Adventure of the Seas Questions/Tips & Tricks

Looks like were back everyone!! I just have a few questions about the sailing on the AOTS for those onboard. Any feedback or answers are greatly appreciated. 👍🚢

1. During check-in in Nassau, were suites allowed to board outside of the boarding time, and what time were the staterooms ready? (I have seen videos online that they were allowed to board at 11am even though they had a 2 pm check in time and the rooms were ready)

2. At Cococay, what happens with the ship at night and/or where does it go? (I hope the answer is that it goes and hangs with her sisters offshore, that would be very interesting to see)

3. Do Junior Suite guests have access to suite areas:benefits ? (breakfast at specialty, lounge access, amenities upgrades, etc.)

Any other recommendations or tips and tricks you would also like to share here would be appreciated by many as well!!

Happy Sailings!!

3. Do Junior Suite guests have access to suite areas:benefits ? (breakfast at specialty, lounge access, amenities upgrades, etc.)

Only oasis class has CK. When I've done JS I was told you dont have lounge access. JS isnt supposed to get perks. Idk but on this class of ship, during covid, when they are doing social distancing, my guess is no. Same as usual, which is js doesnt get perks.

I have read space available on oasis class you can eat in ck, but that's all. 

Maybe when adventure gets back and some have actual experience with smaller capacity there will be perks idk. 

Edited by firefly333

It’s been reported by vloggers onboard that suite and pinnacle could start checkin at 11am, regardless of check in appt time.  

It seems everyone vlogging, that I watched, commented that cabins were immediately available on boarding .  Makes sense, as no one was in them from a previous cruise.  I would expect, given passengers disembarking that morning, and more stringent sanitation protocols, that future sailings will not have the luxury of an immediately available cabin.  

Jr Suites do not generally get the full range of perks — they get some level of priority boarding, bathroom amenities and robes as well as a bigger cabin.  They do not get lounge access, specialty breakfast/lunch, etc.  I don’t imagine post Covid sailings will change this policy otherwise they would be advertising it.

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SailorMan98 said:

Looks like were back everyone!! I just have a few questions about the sailing on the AOTS for those onboard. Any feedback or answers are greatly appreciated. 👍🚢

1. During check-in in Nassau, were suites allowed to board outside of the boarding time, and what time were the staterooms ready? (I have seen videos online that they were allowed to board at 11am even though they had a 2 pm check in time and the rooms were ready)

Since there were not prior guests getting off the ship, it isn't a surprise that rooms were ready immediately.  The next sailing and those following will likely be more indicative of what you can expect for when rooms will be ready.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stowite said:

Since there were not prior guests getting off the ship, it isn't a surprise that rooms were ready immediately.  The next sailing and those following will likely be more indicative of what you can expect for when rooms will be ready.

But they only need to turn over 1/3 the rooms as compared to the typical flip, so rooms may well be ready at boarding.

Is there an appropriate place to kill time at the British Colonial or thereabouts if you have a later check in time? It looks like a lot of places are closed near the port and most hotels would expect you to check-out by 11am. Also, would junior suites be permitted earlier check-in time?

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

But they only need to turn over 1/3 the rooms as compared to the typical flip, so rooms may well be ready at boarding.

I wonder if maybe they will alternate cabins on each cruise. Whatever ones are occupied this cruise won't be on the next. This may give them extra time to do the fogging of the cabins?

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

3. Do Junior Suite guests have access to suite areas:benefits ? (breakfast at specialty, lounge access, amenities upgrades, etc.)

Only oasis class has CK. When I've done JS I was told you dont have lounge access. JS isnt supposed to get perks. Idk but on this class of ship, during covid, when they are doing social distancing, my guess is no. Same as usual, which is js doesnt get perks.

I have read space available on oasis class you can eat in ck, but that's all. 

Maybe when adventure gets back and some have actual experience with smaller capacity there will be perks idk. 

Quantum class also has CK.

Thank you for starting this thread!  Our morning flight back to Philly got cancelled.  We are now on a late afternoon flight.  Wondering if any hotels are offering day passes or where we can kill some time (with luggage) before our flight home.  Thanks!

Since we are flying in the day of the cruise I was just wondering how it works bringing wine on the ship. Do I pack that in my checked luggage and send it through to the ship or do I take it out of my checked luggage once we land and put it in my carry on?  Can you buy it in the Nassau Airport? Thank you!

19 minutes ago, spammie said:

Since we are flying in the day of the cruise I was just wondering how it works bringing wine on the ship. Do I pack that in my checked luggage and send it through to the ship or do I take it out of my checked luggage once we land and put it in my carry on?  Can you buy it in the Nassau Airport? Thank you!

You have to carry your wine onto the ship. I don’t know about at the airport, but vloggers Griff and Alyssa said there is a nice store very close to the British Colonial to buy wine, I would imagine it would be lest costly than the airport. 

35 minutes ago, spammie said:

Thank you for starting this thread!  Our morning flight back to Philly got cancelled.  We are now on a late afternoon flight.  Wondering if any hotels are offering day passes or where we can kill some time (with luggage) before our flight home.  Thanks!

British Colonial has done day passes in the past. I don’t know if they still do post Covid, but might be something to contact Then about. 

Edited by WxNerd
Fix autocorrect.