First day of Cruise.

Rush to the room as soon as it is available to try on the life vest.
Turn on the TV and binge watch the safety information channel over and over.
Study the evacuation map on the door to memorize the way to the muster station.

Call down to guest services every 15 mins asking how much longer until we get to go to the drill.

Jump in the shower with the life vest to activate the emergency light beacon on it, while singing “My heart will go on”

Pop my head out the door and startle people in the hall with a loud impression of the evacuation signal. “Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah“

Yeah, okay. I have nothing to do today 🙂

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

If we have FTTF, we take our carry-on bags to our cabin and unpack.
We then head up to get some lunch before the crowds.  My husband always gets a Guy's burger.  I will get something from the buffet.

Then we explore the ship, even if we have cruised on it before. We are so excited to explore the Mardi Gras.

Then muster.  After muster we will get something to drink and snag some good seats to watch the sail away party.

• Like 1

First, Guy's Burger and fries because we starve ourselves pre-cruise. But the big thing I personally look forward to on day one is having a Flat Iron Steak in the MDR that evening. I know it's a lesser cut of meat, but every Carnival ship I've been on does it great and I really look forward to it.

Least favorite day one: Muster drill, because of all the self important people that are to cool to just show up so all the rest of us can stand around waiting for them...

• Like 1

Enjoy the feeling as we crest the long ramp to board the ship, it's really happening!!!!!

Take the carryon bags to the cabin, usually get the first adult beverages at the aft lido bar or the Red Frog Pub if they have one and take some photos.

Explore the ship while we wait for the muster drill while having more adult beverages.

If the bags arrive early we usually unpack, if not we enjoy the sail away. The cruise has begun!!!

34 minutes ago, wms99 said:

Least favorite day one: Muster drill, because of all the self important people that are to cool to just show up so all the rest of us can stand around waiting for them...

I haven't seen anything definitive, but it looks like Carnival now has e-Muster as well. Do the videos on your time, report to your Muster station to be signed off that you completed it. I hope this is the case because it makes things a whole lot easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crooooze said:

Rush to the room as soon as it is available to try on the life vest.
Turn on the TV and binge watch the safety information channel over and over.
Study the evacuation map on the door to memorize the way to the muster station.

Call down to guest services every 15 mins asking how much longer until we get to go to the drill.

Jump in the shower with the life vest to activate the emergency light beacon on it, while singing “My heart will go on”

Pop my head out the door and startle people in the hall with a loud impression of the evacuation signal. “Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah“

Yeah, okay. I have nothing to do today 🙂

So you are practicing the new virtual muster drill.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grab a drink at the nearest outlet- followed by whatever's got a short line for food, lol. Then hangout- maybe unpack a bit, if it's a new ship try and get the lay of the place. Then it's usually up in the air- maybe sail away party, maybe lobby bar, maybe early dinner, maybe watch the sun set- maybe watch the sun rise. 😄 

1 minute ago, Jasonsterling said:

Grab a drink at the nearest outlet- followed by whatever's got a short line for food, lol. Then hangout- maybe unpack a bit, if it's a new ship try and get the lay of the place. Then it's usually up in the air- maybe sail away party, maybe lobby bar, maybe early dinner, maybe watch the sun set- maybe watch the sun rise. 😄 

That's the fun thing about cruising, you can do whatever you want with no problem.

• Like 1

Due to our own travel situation, and also because it seems that the staff will take extra time to prepare rooms, we will probably get one of the last check in times.  Hopefully our room will be ready by the time we are on board and we can drop down our stuff and, well, I am not going to think about what is next until it actually happens.  But I do plan to read the Fun Times to see what is going on.