Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I ordered the Medallions shipped and there is no charge in the app for me. Just to be sure I checked again just now (in case something had changed) and it shows the Medallion and Lanyard for me and for my wife with a total charge of $0.00.

Now I need to figure out how to delete the cart and attempt to re-enter, because I still see the $10 in Total, LOL...

31 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So, I just got an update regarding the packages, etc. According to the rep on live chat, the dining credits for packages and other credits such as wifi, medallion shipping, etc will not show up/apply until 90-100 days prior to sailing (I assume that means after final payment?) This definnitely wasn't the case in December - I had everything right away, but with all the changes I guess anything is possible. I'm going to just ditch the package, use my elite discount for wifi, drink the free mini bar, and just pay for dining if we can get it. I'm willing to forego the desserts, juice, and fitness classes and can take my own pictures. 

As you know, you can always decide to order up the Plus or Premier package on board Day 1.

6 minutes ago, trin880 said:

Now I need to figure out how to delete the cart and attempt to re-enter, because I still see the $10 in Total, LOL...

Not sure why it worked properly for me and not for many others. For some reason I don't really have much in the way of problems with the app.

37 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

As you know, you can always decide to order up the Plus or Premier package on board Day 1.

Yeah, but I'n leery of the exchange rate...lol. At least upfront you know what you're paying and that conversion is locked in....

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not sure why it worked properly for me and not for many others. For some reason I don't really have much in the way of problems with the app.

On the ship I have never had any problems. Pre-cruise, nothing but issues...every time. I even bought a whole new phone (don't even get me started on that) and still have problems with it.

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yeah, but I'm leery of the exchange rate...lol. At least upfront you know what you're paying and that conversion is locked in....

IDEA:  Buy $60 USD x Cruise Length around now when CAD is doing well and better than 1.35.  Take that cash with you to the ship and deposit into on board account.  Or see if you can buy OBC and pay with USD today and have that waiting for you on board.  Or, if you have access to AARP Reward cards (need a US billing address), buy some GC's and take those to the ship.

• Like 1

Can I get my dh Ocean Ready on the app with my cell phone after I have already gotten myself Ocean Ready?  He doesn't use a smart phone.  Web version says the booking # is already claimed.

This thread is way too long to see if my question is already answered!!

41 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Can I get my dh Ocean Ready on the app with my cell phone after I have already gotten myself Ocean Ready?  He doesn't use a smart phone.  Web version says the booking # is already claimed.

If you have the same booking number you can. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dickinson said:

That's what I do. My wife's phone is poop so I do it all on my phone.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Now the big question... how?  I can't seem to find a way! My screen says, Good evening, Dickinson (even when it was early afternoon!).  Says my dream vacation starts in ..... and then says OceanReady.  Says I have arrived in the Green Lane.  I don't see any place to change to a different person.  @Thrak

@capriccio

Edited by dickinson
Edit - I figured it out! He too is now in the Green Lane. Thanks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Thanks!  Now the big question... how?  I can't seem to find a way! My screen says, Good evening, Dickinson (even when it was early afternoon!).  Says my dream vacation starts in ..... and then says OceanReady.  Says I have arrived in the Green Lane.  I don't see any place to change to a different person.  @Thrak

@capriccio

You just need to add them as a Travel Companion (or whatever it is...) It "should" be fairly intuitive once you do that. For our cruises this fall I have my wife as my travel companion. For our cruise next April I have my wife, our son, his wife, and our second youngest granddaughter as travel companions so I could set up a table for 5 for dinner each night.

Edit: Just checked and it is indeed under the heading of Travel Companions on the main page of the app. Just scroll down to find it.

Edited by Thrak

49 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You just need to add them as a Travel Companion (or whatever it is...) It "should" be fairly intuitive once you do that. For our cruises this fall I have my wife as my travel companion. For our cruise next April I have my wife, our son, his wife, and our second youngest granddaughter as travel companions so I could set up a table for 5 for dinner each night.

Edit: Just checked and it is indeed under the heading of Travel Companions on the main page of the app. Just scroll down to find it.

Thanks.  I just checked that out.  What I had done was under where it says I was in the green lane it says Personal information & documents.  It was checked off for me but I clicked it anyways and I saw both me and dh so I clicked on him.  At the time I added some info for him and ultimately said he was in the green lane.  

UPDATE: Not sure if it was a fluke, the result of my conversation with the rep, the fact that I was about ready to cancel the package, or my email to the medallion folks, but this morning my package suddenly appeared on the app and allowed me to reserve the specialty dining at no charge. It really shouldn't be so difficult or hit or miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

UPDATE: Not sure if it was a fluke, the result of my conversation with the rep, the fact that I was about ready to cancel the package, or my email to the medallion folks, but this morning my package suddenly appeared on the app and allowed me to reserve the specialty dining at no charge. It really shouldn't be so difficult or hit or miss.

Agreed, and I still think they have a lot of data corruption issues related to data conversion from POLAR to Princess App database.  AFAIK, there are two different systems involved.

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Where do you see your package description in the app? I see all the details on princess website, but cannot locate it in the app. It does offer an 'upgrade' button to Plus (which is part of my package) or Premium. 

8 minutes ago, trin880 said:

Where do you see your package description in the app? I see all the details on princess website, but cannot locate it in the app. It does offer an 'upgrade' button to Plus (which is part of my package) or Premium. 

Click on Payment Methods and Packages on the homepage.  

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

Click on Payment Methods and Packages on the homepage.  

It says "You currently do not have any packages. To learn more visit Guest Services or Visit Cruise Personalizer". Personalizer is taking me to the option with 'upgrade' buttons...Should I contact somebody?

5 minutes ago, trin880 said:

It says "You currently do not have any packages. To learn more visit Guest Services or Visit Cruise Personalizer". Personalizer is taking me to the option with 'upgrade' buttons...Should I contact somebody?

What is in your on-line Cruise Personalizer?  Your package should appear on the Travel Summary.  If it doesn’t how did you make your booking- on-line, through a CVP or a travel agent?

1 hour ago, trin880 said:

That's why you aren't getting the dining credits applied. Give it a couple of days and check that section again - once the package shows, you will be able to reserve the dining. It worked that way for me. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, trin880 said:

So, I think the problem is in the app itself, it is not showing the package details. I just purchased the trip a week ago for a sailing in August, and paid in full. It includes the Plus package. I see all details on the Princess webpage, but not in the newly downloaded Medallion app. I hope it gets resolved closer to the departure or at check-in, and I am OK picking the Medallions at the port.

we booked the full package on May30 and have the same problem booking the included speciality dining and its now within 100 days of sailing on Sept9. Have emailed PCL asking for a fix.

Edited by killaypirate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, killaypirate said:

we booked the full package on May30 and have the same problem booking the included speciality dining and its now within 100 days of sailing on Sept9. Have emailed PCL asking for a fix.

Thanks, let us know if it gets resolved via emailing.

On 6/11/2023 at 2:11 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Great info - I did doubt what the rep told me, and now you have confirmed that I was right to doubt!

I was able to reserve specialty dining from the Premiere Package on a cruise that is still over 100 days out....and did so about 2 months back already.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I was able to reserve specialty dining from the Premiere Package on a cruise that is still over 100 days out....and did so about 2 months back already.

Yes, that info from the rep was not correct. Shocking, I know. My package showed up on the app about 5 days after purchasing and, once on there and recognised, I was able to reserve the dining. It seems to be hit or miss as to if/when it will appear...

• Like 1

I'm UK based and don't get a medallion shipped to me. My App shows my arrival status as 'green lane' but I cannot for the life of me find the QR code. I'm sure when I first did the 'ocean ready' stuff it was there under the green bar on the home page, but now, 16 days out, at the point when I was thinking 'I know, just to be safe, I'll print that QR code' it's disappeared. Am I being stupid? Where can I find it on the app? Can anyone else with a future sailing see their QR code now? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

I'm UK based and don't get a medallion shipped to me. My App shows my arrival status as 'green lane' but I cannot for the life of me find the QR code. I'm sure when I first did the 'ocean ready' stuff it was there under the green bar on the home page, but now, 16 days out, at the point when I was thinking 'I know, just to be safe, I'll print that QR code' it's disappeared. Am I being stupid? Where can I find it on the app? Can anyone else with a future sailing see their QR code now? Thanks.

I’m in the US, green lane and my QR code went away.  I took a screen shot of it when I first got it.  If you look under “Personal Information & Documents “ on the app, then under Suggested it has Arrivals, it still shows the arrival group I am in.  Just no QR code.  

• Like 1