policy for vaccine.  If not vaccinated, will they require proof of test before

boarding.  

1 hour ago, trickylibrarian said:

Just booked this cruise for October 22.  Have been on Uniworld twice before

so no concerns about the company.  Would love to hear thoughts/comments

if you've been on this cruise.  Fingers crossed they may decide to change

policy for vaccine.  If not vaccinated, will they require proof of test before

boarding.  

I don't think anyone is certain of their policies 2 months in advance, let alone 16 months.

We loved this cruise so much we did it twice!  It is not a typical river cruise, as much of the time is spent exploring Venice and the surrounding islands. We really enjoyed having lots of time in Venice, both on guided tours and on our own. It is such a unique, interesting place!  The bike ride in Chioggia was lots of fun, as was our luncheon visit to the off-shore platform where mussels are harvested.  Not sure if those excursions are still offered.  We also took the tour to Bologna which included a pasta making demonstration and delicious lunch.  Touring St. Mark's after hours was a real treat, as was time spent on Torcello and Burano.

Hopefully the virus will not curtail the tours Uniworld offers.  We are scheduled to take their Grand France cruise in August, and are cautiously optimistic that we will actually go this time around (we booked the trip almost 2 years ago, and because of covid, it has been rescheduled twice)!  

• Like 1

Happy Saturday🙂. I  took this cruise in October 2019 and loved it as well😃. I agree with Babcia, it is not your typical river cruise.  You are going through Canals around Venice. Actually, on my sailing there was an issue with The River Po and we could not sail on it. But that didn't matter to me. All the places are right around Venice and it is so beautiful, historic and so interesting. 

We had the private tour in St Marks as well........that was FABULOUS!!!!!!👍

Hope you are able to sail and have a fantastic time!!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, trickylibrarian said:

Just booked this cruise for October 22.  Have been on Uniworld twice before

so no concerns about the company.  Would love to hear thoughts/comments

if you've been on this cruise.  

We are booked on this cruise for July 23. If you jump to p.42 on this forum, there is a wonderfully detailed day by day review by papa B me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, loves2read said:

We are booked on this cruise for July 23. If you jump to p.42 on this forum, there is a wonderfully detailed day by day review by papa B me.

Just for ease of reference for others, the review mentioned by @loves2read is this one, and thanks for pointing me to it:

• Thanks 1

We did this trip in 2017 & are hoping to do it again in a few years that's how much we loved it.  This itinerary seemed to have more free time than a traditional river cruise & we really enjoyed that aspect of it.  The ability to get off the ship & go for a walk or get a gelato or sightsee on your own a bit was great. Happy planning & enjoy every minute!

• Like 2

We almost booked this cruise for October of this year, but then the dates didn't work out.  We may take it in the future.  Interestingly, in the 2017 review by @papa B me, he felt that one downside to the cruise was that it was not on a Super Ship.  But now the River Countess (the ship from the 2017 sailing) has been renovated and become the S.S. La Venezia.  So it presumably is now a more desirable ship.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’re booked for August 27.  We did it in 2017 and absolutely loved it but at the time we weren’t able to sail the river because of the weather (seriously we really didn’t care,  they entertain us and being in Venice extra time was wonderful!) but we have been assured us this new ship can make the crossing.  That being said, I told my husband I’m glad our first trip after 18 months of Covid is with Uniworld.  I believe they will have everything under control.  Plus they do  seem to have the ability to “jump” lines.. less crowds.  St. Mark’s!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stmartins said:

We’re booked for August 27.  We did it in 2017 and absolutely loved it but at the time we weren’t able to sail the river because of the weather (seriously we really didn’t care,  they entertain us and being in Venice extra time was wonderful!) but we have been assured us this new ship can make the crossing.  That being said, I told my husband I’m glad our first trip after 18 months of Covid is with Uniworld.  I believe they will have everything under control.  Plus they do  seem to have the ability to “jump” lines.. less crowds.  St. Mark’s!!!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise🙂.  The same thing happened to me when I did this itinerary in Oct 2019. We could not sail on The Po but I had a fantastic time even without that..........I LOVE Venice😃

• Like 2