No masks or social distancing on cruises!!

Shakatime

9 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

in my opinion i can afford to wait till this all settles down.  The arguments hassles and craziness onboard is not worth it.  It truly is not a vacation.

No one know about any arguments and craziness. You do? I have not heard about that on current cruises. One can only guess about cruises out of US ports. In another few weeks we may find more information after there are some cruises sailing.

• Like 1

Realistically, if test cruises are going to be announced this week for non- restricted sailings beginning 7/3/21, would there be enough time to get everything back from the CDC after completing the test sailings?

another question is, do you think that some protocols as far as restrictions are concerned will not be known until someone actually boards the ship? Like, Spa open/closed, Piano Bar opened/closed, deck parties, water parks, etc? I would hate to think Carnival would keep a lid on these details but maybe it is possible that we won’t know until actually on board and if that’s the case does it impact your cruise?

• Like 1

Guess its not just Carnival that wants to go both routes as now Disney joins RCI for the test cruise phase.  Wonder if their boards are just as lively about those decisions like ours are about Carnivals decision to do this.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Guess its not just Carnival that wants to go both routes as now Disney joins RCI for the test cruise phase.  Wonder if their boards are just as lively about those decisions like ours are about Carnivals decision to do this.  

I think cruise demographics will continue to mirror every day demographics just as they always have, you'll get the same mix on land and sea, no matter the line after the first vaccination only cruises have run their course.

I'm sad that this whole mask/no mask is yet another divisive issue that didn't need to be - and place the blame squarely on the flip flopping CDC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I think cruise demographics will continue to mirror every day demographics just as they always have, you'll get the same mix on land and sea, no matter the line after the first vaccination only cruises have run their course.

I'm sad that this whole mask/no mask is yet another divisive issue that didn't need to be - and place the blame squarely on the flip flopping CDC.

I agree but it appears the plan with all 3 lines is to do both types of cruises not just the vaccination only cruises.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Poor people can't afford that luxury.

Simple deductive reasoning would imply they are not poor.  Somehow, I'm reasonably sure that wasn't even close to what point was being made....but then again, you knew that huh?

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I agree but it appears the plan with all 3 lines is to do both types of cruises not just the vaccination only cruises.

I think the vaccination only cruises will go away after about 3 months.  Just a guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bdever said:

Realistically, if test cruises are going to be announced this week for non- restricted sailings beginning 7/3/21, would there be enough time to get everything back from the CDC after completing the test sailings?

another question is, do you think that some protocols as far as restrictions are concerned will not be known until someone actually boards the ship? Like, Spa open/closed, Piano Bar opened/closed, deck parties, water parks, etc? I would hate to think Carnival would keep a lid on these details but maybe it is possible that we won’t know until actually on board and if that’s the case does it impact your cruise?

Those are great questions.  Maybe they will all be open, but with distancing between groups.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:06 AM, ajm said:

And buy some time to get a vaccination so not everyone has to get the virus.

No one thought the lockdowns would stop the virus, they were meant to slow the spread so hospitals wouldn't be seriously overwhelmed.

• Like 1

When we all go on a cruise, we are given the utmost freedom by the people who run the cruise lines and the crew of the ship we are on. When we do not hear of them that means they are doing their job. We all know there are thousands of lines of rules in the agreements we sign. The cruise industry makes money on all cruises. The cruises that may have a higher chance of non vaxxers means a loss of revenue if denied in the long run. The shorter cruises are revenue busters to enable cheaper longer cruises. That is a win win. 

On 6/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, BlerkOne said:

Masks were recommended to protect others from the wearer. I certainly knew that over a year ago.

I never understood that thinking...   you're in your car, touching your face, touching everything - even your mask...  suddenly you get out of your car to go into a grocery store and you put that mask on -  then you're touching everything in the grocery store with the same hands that were exposed to your face just moments before

even if you put some hand sanitizer on your hands, you've still got the same clothes on (that you haven't sanitized) and will likely be touching at some point during your trip in the store.  Your hair also probably wasn't sanitized...  Many people are also constantly adjusting their masks and unless you immediately sanitize your hands every time you touch your mask, or your hair or your clothes,  you have just re-exposed your hands to whatever that mask is supposed to be keeping in...

IMO masks have always been a false sense of security.

• Like 2

I am fully vaccinated, as is my husband. We still wear our mask's when out among strangers. I do not understand Carnival saying, they will not require fully vaccinated persons, on their cruises. I know they're thinking they will lose people if they do. But, I bet they can still get max passengers by enforcing the rules. 

Are they going to be allowed to completely fill the ships, or only certain number of passengers?

15 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

I never understood that thinking...   you're in your car, touching your face, touching everything - even your mask...  suddenly you get out of your car to go into a grocery store and you put that mask on -  then you're touching everything in the grocery store with the same hands that were exposed to your face just moments before

even if you put some hand sanitizer on your hands, you've still got the same clothes on (that you haven't sanitized) and will likely be touching at some point during your trip in the store.  Your hair also probably wasn't sanitized...  Many people are also constantly adjusting their masks and unless you immediately sanitize your hands every time you touch your mask, or your hair or your clothes,  you have just re-exposed your hands to whatever that mask is supposed to be keeping in...

IMO masks have always been a false sense of security.

Masks are to protect others from you. Personal hygiene is a different topic.

• Like 1

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️ Does anyone know if there is a capacity requirement for nonrestrictive sailings per the CDC Cruise Guidelines Handbook?

I am assuming there is as this would help enforce social distancing requirements but I don’t remember seeing it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bdever said:

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️ Does anyone know if there is a capacity requirement for nonrestrictive sailings per the CDC Cruise Guidelines Handbook?

I am assuming there is as this would help enforce social distancing requirements but I don’t remember seeing it. 

I haven't seen anything from Carnival, but for my August 21st cruise on the Mardi Gras they sent two emails practically encouraging people to cancel.  I think they will sail the summer cruises at a huge reduced capacity so that all goes well.  I wonder if Carnival will report anything about this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Fauci says otherwise. Your local drug store mask won't do anything to stop the spread of covid. Read his emails.

To play 'devils advocate', he most likely said the exact opposite several times as well.  Beauty of him - we're free to 'follow the séance' or 'follow the science'.....whatever 'feels' right lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Fauci says otherwise. Your local drug store mask won't do anything to stop the spread of covid. Read his emails.

How about not taking what he said out of context? As I stated, masks are to protect others from you and it is true.

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How about not taking what he said out of context? As I stated, masks are to protect others from you and it is true.

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

Even though FOOOCHi admits that he lied, the real question is "Why do ppl still believe in him?" It's like the, what is it? The Stockholm Syndrome? 

• Like 3