USB charging - Silhouette?

laslomas

Does anyone know if USB charging ports were added on Celebrity Silhouette during the revolution upgrade? I know there are European and USA sockets, but it would be great to not need numerous adaptors to enable phone and tablet charging.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Does anyone know if USB charging ports were added on Celebrity Silhouette during the revolution upgrade? I know there are European and USA sockets, but it would be great to not need numerous adaptors to enable phone and tablet charging.

Thanks

No they weren't.

Thanks for the quick response. 👍

I hoped when I read that  "All staterooms and suites onboard the ship have been refurbished with new bedding and amenities" it would have been one of the amenities. Useful for charging phones to use the Celebrity App.

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I thought they were added to the table lamps.

I thought I had my answer, as no. Now I am not sure. I think I will take an extra adaptor.

Edited by laslomas

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

For extra charging areas, I bring a Euro to US adapter so I can use that plug. 

den

Thanks, but not much use when you are from UK.

I always bring my EU to UK adapter, and also a  US to UK adapter, but this one is not so useful as the voltage is different. I use the sockets mainly for charging, so a USB would be so good. 

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I always bring my EU to UK adapter, and also a  US to UK adapter, but this one is not so useful as the voltage is different. I use the sockets mainly for charging, so a USB would be so good. 

One like this works for me Beikell USB Plug Charger, 4-Port USB Wall Charger Power Adapter with Smart Device-Adaptive Fast Charging Technology,5V/25W for iPhone 11/11Pro/ XS/XR/X/8, Galaxy S8/Note 3, iPad Air 2/mini etc.: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

5 hours ago, laslomas said:

Sorry, didn’t check your home location! You know all us Yanks think everything revolves around us……’us’ = ‘US’, hehehe. 

den

• Haha 1

In all honesty, with the evolution from USB A to USB C and high speed charging, I'm not sure there's a lot of value for most of the cruise lines in adding USB charging ports. I know a lot of hotels put in USB A charging ports, but is seems like most phones and tablets are going USB C these days, including the latest iPads. iPhone 11 & 12 use USB C to Lightning cables and ship with 18W fast chargers. I expect iPhone 13 to be USB C.

I just take a portable USB C/A brick when traveling. Still need USB A for a couple of things, but almost everything I travel with is USB C fast charge.