Constellation Condition Question

mtnbkr60

On 8/11/2021 at 4:42 AM, canderson said:

Due out of dry dock tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing what the next destination will be.  Anchorage somewhere in the Bahamas with half the rest of the RCCL fleet until the first week of November, or ???

I would say back to Eastern Med to join Infinity

2 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

I would say back to Eastern Med to join Infinity

I don't see anything for Infinity until April 2022, so I can understand being parked where it is, but Connie has business in Caribbean in Nov 2021.  Why go backwards?  Seems the other RCL ships with similar future itineraries are hanging out in the Bahamas.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don't see anything for Infinity until April 2022, so I can understand being parked where it is, but Connie has business in Caribbean in Nov 2021.  Why go backwards?  Seems the other RCL ships with similar future itineraries are hanging out in the Bahamas.

She's leaving the dry dock right now, presumably will do sea trials off Cadiz, then we'll know.

I saw that on the map, it looked like she was were dead adrift for a little bit.

weird.

She has also just reversed course and is currently heading back towards Spain. Destination still says Las Palmas though...

Edited by The_Mac

I am concerned about Connie’s long term future, but I think the lack of a blue hull painting means nothing.  The dry dock was mechanical maintenance.  Painting the hull blue like revolutionized ships would only cause confusion with some folks seeing that, booking, and then too late realizing she has not been revolutionized.

To respond to the original question, I have sailed Celebrity 57 times (if memory serves) since 1992 on old ships and new, and have never, ever been disappointed with my cruise.  Some areas may look a bit worn, but Celebrity never sails a frumpy ship.

• Like 2

Only time I was a bit disappointed was in Galaxy's last year's, and the maintenance situation was getting a bit rough.  As an example, in the forward observation lounge, the double pane windows were full of condensate, and sometimes water, obstructing the view.

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Only time I was a bit disappointed was in Galaxy's last year's, and the maintenance situation was getting a bit rough.  As an example, in the forward observation lounge, the double pane windows were full of condensate, and sometimes water, obstructing the view.

Same for both Mercury and Century in their last year of service.  Still glad I sailed them both even if a little tatty in places. 

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Looks like both Constellation and Infinity reversed course today and slowed way down.  Not sure why, but we've seen everything so far.

And turned around again after about 30km, and looks like it's headed back to the Canaries.

• Like 1

It won't surprise me at all to see a few really squirrely maneuvers if it is necessary to requalify certain ones post repairs.  Ever look at the maneuvering plots on the bridge?  I don't know if those ever have to be updated post-build or not.

It was fun to watch the tracks of some of the 'idle' X ships in the Aegean.  They did so many tight figure 8s and man overboard moves that even the sous chef should have had his turn!

19 hours ago, canderson said:

It's interesting that you say that.  I remember sailing Galaxy literally right before she was sold.  I remember being amazed at what great shape she was in - so much was repainted, new upholstery, etc..  They must have fixed her up right after you sailed her to get her into a saleable state.