Fake vaccine cards

2 hours ago, gmerick said:

The mask I wear (a 3M P100 dual filter with attached P100 exhale filter) does protect me.  The cosmetic virtue signaling fashion statements so in vogue by the screaming masses do nothing except make a (misleading) political announcement.

Sounds like you need to relax and not let the "screaming masses" get to you so much.  Enjoy the mask.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I thought vaccine passport has been scrapped?

And how will the American check in staff at Bayonne for instance know that the App is not a fake? I am sure there will be fake apps you can download or create? Not that I know much about I Phones and that kind of thing.

It would be very easy to screenshot a QR code or proof of vaccine text. That's how I check in to my flights all the time, screenshot. You never know what an app is going to do inside an airport as far as working or not, I don't risk actually having to pull it up in real time. 

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

SAN FRANCISCO — On Etsy, eBay, Facebook and Twitter, little rectangular slips of paper started showing up for sale in late January. Printed on card stock, they measured 3-by-4 inches and featured crisp black lettering. Sellers listed them for $20 to $60 each, with a discount on bundles of three or more. Laminated ones cost extra.

All were forgeries or falsified copies of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination cards, which are given to people who have been inoculated against COVID-19 in the United States.

Online stores offering counterfeit or stolen vaccine cards have mushroomed in recent weeks, Khalifah said. The efforts are far from hidden, with Facebook pages named “vax-cards” and eBay listings with “blank vaccine cards” openly hawking the items. 

“We found hundreds of online stores selling the cards. Potentially thousands were sold,” said Saoud Khalifah, the founder of FakeSpot, which offers tools to detect fake listings and reviews online.

The coronavirus has made opportunists out of many people, like those who hoarded bottles of hand sanitizer at the start of the pandemic or those who cheated recipients out of their stimulus checks. Now online scammers have latched onto the latest profit-making initiative: the little white cards that provide proof of shots.

Even some state and local public health department websites had blank copies of the card you could print.

17 hours ago, Rolla4fun said:

Hello all!

First of all I do NOT want to start a debate on getting/not getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Royal Caribbean is requiring everyone to be fully vaccinated to board their ships. I am wondering how the cruise lines are going to verify if the vaccine cards provided are legitimate since there is not currently a vaccine passport. Anyone can make or purchase “fake” vaccine cards these days. 

Hi:

Excellent point,dont pay attention to anyone who says thats not my problem it will be if you get sick.

Looks like some people lived in a world that is nice and rosy..

Maybe they have their head bury in the sand..Wake up this a really a rough world.Anything can be fake

Money, passports you name it if you can pay we got it..They attack capitol hill...Anything you say here

is debated for the wrong reasons.

We agreed it is very good point,looking at card very easy to fake.There it should a way to verify the

card,except for the dob everything is wide open.

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Good post.  Yesterday I drove by a teenager walking all alone outdoors, no one within 100 yards of him.  He was wearing a mask.  Both funny and sad.

Why do you care?  Do you feel better about yourself now that you posted about the teenager?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

1. Why? 

2. If they actually ask usto prove our vaccinations you can bet your bottom dollar that the cost of cruising out of Forida will skyrocket to cover the fines. Can you say, $5000 plus the cruise costs! 

1.  The cruise lines have been stopped from sailing for 15 months now. At this point they don't have the luxury of joining a vaccine debate. They need revenue. If that requires them to sail with all vaccinated passengers for now then that is what they will do. Also, they don't want any covid outbreaks or issues.

2. There will be no fines. It will get worked out.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, juncos said:

There it should a way to verify the card,except for the dob everything is wide open.

I'd suggest that the card you got when you received your shot(s) was just intended to be a record of your transactions, not some sort of passport.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

You can hope that the small percentage of unvaccinated that Royal is allowing will be allocated to unvaxxed adults, but I think you will find yourself disappointed if the AOS policy is an indicator.  As soon as there was an emergency use authorization for kids over 12 to be vaccinated, the Royal policy was changed to reflect that on AOS sailings.  

Do you have a link that states RCI will definitely allow unvaccinated adults?

Serious question. What specifcially is the today'sc (current) RCG policy for unvaccinated or vaccinated passengers to board their ships for a cruise out of US ports? 

12 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Serious question. What specifcially is the today'sc (current) RCG policy for unvaccinated or vaccinated passengers to board their ships for a cruise out of US ports? 

Try looking it up yourself — not currently booking a cruise on Royal out of a US port, so not worth my time.  And try understanding that the entire situation, regardless of embarkation port, is subject to change at anytime so for cruises in 4-6 months, whatever is the policy for the next weeks, and probably few months has potentially no real bearing on six months from now.  That’s why in an earlier comment on this basic topic, I said “at the moment”.  

Edited by 3kidsncats

For all of you anti-vaxxing conspiracy type folks who are planning on trying to sneak onto the cruises...remember, you don't have the chip that was injected when the vaccine was given.  So you WILL get caught when you are scanned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, boatseller said:

They're not.  The only travel doc that is verifiable is your Passport and some Visas.

They will look at a piece of paper, but that's it.  This is exactly what the airlines are doing for inbound passengers.  There is no way to verify the test results.

This is why we can descrbe the CDC as clueless nitwits.  The ease with which their protocols are evaded, avoided & ignored render them meaningless.  I am no more concerned about the use of fake vax cards than I am the people who get prohibited items past TSA.

If someone gets covid onboard a supposedly-vaccinated cruise, the authorities are going to call the provider on the vaccine card on file to see if it is counterfeit.  If it is, said person will be turned over at the next port for prosecution.  If it's the Bahamas, for example, it's punishable by up to 2 years in jail, and that 2 years starts once you finally get a chance to see a judge.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Try looking it up yourself — not currently booking a cruise on Royal out of a US port, so not worth my time.  And try understanding that the entire situation, regardless of embarkation port, is subject to change at anytime so for cruises in 4-6 months, whatever is the policy for the next weeks, and probably few months has potentially no real bearing on six months from now.  That’s why in an earlier comment on this basic topic, I said “at the moment”.  

I couldn't find the 'Adult' policy you asked about. That's why I ask you about it since you posted on it. I though you knew of an Adult unvaccinated policy. I don't think it exists. 

22 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, this is why penny pinching healthcare corporations continue to pay for masks for the healthcare professionals that work at their facilities 

Right, because the only medical use for masks is for airborne viruses. 

23 minutes ago, jtwind said:

For all of you anti-vaxxing conspiracy type folks who are planning on trying to sneak onto the cruises...remember, you don't have the chip that was injected when the vaccine was given.  So you WILL get caught when you are scanned.

I get your drift but I don't think anyone will be 'sneaking' on any ship. 

5 minutes ago, jtwind said:

What!?  That's the topic of this thread.  

I recognize this but I do not think anyone will be required to show proof of vaccines by the time the US ports actually have ships sailing away w/ passengers on them in non testing cruises. I think all of this posturing will have disappeared.  Things are moving fast and it's my belief that what might matter today won't matter by then.  

6 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I recognize this but I do not think anyone will be required to show proof of vaccines by the time the US ports actually have ships sailing away w/ passengers on them in non testing cruises. I think all of this posturing will have disappeared.  Things are moving fast and it's my belief that what might matter today won't matter by then.  

I guess that injectable tracking chip will still have other uses.

But I'd gladly bet a beer that proof of vaccination will be required for a while.  Overseas, at least.

44 minutes ago, garywatson said:

If someone gets covid onboard a supposedly-vaccinated cruise, the authorities are going to call the provider on the vaccine card on file to see if it is counterfeit.  If it is, said person will be turned over at the next port for prosecution.  If it's the Bahamas, for example, it's punishable by up to 2 years in jail, and that 2 years starts once you finally get a chance to see a judge.

Yep.  Didn't say it was smart.  But if the investigation is handled anything like the contract tracing fiasco, it won't get far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I couldn't find the 'Adult' policy you asked about. That's why I ask you about it since you posted on it. I though you knew of an Adult unvaccinated policy. I don't think it exists. 

Try doing a mock booking on available cruises sailing in the next couple of months.  I think you know very well that only vaccinated adults (16+  through end of July, 12+ as of Aug 1) are able to book, but for some reason you like to play games.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Right, because the only medical use for masks is for airborne viruses. 

Right, because airborne viruses aren’t part of the reason.  I’ll be sure to let my pulmonologist doctor friends know that when they are treating their patients in the ER that they don’t need to wear masks anymore because some guy on a forum thinks they aren’t necessary 

• Like 5

Just now, 3kidsncats said:

Try doing a mock booking on available cruises sailing in the next couple of months.  I think you know very well that only vaccinated adults (16+  through end of July, 12+ as of Aug 1) are able to book, but for some reason you like to play games.  

Why so hateful and meanspirited? You specifically posted about a policy regarding unvaccinated ADULTS.... your words not mine. I did not know of this or hear of this until you mentioned it. This is why I asked. I have looked and to my knowlege there is absolutely no policy that states this as of today.  If you don't know of it,  you don't know of it.  And yes, everything changes... we all understand this part.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1