anytime dining? DIY in ports

suec12

We have a cruise booked (Med.) in Sept. Does any one know at this point if the will be anytime dining, buffets and DIY walk-abouts in ports. As I mentioned we will be mainly in Greece, but wondering about cruises on HAL (or others) in other parts of the world as well. Thanks!

The recommendations have been all against buffets. Current CDC recommendations are nobody who has been vaccinated needs to be limited to cruise line excursions. I would expect HAL to follow those, unless local countries are stricter.

Been discussed here daily.

You should know that the CDC has absolutely nothing to say about cruises in Europe/Med, etc.  Seabourn (which is closely aligned with HAL) is not requiring mandatory ship excursions or implementing any shore restrictions (other then whatever normal COVID policies might exist ashore for anyone).  At this point the Greek government is not imposing any special restrictions on cruisers.  

Hank

There will still be buffets but they probably won't be self-service (but most of the stuff on HAL already wasn't). I booked a cruise last week through a HAL phone agent (my TA was having problems with a private fare and I had a question about OBC that was showing up) and when booking my dining choice, she told me that they had not decided if there would still be anytime dining. She said that they might force everyone to early or late dining and divide it by floor in the MDR. I had not heard this before and hope they do not do it since I do not like either the early or late times.

Off-topic: the HAL phone person was able to enter my TA's information in the reservation so it went directly to her and did not have to fill out a form to transfer it after I booked (as I would have had I made it online). I never knew it could be done like that, although I guess if they can do that when booking on board it would make sense.

Edited by MisterBill99

22 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

There will still be buffets but they probably won't be self-service (but most of the stuff on HAL already wasn't). I booked a cruise last week through a HAL phone agent (my TA was having problems with a private fare and I had a question about OBC that was showing up) and when booking my dining choice, she told me that they had not decided if there would still be anytime dining. She said that they might force everyone to early or late dining and divide it by floor in the MDR. I had not heard this before and hope they do not do it since I do not like either the early or late times.

Off-topic: the HAL phone person was able to enter my TA's information in the reservation so it went directly to her and did not have to fill out a form to transfer it after I booked (as I would have had I made it online). I never knew it could be done like that, although I guess if they can do that when booking on board it would make sense.

I agree on you with the anytime dining.  I would not enjoy being forced into traditional.  I wonder what other cruise lines are doing.  I really don’t keep up with them.