Amex card: Spend $500 or more on NCL.com, get $125 back (targeted)

fstuff1

10 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I used my AMEX to purchase a $500 gift card which I will use at a later time.  Be careful, and make sure you purchase the card directly from NCL as purchasing it from a third party vendor won't get the benefit.  

So did buying gift card worked? What did the charge appeared as on your credit card? 

13 hours ago, Sayuil said:

So did buying gift card worked? What did the charge appeared as on your credit card? 

My card was offered 12,500 reward points instead of cash.  My bill hasn't arrived yet.  When it comes, I'll check on it and get back to you.

14 hours ago, Sayuil said:

I just checked with AMEX, apparently the terms and conditions excludes the purchase of gift cards, on board spending, transportation and other things.  The $500 needs to be directly applied against a booking.  😢

I still have until August 3 to put another $500 down against my booking and then I'll get the bonus points.

Edited by Daniel A

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked with AMEX, apparently the terms and conditions excludes the purchase of gift cards, on board spending, transportation and other things.  The $500 needs to be directly applied against a booking.  😢

I still have until August 3 to put another $500 down against my booking and then I'll get the bonus points.

Here's the fine print I didn't see:  Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geckobabe said:

I paid $500 on my cruise yesterday with my AmEx card, I was awarded the 12,500 points which according to my Amazon account is worth $84. I'll take it!

that doesnt sound right.

12500 points should be worth $125.

What amex do you have?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

that doesnt sound right.

12500 points should be worth $125.

What amex do you have?

I have AmEx Blue. I just checked and that's all it's worth for shopping with Amazon and other online shopping. If I use it to buy gift cards through AmEx, it is worth more for some, but not all gift cards.  Think I'm going to check out gift cards. 

Edited by geckobabe

If I were you, I'd convert it to a statement credit with your Amex itself - you don't get as many points when you do the points to pay with Amazon. It's not 1:1 with Amazon. Learned this the hard way!

3 hours ago, geckobabe said:

I have AmEx Blue. I just checked and that's all it's worth for shopping with Amazon and other online shopping. If I use it to buy gift cards through AmEx, it is worth more for some, but not all gift cards.  Think I'm going to check out gift cards. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:44 AM, Daniel A said:

Glad I read this.  I was about to purchase OBC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

That is my offer as well.  I guess the points are worth $125, theoretically.

Hopefully, but at any rate 12,500 points on top of the 500 points for the original is better than a poke in the eye with a stick!  I was going to have to pay the $500 anyway.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:44 AM, Daniel A said:

Hi Daniel, just make sure you make the payment before the Amex offer expires.  I already used my 2 offers and dont remember when the offer expired, but you should check the offers just to make sure you dont miss it.  

6 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Hi Daniel, just make sure you make the payment before the Amex offer expires.  I already used my 2 offers and dont remember when the offer expired, but you should check the offers just to make sure you dont miss it.  

Thanks for the advice.  I put the additional $500 down on my booking last week.  I immediately got an e-mail from AMEX congratulating me for taking advantage of the offer.  I'll need to wait for my next bill to see if it shows up there.  There is still 4 more days to take advantage of the offer.

On 7/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, Daniel A said:

They must have changed the T&C.  Several years ago I used the Amex offer for World's Leading Cruise on a Princess cruise that was already paid for.  I purchased $500 each for my husband and myself of OBC.  I used about $50 worth and after the cruise Princess sent me back a check for $950.  We still got the $100 each statement credit from Amex.  This is probably why they changed it.