Can’t wait

flczr

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

We would definitely use binoculars.  My husband usually brings his so that he can use them while we sit on our balcony.  A foldable cooler is nice.  We bring lanyards on every cruise. If we get new ones, we will wear them.  We also bring yeti type cups on every cruise to use for cold drinks and coffee.  If the cup was that type, we would use it.

Our kid-less cruise in November is going to be in a balcony for the first time so THANK YOU for mentioning binoculars on the balcony.  😁  I'm adding that to my non-obvious packing list now!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Speaking of bacon hoarders…

A couple years ago a guy and his wife sit down at the table next to me. He gets up and heads to the buffet and returns with a platter of bacon. I’m not talking about a few slices. I’m talking a mound of bacon. He takes 2 of those blue cloth napkins, lays them out flat on top of each other and wraps the bacon in the napkins. Then he hands it too his wife who put it in her purse. ?!? 😧

Bacon at least I could see snacking on back in the room or something, lol!  Watched someone do it with a lobster tail one night too.... after eating 7 at the table.

Don't miss the days of being "placed" at a table with 8 other strangers.  YTD was best change ever, even if my table for two is literally 4 inches from the table next to me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

A couple years ago a guy and his wife sit down at the table next to me. He gets up and heads to the buffet and returns with a platter of bacon. I’m not talking about a few slices. I’m talking a mound of bacon. He takes 2 of those blue cloth napkins, lays them out flat on top of each other and wraps the bacon in the napkins. Then he hands it too his wife who put it in her purse. ?!? 😧

LOL, not bacon, but we always grab a late night snack or dessert to stash in the Cabin fridge. Hard to find good desserts after 11pm. 

14 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

We would definitely use binoculars.  My husband usually brings his so that he can use them while we sit on our balcony.  

I always bring my binoculars. Watching the islands and ships we pass is a big pastime of mine. 

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

No laundry room on Mardi Gras!

This will be a major suck point on my cruise. I will have pack more, wear less or shell out. We always have to wash mid cruise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

LOL, not bacon, but we always grab a late night snack or dessert to stash in the Cabin fridge. Hard to find good desserts after 11pm. 

I always bring my binoculars. Watching the islands and ships we pass is a big pastime of mine. 

This will be a major suck point on my cruise. I will have pack more, wear less or shell out. We always have to wash mid cruise. 

Same here! So much so, that I carry my travel binoculars in my cargo pockets on my shorts, every day, everywhere I went on the ship or on shore excursions. So much to see! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I agree. I found the option to pack half the clothes to be one of the perks I much prefer about Carnival over RC. I suppose I’ll have to be happy with the ironing rooms and I will pack a lot of thin t shirts to make good use of packing space.

6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I agree. I found the option to pack half the clothes to be one of the perks I much prefer about Carnival over RC. I suppose I’ll have to be happy with the ironing rooms and I will pack a lot of thin t shirts to make good use of packing space.

I may have to start double wearing shirts and slacks on long cruises. I usually wear a shorts and tropical shirt until before dinner and then change into slacks and shirt and jacket for the evening. On a seven day cruise that is fourteen undershirts alone.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, depends on what "beer" you drink.

If those guys were drinking Natty Light, well, that sounds like a personal problem.  Go grab some of the higher-octane beers they have, like Angel City Brewery IPA at 6.1% or Parched Pig West Coast IPA at 6.2% ABV, and 15 should be enough. (I will admit many of the beers I drink have ABVs in the 7 and 8% range, typically.)

Boo, IPA. I'd rather chew grass! LOL

Give me a good Scotch Ale, Porter or Stout.

2 hours ago, robc1972 said:

1. You can bring as much booze on as you can get away with (FYI nips bought in port do not set off metal detectors on way back on)

2, You can wear shorts in main dining room any night you want.

I've bought some airplane sized bottles in port they never told me to check. They didnt care, though I bought 5 of something to give away when i got home. I've read before they dont care about these little airplane sized. They saw mine, didnt say a word.