Elation swapped out for Magic

cmukid87

I almost pulled the trigger yesterday morning on a sailing on Elation out of Port Canaveral.  Then yesterday evening Carnival releases a statement about Magic coming to Canaveral to replace Elation and take those itineraries.  I'm pretty excited about that.....BUT....how soon should I expect to see those as a booking option?  I've been refreshing the website like a true addict and nothing shows for Magic in August!

Just now, cmukid87 said:

I almost pulled the trigger yesterday morning on a sailing on Elation out of Port Canaveral.  Then yesterday evening Carnival releases a statement about Magic coming to Canaveral to replace Elation and take those itineraries.  I'm pretty excited about that.....BUT....how soon should I expect to see those as a booking option?  I've been refreshing the website like a true addict and nothing shows for Magic in August!

It will take Carnival a while to map the existing Elation cabin bookings to the Magic - I would expect it will take them the weekend, at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It will take Carnival a while to map the existing Elation cabin bookings to the Magic - I would expect it will take them the weekend, at least.

That's what I was kind of figuring.  Everyone booked on Elation would have first claim on rooms when their bookings were switched.  I'm trying to be ready so when rooms are available we get one of our favorites is all.  Can't wait to sail!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Is this a permanent move? We just booked Elation for January.

Magic will be permanently homeported at Port Canaveral. That was already planned, it's just happening a few months earlier. Elation will likely be back in service after 10/07.

We were on the Aug 7th sailing on the Elation, received the letter, stating that they will replace the

Elation with the Magic, and also took our Grand Turk port out and replaced it with Bimini. We have

not received the new cabin on the Magic yet, and my booking has disappeared, guess they are

working on it. 

3 minutes ago, young at heart said:

We were booked on the elation for oct 2 nd,  the email I received form carnival said we would get our new room assignment on the 17th. Hope this helps. They also said the computers for those cruises would be down also 

Ok, thanx

5 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

We are booked on this cruise.  We were told the June 17th is when we will know what our new cabin would be.  I suspect that's when you may see it posted.

5 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Magic will be permanently homeported at Port Canaveral. That was already planned, it's just happening a few months earlier. Elation will likely be back in service after 10/07.

Wouldn't say permanent... eventually it will be deployed elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Pete Cruise said:

They are booking Magic out of Port Canaveral for a very long time so Magic will stay.

Based on historical data, it’s unlikely to stay in Port Canaveral until it’s beaches so therefore the probability of it being permanent is very low.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, hurricane0226 said:

We were on the Aug 7th sailing on the Elation, received the letter, stating that they will replace the

Elation with the Magic, and also took our Grand Turk port out and replaced it with Bimini. We have

not received the new cabin on the Magic yet, and my booking has disappeared, guess they are

working on it. 

What were the other ports of call?  

As stated above, they are supposed to have the new room assignments by June 17. 

If you have a wheelchair accessible room they are calling you sooner to talk about your exact needs. We got our call this morning. She just asked questions for now and said she would call us before 5:30 tonight with our new rooms. We need another, non accessible, room for my mother that we want close to us.

They are working on everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kse709 said:

Based on my booking for April 2023 the Magic will be at Port Canaveral.

Yes, we're booked on Magic for Dec 2022.

The point being made is long term =/= permanent.  Cruise ships never (AFAIK) stay permanently out of a single port their whole lifetime - Magic will eventually get moved somewhere else, probably multiple times, and then eventually she will be sold off.  The Dancing of the Ships.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:34 PM, BossyKat said:

Elation is in dry dock.  The Magic is just filling in till then,

then she will resume her itinerary.

If Elation is in dry dock, that means she should be getting the new livery.

Should emerge with a much-improved 'look'!

Looking forward to seeing pics.

So far, it's just Mardi Gras and Magic displaying the new look -
although there may be another one? ..or two? Anyone know?

MAGIC lookin good!.jpg

Mardi_Gras in sunlight!.jpg

7 minutes ago, mondello said:

Isn't Glory in dry dock?

You're right. Glory is in dry dock.

And so she should get the new look. Longing to see!

I reckon this new livery should smarten up the entire Carnival fleet.

2 hours ago, kse709 said:

Based on my booking for April 2023 the Magic will be at Port Canaveral.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yes, we're booked on Magic for Dec 2022.

The point being made is long term =/= permanent.  Cruise ships never (AFAIK) stay permanently out of a single port their whole lifetime - Magic will eventually get moved somewhere else, probably multiple times, and then eventually she will be sold off.  The Dancing of the Ships.

4 minutes ago, Eskylady said:

Hmm. Well, I have a September 10, 2022 booking on the Magic out of New York. So...I guess things are going to continue to change on an ongoing basis. Such fun. 🙂

Lol. Can ya all uber it between ports? Where will elation go?