If you don't like Personalizer info moving to the App...

Rick&Jeannie

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

And if you have a Medallion already and are checked in already, do you get in any line at all? Surely you should be able to go past a check point, wave your Medallion and move along. No?

No.  There is a separate lane - at least at large enough terminals Princess normally uses - or area if already have Medallion.  They do a passport check to make sure the physical document resembles what was uploaded.  And then off you go.  It's pretty easy-peasy.  Our last cruise was out of PE Terminal 2 (Princess main terminal in FL).  I had Medallions shipped to our hotel so we had them in hand.  Once through the security scan, we were upstairs in the lounge in about five minutes, including walking.

37 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Here's a link to Microsoft's official setup page

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/your-phone-app-requirements-and-set-up-cd2a1ee7-75a7-66a6-9d4e-bf22e735f9e3

and the complete list of supported devices (pretty much only recent Samsung devices). Note the requirement to use the Apps feature

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/supported-devices-for-your-phone-app-experiences-cb044172-87aa-9e41-d446-c4ac83ce8807

and the full how to page for the Apps feature

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-apps-from-your-android-device-on-your-pc-07d3d029-236e-e71f-3561-d40d7491d435

Hope this helps...

Thank you! And it answers the question: my older Samsung Galaxy is not listed among the supported devices for apps. ☹️

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm sailing in Sept, just 3 months away. I will report back how it went for me without using an app. I am sailing out of San Pedro which I've done many times without so much as a boarding pass...........

Thanks. Many of us here would like to hear ALL your experiences on the check in and on the cruise!

However, I will likely do as much "checking in" using either the Medallion app on princess.com as possible in the hopes that will make the process a bit easier for everyone.

Doug

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Absolutely nothing to be sorry about, the Windows "Your Phone" app you mention does have the same functionality as the Samsung app provided all the requisite phone and PC conditions are met. I've tested both ways quite successfully and either works.  Here's what the MedallionClass app looks like on a Win 10 PC screen, with mouse and keyboard fully functional. Access to the phone's Apps is along the LH side, near Messages, Notifications, Photos and Calls. Although I'm loath to use the Windoze app (being a Linux guy) and not wanting to deal with a Microsoft account, I've played around with it some more and I actually find it a bit better than the Samsung Dex app, as it seems to render the screen a bit better and isn't quite as cluttered. That being said, the Sammy Dex app is supposedly also available for Mac, which we can assume isn't the case for this Microsoft app.

image.thumb.png.7f9c7630586d37533cf23f0e87864940.png

I would like to try that. On my Win10 screen I see the short menu on the left in your photo above. Unfortunately I do not have an "Apps" menu item on my PC's screen.

How did you configure you phone and PC to do that? I went to "Settings" on the PC app, and it doesn't say much other than to make sure my phone is turned on and not locked. I had already paired my phone to the PC, and I get emails and text messages. I have not needed my PC to actually make or receive phone calls, so I don't know if that would work.  I can find no mention of anywhere about phone apps or mirroring, etc.

Edited by PaperSniper4

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

Interesting. As I mentioned above, I did not have the "Apps" option but did have the other four options..........

ETA: When I look at "Settings", "Features" for my Samsung on the Your Phone app, the only features are Notifications, Messages, Photos and Calls. Perhaps my older model Samsung doesn't support apps on Your Phone?

I have the same menu you do. My AT&T Samsung Galaxy A11 phone is about 9 months old with Android 10 OS.

Edited by PaperSniper4

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I have the same menu you do. My AT&T Samsung Galaxy A11 phone is about 9 months old with Android 10 OS.

Looking at Microsoft's list of Samsung devices which support the "Apps" option on Your Phone, the A11 is not listed. ☹️

14 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I don't remember when the transition from packets mailed to you to print at home was, but according to Pew Research from April of 2021, only 62% of people over 65 have Smartphones. I have to believe that is a lower percent than those who had computers at the last transition.

When the mailed documents were eliminated, many TAs were willing to print out the boarding passes for their customers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joepeka said:

Looking at Microsoft's list of Samsung devices which support the "Apps" option on Your Phone, the A11 is not listed. ☹️

Well, that solves the mystery!

Oh dang, I only read that list down to where is mentioned which version of Android was supported. My A11 meets that criteria so I figured my phone would work. It does for the messages, but apparently not for anything else.

Doug

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scottca075 said:

PS here are some Princess emails.

Collin Steinke, Director, Customer Relations csteinke@princesscruises.com

Lorna Warren, VP Guest Services lwarren@princess.com

Jan Swartz, President jswartz@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi, Senior VP Product Development msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Scott has supplied some GREAT email references!  Thanks Scott!

😛 HeHe ... Somehow this thread really went sideways! (Windows & phones)  We need more people to send site feedback and/or emails.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Scott has supplied some GREAT email references!  Thanks Scott!

😛 HeHe ... Somehow this thread really went sideways! (Windows & phones)  We need more people to send site feedback and/or emails.

Having worked in a corporate environment for a very longtime, it is amazing how "silo-ed" people can become. All they hear is internal feedback and they think they are doing great and on a great track until the wheels fall off. There is no better example of that than the introduction of "New Coke".