Air2Sea Rates

Is everyone else seeing airfare rates on Air2Sea going through the roof?  
I’ve been checking a price on a fare I purchased a month ago and it’s gone from $1400 pp to $2900 pp. 

I assumed fares might go down as a result of things reopening, but evidently not. 

24 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Is everyone else seeing airfare rates on Air2Sea going through the roof?  
I’ve been checking a price on a fare I purchased a month ago and it’s gone from $1400 pp to $2900 pp. 

I assumed fares might go down as a result of things reopening, but evidently not. 

Just looked at one way LAX to Barcelona for a transatlantic in oct.  Everything is around $700pp and that is double the amount over 2019. Some of the economy plus prices are only a hundred or so additional. We always fly JetBlue home from FLL to Lax and those prices are staying the same as 2 years ago, about $175pp.

Air2Sea prices for our Detroit-Nassau flights are actually about $50 less per person than when we booked.   

Having said that, we are glad to  be sailing in August, and I am not complaining!

Edited by nancy2vues
missing word

On 6/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, nancy2vues said:

Air2Sea prices for our Detroit-Nassau flights are actually about $50 less per person than when we booked.   

Having said that, we are glad to  be sailing in August, and I am not complaining!

Call for a reprice.

10 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

Thank you so much!! Yes, I have paid, but we are more than 40 days out!  Great news.

Nancy

I guess one caveat there is I'm flying on American. I don't know if the 40 day rule applies to other airlines or not, but if you log into your account on your respective airline, it'll show whether the ticket is pending or not.

Edit: I just checked my flight and they ticketed it, so it's not 40 days as I was told (I'm at 48 days and I last checked my flight 2 days ago). But I guess my point is as long as your flight isn't yet fully ticketed, you can still get the reprice.

Edited by smokeybandit

On 6/5/2021 at 3:34 AM, HUNKY said:

Our flights for August 2021 to Nassau have more than tripled, $4,217.30 from $1,317.30!

Dang! You coming from China?! 😆

Actually, we booked our own airfare to FLL then took advantage of Air2Sea's $249 round-trip from there. We're staying in FLL the night before to make this work but saved a bundle.

Edited by sailor05

• 2 weeks later...

Priced AIr2Sea October 28th to DFW to Barcelona, Business class is $3000.00 one way.  Thats up from $1400.00 we paid in 2019.  I've been checking daily and that amount is firm.  Yikes.

2 hours ago, msb said:

Priced AIr2Sea October 28th to DFW to Barcelona, Business class is $3000.00 one way.  Thats up from $1400.00 we paid in 2019.  I've been checking daily and that amount is firm.  Yikes.

Yikes, indeed.  I really hope they go back down soon.  Our overseas cruise is in September 2022 so I can't really start pricing fares yet. My fingers are crossed.

I booked our flight just in the nick of time. $1400 pp for our flight to Sydney and then home from Singapore seemed like a lot, but now being $2900, I’d cancel the cruise before paying that much.