised version of what used to be Formal Nights.

If you haven’t received anything regarding your PCR test by now and are sailing on Friday I would suggest that you should contact Celebrity as a matter of urgency tomorrow.  We received our instructions over three weeks ago ….🥴

1 hour ago, Bandic said:

Tonight is chic night. We are at the Captain's Club soirée. 

There are quite a few ladies in elegant evening wear with their partners in DJ's. We will be dressing for the evening too.

I would pack for 'chic night' as the vast majority at this event are dressed and I guess the rest of the guests will be too.

Easier to take formal wear if not flying to departure port!