Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

35 minutes ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Hi guys,

Had our Eurofins test yesterday at 2:30 in Stansted and had the results at 2:40 today. I have to say my experience was excellent and the staff were great! 

That makes me even more nervous. Great experience, but not knowing the timeline for results is challenging. 

I'm pleased you have you results though.

1 minute ago, Nick&Simon said:

That makes me even more nervous. Great experience, but not knowing the timeline for results is challenging. 

I'm pleased you have you results though.

Someone posted on one of the Roll Call threads a time line from Celebrity re testing and when to expect the results back. It is apparently somewhere on the website though I have not seen it there. In essence, it says testing on day 3 or 2 before, you will get your result the day before sailing. 
Feedback on cc seems mixed from very fast, to still waiting, to Eurofins saying that they did not have a record of someone being tested! 🤷‍♀️

38 minutes ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Hi guys,

Had our Eurofins test yesterday at 2:30 in Stansted and had the results at 2:40 today. I have to say my experience was excellent and the staff were great! 

Hi CambsCruiser82

My experience was the same as yours.

Had Eurofins test early afternoon in Bristol yesterday and got my result a few hours ago.  Arrived at location well before appointment time but they didn't mind.  Great staff. 

I see silhouette is sailing out for the evening (cruise mapper)…..back first thing in the morning according to the port schedule…….overnight for invited VIPs/media/TAs?  Shakedown trip? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

Someone posted on one of the Roll Call threads a time line from Celebrity re testing and when to expect the results back. It is apparently somewhere on the website though I have not seen it there. In essence, it says testing on day 3 or 2 before, you will get your result the day before sailing. 
Feedback on cc seems mixed from very fast, to still waiting, to Eurofins saying that they did not have a record of someone being tested! 🤷‍♀️

Dates for testing from Celebrity website

https--www.celebritycruises.com-content-dam-celebrity-pdf-eurofins-testing-information-june-2021.pd….webloc

14 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

The App not working today when I was checking my dates when completing medical forms at a hospital. Can print from the App or request via  website/119.

I suspect they were updating the app.

I printed ours out when the information was first put on (May17?).

The QR code is now dated for the end of the month( July 31st).

Does this mean I have to reprint?

My vaccine status is still the same.

Just had my Eurofins PCR test at Courtyard Hotel Luton, well signposted and organised. Would recommend this site for anyone in the area. 

Friendly staff, and register your car at reception for free car parking as well.

Only critique of Eurofins was that the app showed my test at Raffles Hotel, Singapore! 

12 minutes ago, energyuk said:

Just had my Eurofins PCR test at Courtyard Hotel Luton, well signposted and organised. Would recommend this site for anyone in the area. 

Friendly staff, and register your car at reception for free car parking as well.

Only critique of Eurofins was that the app showed my test at Raffles Hotel, Singapore! 

How did you get that sorted. I had the same and Eurofins couldn’t help and neither did Celebrity? 

19 minutes ago, energyuk said:

I just ignored it and turned up at the test site I had booked and they were expecting me there, so no issues. 

How did you book it though. Mine was stuck on Raffles hotel and wouldn’t let me change it to book anywhere else. I used the TrustOne app

1 minute ago, energyuk said:

I used the link sent and did it on my laptop, it was only when I then signed into the app I noticed the Raffles Singapore address for test.

Once we had linked to TrustOne we couldn’t then use the link again to go in via the web. 

Just had an email from our TA:

'IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding your Celebrity Silhouette sailing( 6th August). I thought it was probably an itinerary change, or maybe even information for booking our PCR test.

No, just a gentle reminder that the free car parking needs to be booked by tomorrow.

It did however state that our sailing is fully booked.

5EBF64A6-F137-49D3-9995-A3C98919A297.jpeg

16 hours ago, jeffess said:

Hi CambsCruiser82

My experience was the same as yours.

Had Eurofins test early afternoon in Bristol yesterday and got my result a few hours ago.  Arrived at location well before appointment time but they didn't mind.  Great staff. 

Can you advise where the Eurofins test centre was in Bristol please? Thanks

That’s interesting the list of upcoming cruises, it doesn’t mention the ones in September that are due to sail to various parts of Europe, Iceland and the Canaries? I wonder why? We’re booked on the Northern European capital cities cruise and payment day is fast approaching!!

55 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

Can you advise where the Eurofins test centre was in Bristol please? Thanks

When we did ours on Wednesday, we had the choice of Bristol Aztec Hotel or The Mile Straight Sports Club in Filton (near Parkway train station).

3 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

That’s interesting the list of upcoming cruises, it doesn’t mention the ones in September that are due to sail to various parts of Europe, Iceland and the Canaries? I wonder why? We’re booked on the Northern European capital cities cruise and payment day is fast approaching!!

That list is titled "new" itineraries. Weren't the September ones from before rather than replacing previously cancelled itineraries?

I was thinking of putting in a bid to upgrade my son's and his family's room on the Silhouette from a Concierge to a suite, mainly for them to have a bit more space and bath in the bathroom which would be so much better for them as they have 2 very young children. But if the bid is successful, how would the extra cost of the tips work? We've got free tips as part of our current booking and I know that the tips cost more in a suite. Will the extra be automatically included or does the extra have to be paid?

17 hours ago, TC38 said:

I see silhouette is sailing out for the evening (cruise mapper)…..back first thing in the morning according to the port schedule…….overnight for invited VIPs/media/TAs?  Shakedown trip? 

They pay for use of the actual pier so being less time moored costs less money.

There may be crew training, especially in the bridge, as this is now Silhouette’s home port. It’ll be advantageous to depart at a different time of day to experience different tides and light and the ability to see the lights and buoys. 
Lastly, they’re able to pump fresh seawater through different systems and desalinators and get the pools nice and fresh.

24 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I was thinking of putting in a bid to upgrade my son's and his family's room on the Silhouette from a Concierge to a suite, mainly for them to have a bit more space and bath in the bathroom which would be so much better for them as they have 2 very young children. But if the bid is successful, how would the extra cost of the tips work? We've got free tips as part of our current booking and I know that the tips cost more in a suite. Will the extra be automatically included or does the extra have to be paid?

Not sure about the tips but if you’re not in a suite too there will be areas that they can go and you can’t. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TC38 said:

Staff from the UK office on board testing her out - as a thank you to them for a very difficult year.

• Like 2