July 10th Star Breeze....waiting...waiting...waiting

caymancouple

We board tomorrow.  Can hardly wait.  My birthday is on Tuesday.  What a GREAT present.

We got here Wednesday afternoon.  No issues.  Have your passport, your entrance permission form, the form provided on the plane, your negative covid test form ready to show.  I would suggest printing if possible rather than phone.  We have received an email the last 2 mornings asking for our temperature.  I travel with a thermometer so no issue for us.  

We are staying at Palm Court Hotel at Orient Beach.  Very pleased.  27 room boutique hotel.  Geared to the French.  I believe we are the only Americans here.  We have hung out at the pool as the beach is really windy and there is like a three foot wide berm of dead sea grass at the waters edge.  YUK.

Can hardly wait for tomorrow

5 hours ago, caymancouple said:

We board tomorrow.  Can hardly wait.  My birthday is on Tuesday.  What a GREAT present.

We got here Wednesday afternoon.  No issues.  Have your passport, your entrance permission form, the form provided on the plane, your negative covid test form ready to show.  I would suggest printing if possible rather than phone.  We have received an email the last 2 mornings asking for our temperature.  I travel with a thermometer so no issue for us.  

We are staying at Palm Court Hotel at Orient Beach.  Very pleased.  27 room boutique hotel.  Geared to the French.  I believe we are the only Americans here.  We have hung out at the pool as the beach is really windy and there is like a three foot wide berm of dead sea grass at the waters edge.  YUK.

Can hardly wait for tomorrow

Have a wonderful birthday, and keep us posted . Thanks.

Have a great trip!

My husband's birthday is on the day we depart St. Martin on Wind Surf in December.  I'm curious to know if they do anything for your birthday next week.

Happy birthday in advance!

Happy birthday! On our last WS cruise in December 2019, they made me a delicious chocolate truffle cake and sang happy birthday at our Candles dinner for my special day. They also decorated our cabin with a banner and a towel birthday cake. My husband said they set a high bar! It was very nice. 

Enjoy your trip. We are on the Surf December 28 for 18 day trip. Can’t wait!

Have a great cruise!

Have they notified you of any itinerary changes for the BVI? Not saying they should, just asking. They've gone from 2 to 900+ COVID cases in a week and new restrictions were imposed yesterday. Curfew from 7pm-5am and all restaurants take out only. 

For more details on the BVI surge of cases:

https://stthomassource.com/content/2021/07/08/bvi-grappling-with-hundreds-of-active-covid-19-cases-in-sudden-surge/

...As of Thursday, the British territory had a total of 821 active confirmed COVID-19 cases, and recorded the death of a 32-year-old man, according to the Ministry of Health and Social Development.

Cases are doubling about every two days, and the suspicion is that the highly transmissible Delta variant of the virus is circulating, acting Chief Medical Officer Dr. Ronald Georges said during a news conference on Thursday. At this rate, the BVI can expect at least 1,000 new cases by next week, he said.

If preventive measures such as vaccination, social distancing, mask wearing and proper hand hygiene are not followed, the number of new cases could easily reach 5,000 in two weeks, National Epidemiologist Harmonie Massiah said on Thursday. She said a concerning feature of the outbreak is that it is occurring in a “younger demographic.”...

edited to add that the article states that fully vaccinated people are among the infected.

And later in the article "Ferry service is limited to 65 people and subject to social distancing protocols, and starting July 12, all vaccinated visitors to the BVI – which reopened to tourism on Dec. 1 – will be subject to a rapid test upon arrival for a fee of $50, said Malone. They also must complete travel portal applications no later than 48 hours before departure and provide proof of vaccination."

Edited by MNgardens

MNGardens we’re booked to go back early Sept  for two weeks which is 50/50 now but the situation is so fluid. We went in March and did the whole 5-day quarantine thing when restrictions were at their most restrictive. Praying for everyone there! 

4 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

Have a great cruise!

Have they notified you of any itinerary changes for the BVI? Not saying they should, just asking. They've gone from 2 to 900+ COVID cases in a week and new restrictions were imposed yesterday. Curfew from 7pm-5am and all restaurants take out only. 

Yes, we have port changes.  Attended the Destination Managers presentation this afternoon.  Still some question marks, but I am amazed how quickly they put together new port options.  We do have to stay with a group, but lots of options.

• Like 1

So basically following the Celebrity itineraries. Wishing you a great trip. It would be a no for me on that as the ONLY reason I am doing Windstar is the original ports. Thank you as always, for keeping us in the loop.

Some additional info on the BVI's new restrictions ( here )- I have also seen July 6th mentioned as the start of the 14 day period ( here ).   I would imagine that the July 17 cruise ports will also need to be changed.

With effect from Friday, 9th July, 2021 for a period of 14 days in the first instance there is currently a curfew in place in the BVI for all from 7:00PM to 5:00AM.
All bars, clubs, entertainment establishments, hairdressers, and gyms are closed.
Restaurants can only operate on a takeout basis.
Social gatherings are limited to 25 people.

@themutis there was another official govt  announcement after the July 5 link. See attached thar aligns with the Mooring link. Things have escalated and one set of restrictions were imposed right after another. I would agree that the week of 7/17 will likely be modified and evaluated on a week to week basis. 

Per a govt briefing last night, cases are now at 1100. 

CD46E68A-8AF8-45D8-9641-AE63580D38B3.jpeg

Edited by minidonuts85

Caymancouple:  Appreciate the info on the updated itinerary.  We are on the July 31 cruise, so anxiously watching what happens on your cruise and the cruises in the next few weeks.  The new ports are wonderful too and at this point, we are happy to go anywhere.  Must be so stressful for the crew to constantly have to deal with the changing Covid situation. 

Minidonuts85 and others:  I appreciate your BVI updates.

Pam

• Like 1