How do I access cruise personalizer?

2ferfun

Our upcoming cruise is our first medallion class cruise. Always before when I logged onto my princess there was an option to select cruise personalizer. Now it says check in but when I do that it just tells me to download the app.

Can someone help me access the cruise personalizer?

11 minutes ago, franktown said:

It's only now available in the app.  Not on Princess.com.

This is correct and here is another nightmare of princess right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing:

We are booked on the August 1st Majestic cruise.  We received an upsell offer (from inside to balcony, $199 pp YAY!) I emailed immediately that we wanted to take advantage of it.  The Upsell Dept. replied that I needed to add my credit card info into cruise personalizer and they would process the request.  I have already filled out all the info in the app but I assumed that there must be somewhere else I needed to enter it.  However, I couldnt find anywhere online to put it in.

I called customer service and they were telling me to access cruise personalizer the old way.  After repeatedly telling them that it just says to download the app she put me on hold and was gone for a long time.  When she came back she said that several depts. are not aware that cruisers cant access the old cruise personalizer!  And that THEY cant see anything we enter in the app.

She had spoke with someone higher up and the response was basically, "oh, this could be a problem".

How does this always happen with princess tech people?  I love princess, but they always seem befuddled when it comes to technology!

She was able to enter my card info for me and now I am waiting to hear from the upsell people!  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 2ferfun said:

This is correct and here is another nightmare of princess right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing:

We are booked on the August 1st Majestic cruise.  We received an upsell offer (from inside to balcony, $199 pp YAY!) I emailed immediately that we wanted to take advantage of it.  The Upsell Dept. replied that I needed to add my credit card info into cruise personalizer and they would process the request.  I have already filled out all the info in the app but I assumed that there must be somewhere else I needed to enter it.  However, I couldnt find anywhere online to put it in.

I called customer service and they were telling me to access cruise personalizer the old way.  After repeatedly telling them that it just says to download the app she put me on hold and was gone for a long time.  When she came back she said that several depts. are not aware that cruisers cant access the old cruise personalizer!  And that THEY cant see anything we enter in the app.

She had spoke with someone higher up and the response was basically, "oh, this could be a problem".

How does this always happen with princess tech people?  I love princess, but they always seem befuddled when it comes to technology!

She was able to enter my card info for me and now I am waiting to hear from the upsell people!  Fingers crossed!

"Oh, this could be a problem." That would be very funny except that it is not. Princess has been my favorite cruise line, but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I shall not sail with them again!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 2ferfun said:

Reads like situation normal when it comes to Princess IT dept.  The CIO should have been keel-hauled and walk-the-plank ages ago.

You were in the Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com website.  It is still there, but most of the registration functionality was moved to the Medallion Class App.  If you have a smartphone that is reasonably current, you should be able to download the App and use it to enter and review information.  Lots of posts and info on Ocean Medallion App 3 sticky thread at top of Princess board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

You were in the Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com website.  It is still there, but most of the registration functionality was moved to the Medallion Class App.  If you have a smartphone that is reasonably current, you should be able to download the App and use it to enter and review information.  Lots of posts and info on Ocean Medallion App 3 sticky thread at top of Princess board.

The issue was that the people in customer service and the upsell department can't see anything we've entered into the app, including credit card info. They never stored that in the the cruise personalizer like they do your passport info. 

• Like 1

My memory fails me. Did we used to add our credit card number to Personalizer ? I guess we must have done so, can't think of anywhere else I would have given CC info. I am wary of sites that store CC information and have been reluctant to add it to Medallion far in advance of cruise date. Out TA does not store CC info and I need to give it to her when ever a payment is due - I prefer that. My preference would be for Princess to store CC info just for the duration of the cruise.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

"Oh, this could be a problem." That would be very funny except that it is not. Princess has been my favorite cruise line, but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I shall not sail with them again!

Will cruise with Princess 2 more times as we have booked with friends for both. We have booked an Oceania for 2022 to try it out. We have sailed with Azamara once and would definitely do it again. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Reads like situation normal when it comes to Princess IT dept.  The CIO should have been keel-hauled and walk-the-plank ages ago.

Love it.When you say "situation normal" I see: SNAFU

For those who didn't know, the word snafu is actually an acronym for: Situation Normal All F***** Up.  If one is being nice they can use the word "fouled" in that acronym but...

Princess IT has always boggled my mind. It's amazing to me that they can be so totally inept. As for the CIO - that is Marshall Lancaster and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is getting a huge bonus. That seems to be how things work.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

My memory fails me. Did we used to add our credit card number to Personalizer ? I guess we must have done so, can't think of anywhere else I would have given CC info. I am wary of sites that store CC information and have been reluctant to add it to Medallion far in advance of cruise date. Out TA does not store CC info and I need to give it to her when ever a payment is due - I prefer that. My preference would be for Princess to store CC info just for the duration of the cruise.

You used to have to enter your credit card info in the cruise personalizer or give a credit card at check-in.  I read some people put cash into their account at guest services in lieu of a credit card.

Edited by franktown
add

I’ve thrown my hands up in frustration and disgust with the Princess app, it’s a piece of *****. I got it downloaded, information loaded, pictures taken all good to go. I have green checks on everything but the Passage Contract, when I hit acknowledge nothing happens, I guess I’m not the only one with this problem. I also don’t have the Dine line on my app. I called the help line, the navigator didn’t squat about the app. I tried to call again today, hopping I’d get someone who knew something, fat chance. I was on hold for 20 minutes and a lady answered the phone she said she didn’t know anything about the app and transferred me to someone who help, I gave up after another 20 minutes. We sail in 53 days so I’m one wasting my time on this piece of *****.