Final payment for October cruise due soon …

Josie201

Curious if anyone has any thoughts or experiences in this.  With the Canadian border still closed and quarantine requirements it’s hard to get too excited about our cruise in October.  Has anyone been able to have final payments deferred or postponed ?  

With the increasing acceleration in vaccine availability in Canada, I'd be very surprised if the current quarantine requirements will still be in place come October, especially for those who are fully vaccinated. 

19 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

With the increasing acceleration in vaccine availability in Canada, I'd be very surprised if the current quarantine requirements will still be in place come October, especially for those who are fully vaccinated. 

Hoping so.  We have second shots booked for early July.  I’m sure the cruise will go but not interested in hotel stay in Toronto on our return.  Yes I know there are ways around that too but … a hassle with a group of six.  

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

Hoping so.  We have second shots booked for early July.  I’m sure the cruise will go but not interested in hotel stay in Toronto on our return.  Yes I know there are ways around that too but … a hassle with a group of six.  

We also are watching and waiting to see what is happening. Our 2nd dose is in mid-June. We have a cruise in Oct to Europe. Final payment is due in July so we still have time. Holland America and EU is are requiring all passengers to be 2 dose vaccinated at least 2 weeks before. 

Hopefully the numbers of vaccination continue to go up to 80% and the borders open up. At  least we surpassed US on first dose. 

We are in the same boat so to speak.  Not interested in booking a cruise just yet but are sorely tempted by some very attractive international air fares for late Sept/Oct travel.     

We suspect that the  re- entry rules to Canada my be relaxed for those with proof of vaccination by Sept/Oct.

Since retiring we are very much accustomed to last minute, spontaneous travel.  We have decided to wait until early Sept to book mid Sept. airfare to Europe even if the fares do increase in the interim.

I had a bike and barge trip that we moved from May 2020 to the end of September 2021. A week or so ago, I booked the air, with Air Canada. There are no change fees for rescheduling (including changing the destination), and, since I already have another trip planned for July 2022, decided to go ahead and book the air. (As an Aeroplan member, it also comes with complimentary Covid coverage, which is a help since Covid is excluded from my regular out-of-province coverage until they change the warning from "avoid all unnecessary travel". It does also exclude coverage when on a cruise, but a barge trip where we are mostly off the barge cycling or moored on the barge at night doesn't take you very far from land at any time so I decided to go ahead.

I will be returning in the second week of October, and,  barring any drastic changes in Covid, I fully expect that I will not have to quarantine on my return. (I am fully vaccinated.)

We are not holding our breath that the hotel quarantine requirements will be relaxed any time soon.  Returning to Canada in 2 weeks for our annual home visit, it is cheaper for us to fly into Buffalo, stay a night, getting a car service to take us home in the morning than it is to fly into Toronto and stay at a Trudeau motel.  Although we have had our 2 shots, we still need an antigen test to enter the US, then a PCR performed in the US to enter Canada and again a test at the land border.  

Looking very much forward to going on our cruise in September from Bahamas.

21 hours ago, Magicat said:

We are not holding our breath that the hotel quarantine requirements will be relaxed any time soon.  Returning to Canada in 2 weeks for our annual home visit, it is cheaper for us to fly into Buffalo, stay a night, getting a car service to take us home in the morning than it is to fly into Toronto and stay at a Trudeau motel.  Although we have had our 2 shots, we still need an antigen test to enter the US, then a PCR performed in the US to enter Canada and again a test at the land border.  

Looking very much forward to going on our cruise in September from Bahamas.

Please, could we keep the politics off this board?