Freedom of the Seas - July 2, 2021

22 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

It'd be really interesting to know how many of that 7% were adults. I'm guessing that is mostly children.

Someone upthread said Royal is including the 100% vaxxed crew in that 93% vaxxed on board. Passengers are 85% vaxxed. Divide 185 by 2 and that is 92.5% and rounded to 93% vaxxed on board. Royal's numbers give the impression that 93% of passengers are vaxxed. Not so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oxo said:

X Edge does not require Mask or S D.

Why different rules for same company? 

Celebrity Edge sails all the time with at least 95% vaccinated passengers and 100% crews. Celebrity did not apply for test cruises for the Edge.

6 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

That's actually quite a bit. Basically everywhere on the ship that is not outdoors or your cabin. It’s pretty ridiculous. 

I’ll be watching how things progress and if they don’t relax this in the coming months I’ll be canceling my Christmas cruise. 

(masking in most areas indoors on the ship).....Especially that the vaxxed wear ID bracelets. Hopefully, the rules will be relaxed for vaxxed passengers soon so they don't have to mask anywhere on the ship even though there are more than 95% un-vaxxed passengers on board at any given time.

9 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Someone upthread said Royal is including the 100% vaxxed crew in that 93% vaxxed on board. Passengers are 85% vaxxed. Divide 185 by 2 and that is 92.5% and rounded to 93% vaxxed on board. Royal's numbers give the impression that 93% of passengers are vaxxed. Not so.

Royal math lives in all aspects of cruising numbers not only in discounts and planner offers. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

(masking in most areas indoors on the ship).....Especially that the vaxxed wear ID bracelets. Hopefully, the rules will be relaxed for vaxxed passengers soon so they don't have to mask anywhere on the ship even though there are more than 95% un-vaxxed passengers on board at any given time.

Please see my response to that post.  I don’t want anyone thinking that is correct or attributing that incorrect information to me! You  DO NOT wear the mask much indoors at all.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Yes he does wear a lanyard for work so maybe... like I said he was adamant before we knew they were the rubber band things he seems less annoyed now.

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

For those who don't want to wear the Tracelet or rubberbands - several options:

•attach it to a lanyard (already mentioned)

•get a large safety pin and attach it to your clothing

•office max (or depot-can't keep them straight) has these clippy things on a retractable line that can attach to things you don't want to carry. My mom had one for her keys when she was in assisted living. She wore it around her neck. 

I don't like wearing things on my wrists, especially rubber items. I'll be using the safety pin thing.

Making up your own rules?  If you don’t want to comply, do everyone a favor and stay home. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We’re back in port!  Again, great cruise!!  

I have no hesitation going on my next one!  Bracelets & masks were a not a big deal at all.  Never heard anyone even mention them in conversation the entire trip.   Staff was wonderful, food was good and the entertainment was good.  

My first time to Coco Cay and it was a great place to relax & enjoy the beautiful scenery.  

We had 4 other sister ships join us last night for the fireworks!  They all blew their horns at the end.  It was very cool to see all the ships lit up around us! 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, linga said:

Please see my response to that post.  I don’t want anyone thinking that is correct or attributing that incorrect information to me! You  DO NOT wear the mask much indoors at all.  

However, masking is required on the Royal Promenade correct? Since that area involves a good part of my indoor time I would surmise a lot of indoor mask wearing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, masking is required on the Royal Promenade correct? Since that area involves a good part of my indoor time I would surmise a lot of indoor mask wearing.

Only when walking thru. Not if you’re at any of the venues.    I give up,… take care 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Plus just having to remember to bring it with you, and seeing varying degrees of compliance. I've been very used to mask wearing, never go in indoor spaces without one, and I underestimated how great it would be to never have to wear one on Adventure. It was just so nice to see people's faces and have a conversation. To me, that's a big plus to requiring all adults to be vaccinated. 

I also don't want to have to keep track of mask on here, mask off there. I'd love them to publish numbers for each cruise, numbers of vaxxed or unvaxxed in each age group. It sounds higher than I expected but will probably fluctuate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sam Ting said:

Making up your own rules?  If you don’t want to comply, do everyone a favor and stay home. 

You know there are going to some passengers where they cannot get it on there wrist.   They aren't really that big.  But thanks again for your comments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A certain blogger told people this weekend that the head honchos told him that the CDC guidelines should be loosening on masks  soon! Fingers crossed. They usually make those announcements on Thursdays and Fridays. 

Edited by Thenagers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, linga said:

Only when walking thru. Not if you’re at any of the venues.    I give up,… take care 

Don't let others get you down. Happy people will be happy, grumpy people will be grumpy, and defiant people will be defiant, there's nothing you can do to change that.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful cruise and gives a lot of us hope for our upcoming vacations. The hardest part is the waiting.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

You know there are going to some passengers where they cannot get it on there wrist.   They aren't really that big.  But thanks again for your comments. 

Just follow the rules and stop making excuses.  The crew should be able to just glance at someone’s wrist to see if they are vaccinated, not have to scan their entire body to see if they have it pinned on somewhere.  

my 10 year old didn’t want to wear their wristband either to go to the local water park. Guess what, after finding out we weren’t going, they changed their tune pretty quick. I suggest you do the same. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam Ting said:

Just follow the rules and stop making excuses.  The crew should be able to just glance at someone’s wrist to see if they are vaccinated, not have to scan their entire body to see if they have it pinned on somewhere.  

my 10 year old didn’t want to wear their wristband either to go to the local water park. Guess what, after finding out we weren’t going, they changed their tune pretty quick. I suggest you do the same. 

NM

6 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

I have had an aversion to wearing anything on my wrists for the last 50 years.  Bracelets and wristwatches:  nope.  So, I will add the vacc wristband to my lanyard with my seapass.  I always wear it outside my clothing on board the ship.  I think that should suffice.

Having been with RCCL for 45 years, I've never known them not to be reasonable about these sort of things.  Spirit of the rule versus letter of the rule, so to speak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Plus just having to remember to bring it with you, and seeing varying degrees of compliance. I've been very used to mask wearing, never go in indoor spaces without one, and I underestimated how great it would be to never have to wear one on Adventure. It was just so nice to see people's faces and have a conversation. To me, that's a big plus to requiring all adults to be vaccinated. 

I also don't want to have to keep track of mask on here, mask off there. I'd love them to publish numbers for each cruise, numbers of vaxxed or unvaxxed in each age group. It sounds higher than I expected but will probably fluctuate.

According to linga you have to wear a mask walking through the Promenade but not in the venues. I guess this makes sense in someone's mind but not mine. You can take it off walking into a store or sitting in a chair at the pub and you put it back on walking out?

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

For me, having to wear a mask for more than one minute anywhere on the ship is too much. And.......that is coming from someone who was the mask queen before I was fully vaccinated. Been there, done that. Not going to do it on vacation on a cruise ship. That is just me. I will not be sailing Royal until fully vaxxed people do not have to wear masks anywhere on the ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, linga said:

There are plenty of areas on board for mixed passengers so, for me, the masking is waaaaay too much. Just having to mask on the Royal Promenade is a huge turn off for me. Lucky for Royal, there are plenty of people who are very willing to mask up in areas of the ship that are for mixed (vaxxes/un-vaxxed) passengers.

I will be cruising on lines that offer 95% or greater vaxxed passengers on board. There are not mask requirements for fully vaxxed people anywhere on their ships.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

According to linga you have to wear a mask walking through the Promenade but not in the venues. I guess this makes sense in someone's mind but not mine. You can take it off walking into a store or sitting in a chair at the pub and you put it back on walking out?

To my understanding after reading Royals rules about masking, the mask can be removed on the Royal Promenade only when eating or drinking when in their food venues. I do not think that rule applies when browsing inside a shop. I imagine, strolling on the Promenade while sipping on a cocktail would also exempt a person from wearing a mask.

Too much mask on, mask off, mask on, mask off, mask back on again, etc. I'm just not going to do that while on a cruise vacation. Sorry Royal, this Diamond Plus member will wait as long as it takes for your masking rules for FULLY VACCINATED people to go away...........FAR, FAR AWAY!

• Like 1

Well I just read an article that said they had 125 unvaccinated kids on this 1st sailing. Didn’t mention any adults. I think we can all see they are jumping through all these hoops so families can bring the kids but honestly I personally wouldn’t want my kid wearing a mask everywhere but outside. Even the ports require them walking around so that isn’t a break. I’d love to hear from the parents of kids who just got back?I think they have to on Adventure as well but not as strictly enforced. My teens wore masks all year to school and my son even had high school graduation in one. We are so happy to be vaccinated.i really feel for younger families still dealing with restrictions.Curious if the staff was sweet, gentle with reminders for the young ones? Also how was the Adventure ocean with masks? My kids loved that ball game at night? It was like tag? Curious if that was even allowed?