Carnival stock

firefly333

Pre open CCL is at 23.01. Will people buy the dip today or will it go lower?

Been watching it. I kept 100 shares for obc. Been watching it and rcl and ncl stock. Need to buy my 100 shares of rcl back, didnt keep the 100 needed for obc and need to before december cruise. 

Market in a ugly mood at open. Cant tell yet if people will be buying the dip. Its finally getting to where it might be a buy again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Pre open CCL is at 23.01. Will people buy the dip today or will it go lower?

Been watching it. I kept 100 shares for obc. Been watching it and rcl and ncl stock. Need to buy my 100 shares of rcl back, didnt keep the 100 needed for obc and need to before december cruise. 

Market in a ugly mood at open. Cant tell yet if people will be buying the dip. Its finally getting to where it might be a buy again. 

I have 259 shares and if I had the spare cash now is when I'd buy. 

• Thanks 1

I've taken a lot of attacks from people for being negative on ccl stock when it floated higher on more debt. I was told fundamentals dont matter. Blerk said it could easily float to 40.

I'm not negative on carnival cruises  I was negative on the stock as it kept rising.

Idk it could test 20 if the market continues to sell off, right now it a falling knife and you know what they say about catching a falling knife. Depends if the whole market decides to finally sell off. .. or today is just another dip. Idk.. who can predict the market. Up to now every dip was a buying op to sell the next day for traders. Sooner or later we need a real sell off. .. but when?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Still dropping Pre-open

I think I'll buy back the 100 shares of rcl so I can quit worrying. Have 10 booked x $100, that's 1k i can be off. Sold at 92 I think. 78 pre open.

Ccl, yep still dropping

Extended hours
$22.81-1.21 (-5.02%)

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Everything dropping the am, travel stocks no exception.  I have some CCL for the obc but I would be hesitant to buy more as long as CCL keeps issuing new shares to cover costs.  Just issued 500 MM more shares.  Dilutive effect will keep stock price down.  If you have a little "Mad Money" and can wait, it might come back.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

Everything dropping the am, travel stocks no exception.  I have some CCL for the obc but I would be hesitant to buy more as long as CCL keeps issuing new shares to cover costs.  Just issued 500 MM more shares.  Dilutive effect will keep stock price down.  If you have a little "Mad Money" and can wait, it might come back.

People might be shorting, seeing big blocks on the ask. Ccl steadied but rcl still dropping. 

I'm looking at something safe like vz lol. Pays a  nice dividend while I wait. I'm not saying buy. The trend is definitely been down, no support. I said it was a falling knife lol. We agree on the dilution. 

Traders are the only ones stepping in here hoping for a bounce.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Worse? Nah, I expect a lot of profit taking in Q3 but the economy as whole is positioned quite well for rallies well into Q4.   

Long term I agree, short term the fed pumping money into the market is what's keeping it up. Though I dont see that the fed will quit printing more and more money and feeding the stock market.  Market is artificially high short term. Imo

Bad  news today the people filing for unemployment was higher than forecast. Missed estimate

Also the 10 year crashed. Lowest rate since last feb is what's really scaring the market. First crash of 10 year like this. 

Market been going up faster than earnings, needs a sell off.

I keep watching it and still haven't decided what my buy-more point is. I grabbed a couple hundred shares when it was 7.99 and I think 50 or 75 more at 10.50, but would like to add to it. Don't have the time or patience for day trading and definitely in it for the long haul. Have always firmly been in the "invest in what you love" camp, and Carnival and Disney are my two loves. 🙂 I just got in so low on this one, it gives me heartburn to consider paying 20+... but I believe in the company and truly believe it'll eventually get back up where it was or close to it within a couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

I keep watching it and still haven't decided what my buy-more point is. I grabbed a couple hundred shares when it was 7.99 and I think 50 or 75 more at 10.50, but would like to add to it. Don't have the time or patience for day trading and definitely in it for the long haul. Have always firmly been in the "invest in what you love" camp, and Carnival and Disney are my two loves. 🙂 I just got in so low on this one, it gives me heartburn to consider paying 20+... but I believe in the company and truly believe it'll eventually get back up where it was or close to it within a couple of years.

DIS is probably safer than ccl. It has the streaming and income from the parks. Streaming doing well.

Ccl scary. Waiting to see if this sell off is just a one day sell off. 

Travel stocks down overall on new variable hurting travel scare. I sure hope carnival has no cases onboard. News media just waiting. People dont want to go back to work, they signing a petition to get another stimulus and stay home. People not wanting to work could hurt fragile recovery.

Watching ccl today. I'm not trading either. Want to see tomorrow.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Long term I agree, short term the fed pumping money into the market is what's keeping it up. Though I dont see that the fed will quit printing more and more money and feeding the stock market.  Market is artificially high short term. Imo

Bad  news today the people filing for unemployment was higher than forecast. Missed estimate

Also the 10 year crashed. Lowest rate since last feb is what's really scaring the market. First crash of 10 year like this. 

Market been going up faster than earnings, needs a sell off.

You can never fight the fed and it makes no sense to try, do like Steve Winwood and 'roll with it baby'! . Additional unemployment aid will be ending Sept 6th in all states and that should stimulate job growth. All this "inflation" scary talk means ziltch if you don't factor in increased demand and production deficiencies due to that demand. When you turn on a spigot that hasn't been run for a while, you get some rust and build up for a while before it runs clear.

The demand isn't going anywhere and will also spill into the holidays as vaccinated people spend more and attend more functions, parties and gatherings for the holidays. Hotels, rental cars, and airfares are all surging and that's purely discretionary spending. All indicators look strong to me.

Housing is the only real bubble I see, people love high values and everyone wants their house price to rise but no one really wants to pay off those unaffordable mortgages as everyone intends to sell it to some other sucker...lol. That generally causes problems when the music stops. 

DIS is probably safer than ccl. It has the streaming and income from the parks. Streaming doing well.

Ccl scary. Waiting to see if this sell off is just a one day sell off. 

Travel stocks down overall on new variable hurting travel scare. I sure hope carnival has no cases onboard. News media just waiting. People dont want to go back to work, they signing a petition to get another stimulus and stay home. People not wanting to work could hurt fragile recovery.

Watching ccl today. I'm not trading either. Want to see tomorrow.

When you give out free streaming to just about anyone but log it as a sales growth it can certainly appear that way. Buy a phone, game, membership to just abut anywhere, or just about anything and get a free Disney+ membership. Looks great on paper but they are late to the game and streaming churn and burn is huge. Creating content isn't cheap and people are only going to watch so much older content that they can get from many sources (probably for free).  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You can never fight the fed and it makes no sense to try, do like Steve Winwood and 'roll with it baby'! . Additional unemployment aid will be ending Sept 6th in all states and that should stimulate job growth. All this "inflation" scary talk means ziltch if you don't factor in increased demand and production deficiencies due to that demand. When you turn on a spigot that hasn't been run for a while, you get some rust and build up for a while before it runs clear.

The demand isn't going anywhere and will also spill into the holidays as vaccinated people spend more and attend more functions, parties and gatherings for the holidays. Hotels, rental cars, and airfares are all surging and that's purely discretionary spending. All indicators look strong to me.

Housing is the only real bubble I see, people love high values and everyone wants their house price to rise but no one really wants to pay off those unaffordable mortgages as everyone intends to sell it to some other sucker...lol. That generally causes problems when the music stops. 

The question isnt fighting the fed, it's what to buy on dips. 

Lol I sold ccl last dec and bought a florida condo. Hahahaha. I'm a contrarian I guess. I do agree florida real estate seems played out. Other hot real estate markets remain. Not quite dead.

Got my 100 shares of rcl back today. Not sure what else, but I'm scanning for what is the best deal. Lol believe it or not there are other stocks out there besides ccl. That covid variant scaring longs of all travel stocks. Idk .. watching ccl. Havent decided. Fence sitting right now on ccl.

That covid variant scaring longs of all travel stocks. Idk .. watching ccl. Havent decided. Fence sitting right now on ccl.

As it should. Some folks are way over confident that the bad times are all behind us with regard to covid. They must already be along for the ride and have a boat load of shares lol. Too much uncertainty still remains but when you're already dug in, it's easy to be caviler and defiant. Don't really have a choice...lol. It's far from over with variants out there, lots of unvaccinated, port countries having covid outbreaks and even uncertainty from the lawsuit and state laws. Hopefully optimistic is one thing, recklessly naive is another.       

• Thanks 1

Lol I'm up $2 a share on rcl. Bought at 77.57. Not the low ... but now it's over 79.50, almost back to even.

Cruise stocks being traded. Buy at open and sell a hour later, rinse and repeat tomorrow. 

Now I dont need to worry about rcl for obc by dec booking.

Anything extra is based on market direction now.

I bought Carnival stock about 3-4 years ago. I wonder how long it will take for the stock back to the 55-65 price range it was at back in the day. currently when i log into my investment account, i am very sad seeing how the stock is 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I think the economy is going to get worse not better...

Some sectors of the economy surely will. Others, like travel, is exploding. Hotel stocks are through the roof.

But if food and gas prices keep going up, I would forsee cruise prices to increase. But I am no global economist so I could be wrong.