How does booking in advance affect your Status Level?

We have 5 Royal Caribbean cruises booked from Oct., 2021 (currently Platinum) through Oct., 2022.   With the double points program, we should be Diamond for our last cruise in Oct., 2022.  If I'm booking now as Platinum, am I losing out on upgraded benefits for any cruises I book going forward? (We'll be Emerald after our Nov. 2021 cruise) Or should we wait until we're Diamond to book add'l cruises and get better booking privileges?  We wanted to book additional cruises but thought we should inquire about this first.  Thanks in Advance.

11 minutes ago, birdsinparadise525 said:

We have 5 Royal Caribbean cruises booked from Oct., 2021 (currently Platinum) through Oct., 2022.   With the double points program, we should be Diamond for our last cruise in Oct., 2022.  If I'm booking now as Platinum, am I losing out on upgraded benefits for any cruises I book going forward? (We'll be Emerald after our Nov. 2021 cruise) Or should we wait until we're Diamond to book add'l cruises and get better booking privileges?  We wanted to book additional cruises but thought we should inquire about this first.  Thanks in Advance.

As you attain the next level, all it takes is a call to theC&A desk to get your perks (like increased balcony discounts) updated.

If you do things like back-to-back sailings where you reach a new level during one sailing and then are on the next sailing, you can just go to the Loyalty Desk and let them know and they'll adjust it so onboard benefits are available at your new level for the second cruise.

There's a Balcony Cabin and above discount based on your level, at the time you make the booking. You can call after you increase levels to reprice any future bookings you have, and if the then-current new price is less than you had booked at before, they'll adjust the booking price for you.

Other than the different discounts on Balcony and above cabins, there's no differences in how bookings are handled depending on your Crown & Anchor level.

Edited by dswallow

As previous poster stated, simply call to get additional balcony discount once you have actually attained your new level.  Your new level will show up about a week to 10 days after completion of the cruise that put you there.  It has to show in your C&A level with RCI that you are currently at that level for the CS rep to reprice your cabin to reflect that additional discount.  

I did it when I turned D+ on 8 different cruises I had originally booked at D level some years ago.  It should still be the same set up...hopefully.  Though no one knows for sure what changes are coming with restart.  

55 minutes ago, soremekun said:

If there is a reprice due to new status level, does the cruise fair get repriced to current fares?

No...stays the same.  It is still the same reservation.  The CS rep on the phone will adjust to show the new discount.   It's really not a lot...but does help. 

• Like 1