Greenhouse SpaThermal Suite Weekly Pass

bandp407

On 8/1/2021 at 1:16 PM, Bubbleswvwa said:

I advance purchased (last week) the couples pass for the N Amsterdam for our upcoming 9/25 sailing and it was $219. On my last N Amsterdam sailing (3/7/2020) I booked on embarkation day and paid $299 for the couples pass.

@Bubbleswvwa

I did the same for this cruise, but am now re-thinking it because of the masking requirements....  I cannot get an answer if they will be required in the Thermal Suite. 

Also...   @cruisegirl   I was not given a time slot when I paid for this, nor would I want to adhere to a specific time each day!  I believe it's open use.

• Like 1

In the “good ol’ days”, there used to be a discreet sign on the water feature that stated during busy times, limited to 20 minutes.  That would be if you saw people standing around waiting for a thermal recliner to free up.  

Carol

1 hour ago, cruisegirl said:

Part of my confusion is when I tried to book for our 12/4/21 

cruise only one time slot shows and it is 12:30 pm which for us would be a lousy time slot. I can’t believe it is so close to being sold out that only one time slot shows. Are you held to a time slot or can you go whenever you want to as long as you have purchased a pass? 

CruisegirIt,

It has not on past cruises. It looks like a place holder to me. You will need to check in with the staff before the first time you use the thermal suite.

2 hours ago, Bubbleswvwa said:

CruisegirIt,

It has not on past cruises. It looks like a place holder to me. You will need to check in with the staff before the first time you use the thermal suite.

Thanks. At least I have several months to sort this out. 

10 hours ago, Charlies Aunt said:

I have purchased the spa pass for our up coming cruise but now that masks are mandatory inside I cant see how the spa can safely operate. I certainly have no wish to wear a mask whilst in there. I await the answer to this with interest.

Was it for a specific time slot?

7 hours ago, cruisegirl said:

Was it for a specific time slot?

No, but it was bought several weeks ago and long before the recent changes were announced. Maybe this is the way they are going to "police" the number of people in the spa at any one time. Who knows?

I think we are going to cancel this pass anyway. There seems to be little point in wearing a mask in other venues and then going into an enclosed warm, humid and somewhat airless place. Maybe next time.

4 hours ago, Charlies Aunt said:

No, but it was bought several weeks ago and long before the recent changes were announced. Maybe this is the way they are going to "police" the number of people in the spa at any one time. Who knows?

I think we are going to cancel this pass anyway. There seems to be little point in wearing a mask in other venues and then going into an enclosed warm, humid and somewhat airless place. Maybe next time.

I was thinking about getting the pass for the first time but was starting to get a bit uncomfortable about it even before the testing and mask rules came out. Too bad because the pre-cruise price is quite attractive.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, Cruise Suzy said:

For my Nieuw Amsterdam November cruise, I found it in Already Booked -> Manage My Bookings. Look under Cruise Activities -> Spa -> Relaxation Areas. It is $169 pp or $299 per couple for 7 days

OOP! Never mind found my answer ater reading on.SO I followed you directions and it worked well. But, it says that price for 15 minutes and I have to book the time. How the heck do you use the pool and bed in that time. Or is that like a gate way time you can enter?? Its been a long time since I went on HA, but previously I wondered in any time and stayed as long as I wish, especially the pool. If you could clarify I'd appreciate it we leave in 13 days. Thank you ahead of time, Pat

Edited by PG13
error

4 hours ago, PG13 said:

OOP! Never mind found my answer ater reading on.SO I followed you directions and it worked well. But, it says that price for 15 minutes and I have to book the time. How the heck do you use the pool and bed in that time. Or is that like a gate way time you can enter?? Its been a long time since I went on HA, but previously I wondered in any time and stayed as long as I wish, especially the pool. If you could clarify I'd appreciate it we leave in 13 days. Thank you ahead of time, Pat

That is basically the question I have been asking. I hope you get an answer as that will help me 

Thermal passes are part of HAL's bread and butter. Sea day? Forget it. Except maybe early morning, or just before closing, or during prime dining periods. I believe in the era of COVID-19 even port days will have increased traffic. If you can work with that, then it is very nice and we enjoy it. 

On 8/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, PG13 said:

My understanding is that it is a website issue.  Since everything else in the spa is based off of appointments, purchasing the Thermal area is also appointment based even through it really isn't!  Go whenever it's open and stay as long was you want.

The caveat, of course, was that this was all pre-covid, and now it might be different.  I would barely get settled in the pool before my 15 minutes would be up 😀

• Like 1

I can't speak for post-covid, but on our cruise the week before the world shut down, I purchased a thermal suite pass before our cruise and had to pick one of those 15 minute times. Like others have said, it was a website issue. The pass was good for anytime the spa was open and you could stay as long as you wanted. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 4:21 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The pricing just appeared on my check in and Navigator App  few days ago. I believe the $299 price is per couple. But to be truthful I would wait to purchase on board. In the past the pre cruise on board price was often higher than what you would pay on board. Once you open this it does state it’s for 7 day pass.

194E3990-4567-4554-B707-6C0CE2568EC5.png

Becky, sorry to bother you with this, but were there any time restrictions

( 15 minutes & assigned times ) in the Thermal Suite? We love doing this, but not willing to pay the money for the pass if not the freedom to go when we wish. Don’t sail on the NA till Nov, so things could change. It’s not showing upon my app yet. Thanks in advance! 

2 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Becky, sorry to bother you with this, but were there any time restrictions

( 15 minutes & assigned times ) in the Thermal Suite? We love doing this, but not willing to pay the money for the pass if not the freedom to go when we wish. Don’t sail on the NA till Nov, so things could change. It’s not showing upon my app yet. Thanks in advance! 

I posted this back on July 4th prior to actually sailing the Nieuw Amsterdam but now that I have things have changed and I would recomend purchasing in advance. At least for the week I was on July 24th they did not lower the price and it was less.

We were on the first week and normal I do get a pass but did not this cruise so I cannot answer how strict they were with those using the Thermal Suite but may guess with more restrictions on board it may definitely be more restrictions. 

12 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I posted this back on July 4th prior to actually sailing the Nieuw Amsterdam but now that I have things have changed and I would recomend purchasing in advance. At least for the week I was on July 24th they did not lower the price and it was less.

We were on the first week and normal I do get a pass but did not this cruise so I cannot answer how strict they were with those using the Thermal Suite but may guess with more restrictions on board it may definitely be more restrictions. 

Thanks much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 6:17 PM, cruisegirl said:

I hope you get an answer on this as I have the same question. Even though we are on a b2b 12/4-18/21 the only option I saw was for 7 days. We would like to do this but not at $299 twice. 

@cruisegirl, today I looked into the couples pass for both of my 7 night Koningsdam cruises again and the price is now $219 per week!  I went ahead and bought them.  YAY!  $219 per week beats the heck out of $299!  It is a significant savings for us.

And an FYI - Last week I went ahead and called HAL and asked if they could extend a 14 night price for my B2B cruises and they said NO.  So today I was extremely happy to see this price reduction and jumped right on it! 

Cheers!

Just off the NA 8/14 sailing and visited the thermal suite daily, some days twice and stayed as long as I wished. It operates as it always has, with pass holders free to come and go as they please once having exchanged their cabin keycard for a pass card at the spa main desk. 
Masks were not required nor were they seen in the hydropool area. A few guests chose to mask while using thermal loungers. 
I believe prepaid Navigator time slots are placeholders for the number passes available 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Taters said:

@cruisegirl, today I looked into the couples pass for both of my 7 night Koningsdam cruises again and the price is now $219 per week!  I went ahead and bought them.  YAY!  $219 per week beats the heck out of $299!  It is a significant savings for us.

And an FYI - Last week I went ahead and called HAL and asked if they could extend a 14 night price for my B2B cruises and they said NO.  So today I was extremely happy to see this price reduction and jumped right on it! 

Cheers!

That is actually the price that has been showing for me all along. Once you made the reservation for the first seven days did it allow you to make a reservation for the second 7 days?

4 hours ago, cruisegirl said:

That is actually the price that has been showing for me all along. Once you made the reservation for the first seven days did it allow you to make a reservation for the second 7 days?

It did.  I booked my 11/28 spa pass, logged out and back in and booked my 12/5 spa pass.  The only reason I logged out and back in is because the HAL site seems to have trouble bouncing from one reservation to another.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Taters said:

It did.  I booked my 11/28 spa pass, logged out and back in and booked my 12/5 spa pass.  The only reason I logged out and back in is because the HAL site seems to have trouble bouncing from one reservation to another.

Guess I will get brave and try it. Your answer helps. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Spa pass just came available to purchase for our 10/20 TA on the Rotterdam.

The price is $429 for the couples pass.....14 day cruise.

Two years ago, the price was $449 for the Nieuw Statendam 14 day TA when we bought it pre-cruise and I recall checking when onboard and the price was more.

It seems better to buy pre-cruise.  I'll check the price onboard next month, for sure.

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Two years ago, the price was $449 for the Nieuw Statendam 14 day TA when we bought it pre-cruise and I recall checking when onboard and the price was more.

It seems better to buy pre-cruise.  I'll check the price onboard next month, for sure.

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Thanks for the info! Have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Rotterdam. We are sailing her the end of March & can’t wait! Bon Voyage!

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been answered in a different thread, but if I purchase on the website a "Couples" spa pass, do I get to designate who the 2nd person in the "Couple" is after I board? It won't be for my cabin roommate but another person in my travel group would like to share the cost.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:00 AM, Charlies Aunt said:

How can you mandate masks in all other venues except this? It makes no sense to me. Either it's okay to go without a mask or not.