Amex card: Spend $500 or more on NCL.com, get $125 back (targeted)

fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Amex card: Spend $500 or more on NCL.com, get $125 back (targeted)

We did this and it worked like a charm. You go to the offers page and select the NCL offer from the list to add it to your account. Then you use your Amex to pay the $500 (or more if you choose to). In a few days the $125 statement credit will show up on your account. Pretty cool!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got this on both of our cards linked to the same account - $1000 credit for $750 mixed with a Cruise First $1300 for $900! Can't beat that!

We have one other AmEx and are hoping to get it on that one as well!

Edited by zerooveride

• 2 weeks later...

We got it as well. @zerooveride good to know you got it on both cards linked to your account. We were wondering if that would work and plan to try it when we pay for our second cruise. To anyone wanting to try this, don't forget you need to go to your offers and click on the one for NCL before you pay or the credit won't be applied to your account. Ours was applied within a few days.

Edited by SSFun

30 minutes ago, SSFun said:

We got it as well. @zerooveride good to know you got it on both cards linked to your account. We were wondering if that would work and plan to try it when we pay for our second cruise. To anyone wanting to try this, don't forget you need to go to your offers and click on the one for NCL before you pay or the credit won't be applied to your account. Ours was applied within a few days.

I can confirm, well at least for me, that I was successfully able to use 2 cards that are linked to the same account to get the $125 credit twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graciethecruiser said:

if you make a payment to an existing reservation can you get the Amex credit?

Yes. The payment doesn't have to be at the time you book. We used our card to pay the final amount for our cruise (after all FCC was applied) and then used it to prepay our gratuities as well. A few days after we had charged the $500ish on NCL, we received a credit for $125 on our account. I know it's been mentioned before, but just in case, be sure you add the offer to your card before you pay NCL.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

For some reason the offer I have is spend $500 and get 12,500 rewards points - no cash refund mentioned.

I think that each point is worth 1 cent when you redeem them. I believe you can use them to pay down your balance. So, your 12,500 points would be worth $125. I may be wrong, but I think that's the way it works. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 7:07 AM, zerooveride said:

I can confirm, well at least for me, that I was successfully able to use 2 cards that are linked to the same account to get the $125 credit twice.

Just be mindful of a recent change at Amex- the credit is limited to one per person.  So if you have account with two people on it, and they are both offered the deal, there should be no problem getting it twice.

In the good old days, it was a much looser limit of one credit per card.  You can imagine the possibilities.  A married couple could get the offer twice per account.  A family could get the offer multiple times per account.  In those days, I would prepay everything so as to be able to apply more credits       😃  😃  😃

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sayuil said:

Does anyone know if this is only for reservation or can I use these to buy cruise first and get cash back? Anyone tried that?

It should work for that I would think. Because the charge will still come from Norwegian directly. 

12 hours ago, Sayuil said:

Does anyone know if this is only for reservation or can I use these to buy cruise first and get cash back? Anyone tried that?

I used my AMEX to purchase a $500 gift card which I will use at a later time.  Be careful, and make sure you purchase the card directly from NCL as purchasing it from a third party vendor won't get the benefit.