Question about doors I see in the hallways (deck plan)

catou2428

Hi!

The door that I see in the hallway (between cabin B342 and B402) stay open or If a have one of these cabin I'll constantly hear it close?

Thank you!

Image 1.jpg

Edited by catou2428

• catou2428 changed the title to Question about doors I see in the hallways (deck plan)
2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

What Rick&Jeannie said.  And if the door closing doesn't wake you, I can assure you the alarm in your cabin will!

LOL, emergency alarm will wake the dead.  Had it go off once, my dh sat up straight in the bed.

2 hours ago, R**T said:

During rough seas the fire doors may shut, but they don't lock.  They are just heavy and hard to open.

If they do, they are not working properly.  Nothing should cause a fire door to close other than a release signal from the fire detection system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

If they do, they are not working properly.  Nothing should cause a fire door to close other than a release signal from the fire detection system.

Or on turnaround day when the crew has the doors closed to help stop new passengers from going to their cabins until they are ready.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Or on turnaround day when the crew has the doors closed to help stop new passengers from going to their cabins until they are ready.

But, even then, they are released by the electric or pneumatic mechanism tied to the fire detection system.

• Like 1