When Do Drinks Packages Typically Go On Sale?

Once they hit the cruise planner there is some kind of sale that fluxuates.  Look at the price and book at the price that you are comfortable with.  My cap is $55 a day.  I have seen people post rates of $71 a day and that was the sale price.

Might try looking at this thread.

Bottom line book the drink package and if it goes down cancel and rebook at the lower price. If you wait you stand the chance of it going even higher.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Once they hit the cruise planner there is some kind of sale that fluxuates.  Look at the price and book at the price that you are comfortable with.  My cap is $55 a day.  I have seen people post rates of $71 a day and that was the sale price.

OK, good point. It's currently at $60, which isn't bad (I remember the old Premium package being about $55, so that doesn't freak me out)

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Bottom line book the drink package and if it goes down cancel and rebook at the lower price. If you wait you stand the chance of it going even higher.

Good point - I might just book now.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh also - so you know - that thread you linked to seems to be about booking sales, not about drinks pricing.

1 minute ago, livinginyellow said:

OK, good point. It's currently at $60, which isn't bad (I remember the old Premium package being about $55, so that doesn't freak me out)

Good point - I might just book now.

I would. Once we book a cruise I'm always looking at the cruise planner daily for prices. There is always a black Friday sale but there are sales though out the year. Bottom line don't fall for the fuzzy math and percentages off. Just look at the bottom line price. If you can get the drink package for between $41-$50 you have gotten a great deal.

3 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Oh also - so you know - that thread you linked to seems to be about booking sales, not about drinks pricing.

Yes I know but the theory is the same

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I would. Once we book a cruise I'm always looking at the cruise planner daily for prices. There is always a black Friday sale but there are sales though out the year. Bottom line don't fall for the fuzzy math and percentages off. Just look at the bottom line price. If you can get the drink package for between $41-$50 you have gotten a great deal.

It's at $61/day right now, which doesn't seem too awful (since I remember the old top-tier Premium package to be $55/day) You think it's worth it to just grab it for now?

Edited by livinginyellow

My sweet spot is $50. Right now the best I’ve seen for our cruise is $57 (both figures without added gratuity).  I will pay that if I have to but am hoping for lower & have time to wait.

Edited by poocher

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

My sweet spot is $50. Right now the best I’ve seen for our cruise is $57

That may be the going rate for awhile. I don't think we will see prices in the $40's for a while. My upcoming November sailing I got the DDP for $43. My September 2022 sailing is at $70.

19 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

It's at $61/day right now, which doesn't seem too awful (since I remember the old top-tier Premium package to be $55/day) You think it's worth it to just grab it for now?

I think there'll be a sale this weekend. Holiday weekends typically have a sale.  Wait at least to Saturday.  No sense booking now and cancelling and rebooking on the weekend

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That may be the going rate for awhile. I don't think we will see prices in the $40's for a while. My upcoming November sailing I got the DDP for $43. My September 2022 sailing is at $70.

I just recently got it for Serenade for $47.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I think you are right though on Oasis/Quantum class ships.

• Like 1

I agree $40s probably won’t happen.  $57 is 30% off (yes the new cruise planner shows the full price now- $84).  If between now & Black Friday, they run a 40% I’ll jump on it.  If by Black Friday it’s still only 30%, I have no doubt I can make that well worth it!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think there'll be a sale this weekend. Holiday weekends typically have a sale.  Wait at least to Saturday.  No sense booking now and cancelling and rebooking on the weekend

I agree with this. Last time I followed  the price for a year and every week the price just fluctuated a dollar or two. I waited until black friday and while the price of the deluxe package was the same they offered Voom for $10 a day if you purchased the deluxe drink package. Since I was going to purchase Voom at the going rate anyway, I saved $5 a day on that by combining the purchase. To me it doesn't matter if I'm paying out of the right pocket or left pocket. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree with this. Last time I followed  the price for a year and every week the price just fluctuated a dollar or two. I waited until black friday and while the price of the deluxe package was the same they offered Voom for $10 a day if you purchased the deluxe drink package. Since I was going to purchase Voom at the going rate anyway, I saved $5 a day on that by combining the purchase. To me it doesn't matter if I'm paying out of the right pocket or left pocket. 

Did you see any fluctuations on July 4?  

7 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Did you see any fluctuations on July 4?  

I had only booked around that time so I wasn't sure what prices had been prior. Black Friday had the best promotions that was back in 2018.  I purchased one refreshment package for $18, and one deluxe package at $49 combined with surf and stream for an extra $10 a day. That was Black Friday 2018.

3 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Funny story - since I posted this this morning, my cruise's package dropped from $61 to $53! Not sure if I should grab it, but I might since its already a $200 savings for the week.

I noticed mine drop from $71 to $62, but thats without any listed % sale discount. My cruise is 6 months away so I know I'll see 30% off at some point but I'm now curious if it'll go back to $71 before then. Seems very odd for a 13% drop but that's 2 of us seeing the same % off. 

Edited by Miloomar