Where would you go?

lubedobedo

I would like to book a cruise for next August (2022) on Carnival Vista. Me and husband but he can't walk very far without tiring/hurting. May be pushing him in wheelchair just so  we can go, no problem. Which ports would you pick...Belize, Mahogany bay, Cozumel or Jamaica, Cayman Island, Cozumel. Been to both Cozumel and Cayman Islands before. Swam with dolphins and stingrays already. Just maybe walk/push around, shopping, beach? TIA

Cayman and Belize are tender ports.

We use a transport chair. It will fit into your cabin a lot easier and take less space. They are easy to push.

Roatan is a beach day so not much good from carnival. Rcl arrives downtown and easier to get to transportation. You would have to hire someone to get your husband out of the port at roatan on carnival and up the hill to get to a taxi.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cayman and Belize are tender ports.

We use a transport chair. It will fit into your cabin a lot easier and take less space. They are easy to push.

Roatan is a beach day so not much good from carnival. Rcl arrives downtown and easier to get to transportation. You would have to hire someone to get your husband out of the port at roatan on carnival and up the hill to get to a taxi.

Taxis are available at the port. You don't have to go "up the hill" to get a taxi.

Roatan CCL docks @ Mahogany Bay and it is indeed uphill to get a cab there, which is what firefly posted.

Roatan Coxens Hole port where NCL, RCCL and others dock has cabs just outside the small port area.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Taxis are available at the port. You don't have to go "up the hill" to get a taxi.

Yes they are available at the port, BUT you have to walk up a fairly steep hill and thru the little shopping area to get to the taxi area.

The best advice I can give you is to rent a mobility scooter for DH to use.

11 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

The best advice I can give you is to rent a mobility scooter for DH to use.

Or depending upon how much traveling you'll be doing over the next few years, buying a mobility scooter could also be the solution.   

Renting one will run close to 200.00.  You can buy one that was specifically designed for cruising such as the Golden Technologies Buzzaround Carry On for 2000.00.  There is also no charge on the airlines as well if you'll be flying.

16 hours ago, lubedobedo said:

I would like to book a cruise for next August (2022) on Carnival Vista. Me and husband but he can't walk very far without tiring/hurting. May be pushing him in wheelchair just so  we can go, no problem. 

Just a suggestion, but have you though about renting a electric chair just for the cruise? It may make it easier on you and more independent for him. As far as ports I would choose Grand Cayman, but likes others have said, it is a tender port.