The New Moon - Adventures in Greece - June 18th through July 8th

spinnaker2

AMORGOS.

We can hear roosters and seagulls and the slapping of the gentle waves on the hull of the Moon.

From the ship it appears to be a small village with houses clinging to the surrounding hills.

There are some clouds which lend light definition to the terraced gardens.

A tender port.

810173172_20210703_074007_HDR2.thumb.jpg.c6fb823bbad1d41abdc2d33fd9e34e3c.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

During the day, i wear a hat when I am seated outside at La Terrazza to keep the sun out of my eyes and to keep my long hair from blowing all over my face.  My husband who is balding wears a hat to protect his head from the sun.  We remove our hats when we go inside to the buffet.  If we eat dinner outside at La Terrazza, I wear a head band and neither one of us wears a hat.

Agree.  Should have noted my observation was made inside the restaurant during dinner.  It looked like some type of baseball cap.

Edited by pdaniel
Clarifying

19 hours ago, boccenana said:

Hats in La Terrazo were observed and pointed out to management.  Was told there is nothing they can do to enforce dress code.

Too bad…

Management has no problem enforcing dress code in the main dining room.  I've seen many gentlemen requested to return with a jacket. 

11 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

So quietly we slip away from Amorgos.

20210703_214156.thumb.jpg.ec2eee058b7553dd5f6786e7a8be6b07.jpg

We loved Amorgos. The excursion to the monetary was spectacular and we spent the afternoon on one the nearby beaches.  Simply beautiful. 

we had dinner at Arlantide tonight. The food was good, but why have they chosen a decoration of the restaurant that looks like it was done 40 years ago??!

Hats in La Terrazo were observed and pointed out to management.  Was told there is nothing they can do to enforce dress code.

Too bad…

I went to Catholic school in the 60’s. I still remember the nuns always saying, take your hat off indoors. To this day, I wouldn’t even think of wearing a hat indoors . 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Hats in La Terrazo were observed and pointed out to management.  Was told there is nothing they can do to enforce dress code.

Too bad…

I went to Catholic school in the 60’s. I still remember the nuns always saying, take your hat off indoors. To this day, I wouldn’t even think of wearing a hat indoors . 

well of course

3 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Too bad…

Do you knuckles still hurt? Mine still do!! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ross4356 said:

Seabourn Ovation in Greece has No Masks on their first Greek sailing out of Athens. Just wondering if Apex Mask policy has changed?

Hi, You probably need to ask this question on the Celebrity forum since Apex is a X ship.

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We are still wearing masks when walking about the ship.

Not at the pool or restaurants or bars.

What about outdoor areas other than the pool?

Is there any social distancing in the restaurants, bars, gym, show & other lounges?

I can let you know in 4/5 days how the next cruise is being handled.  But......everyone on board SS is vaccinated so all should be good.🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I can let you know in 4/5 days how the next cruise is being handled.  But......everyone on board SS is vaccinated so all should be good.🙂

Thanks.  Seabourn Ovation is currently sailing with 100% vaccination in the Greek Islands as well, and mask is apparently not required anywhere on board.  Therefore, Silversea is more prudent and has more strict protocols, which, on one hand, seems unnecessary on a ship with 100% vaccination.  However, with the Delta variant, I don't mind being more careful and wearing a mask indoors.

• Like 1

There are those aboard who do not adhere to ANY of the rules.

For whatever reason they believe they do not have to comply.

They don't wear masks.

They wear hats when they should not.

They wear shorts when they should not.

They wear blue jeans when they should not.

They seat themselves in La Terrazza.

Even if they are asked to take off the hat or wear the masks or dress appropriately.

They don't.

I could go on and on.

But I will not.

I am stating the obvious.

A lot of this is not new. 

It has been addressed over and over

What is new is a pandemic.

I leave it there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2