LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

33 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I know @dswallowposted a similar pic of the front of the Duck & Dog Pub, but here it is again;

20210720_010753.jpg

And, this is the only depiction of a duck & ,dog in the entire pub;

20210720_010726.jpg

I think this venue previously had the name, "The Pub" (can anybody verify this?). I think I like the Duck & Dog Pub much better.

I think it has a different name on each of the V/F class ships but is commonly referred to as simply "the pub",

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When did they start making people take their shoes off to get back on the ship? I've never had to.

They still don't. What happened was that I was wearing my new water shoes that I had just purchased at the straw market (you know, where those Buttweiser t-shirts and those "well-endowed" coffee mugs were). So, I was carrying my regular shoes back (I was wearing them when I got off the ship). But, this story has a happy ending. I went to Guest Services and they had my shoes waiting for me.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Cool video...and no buffering!

Thanks! Funny, I just did a post asking if there was a buffering problem (before I read your post above). I'm glad it is working for you all. 😊

Edited by MorganClark

8 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Here's Kieron Cox performing at the Duck & Dog Pub. The pub has somewhat cleared out so I was able to move into the actual pub and get a table alot closer to the stage. I have a great view now. Btw, Kieron Cox is very, very good.

20210719_231053.jpg

I have to correct myself and raise.my opinion of Kieron Cox. He's not just "very, very good", he's incredible! Talk about a God given talent (his voice). He's a Brit and has the British accent when he talks. But when he sings, the accent goes away! I can easily say the he was the best acoustic guitarist/vocalist I have ever seen/heard. I closed down the Duck & Dog last night (I'm 2 for 2) and as Kieron was leaving the pub he saw me and acknowledged me. I said to him, "you're great. Best voice I have ever heard". And, he's really a nice guy; some parent(s) brought their little boy in the pub (just up to the bar so Dad could order a drink). Kieron was on a break and went up to the little boy and interacted with him. Kieron gave the boy some kind of glow stick that lights up when you bend it. That boy had the biggest smile on his face! That kind act literally showed me Kieron Cox's character and what kind of man/person he is. Also, not that I'm into judging another dude's looks but I can safely say that for you ladies out there, he's a heart throb ❤. Top his good looks off with his British accent and his incredible voice, he's definitely a "keeper" (not for me, but for you ladies, lol). He's playing the Duck & Dog again tonight (9 pm - 12 am). I'd like to see him perform again but I've got a conflict. Do I see him again or do I watch Game 6 of the NBA Finals (Phoenix Suns at Milwaukee Bucks) in the Schooner Bar?

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 5

We had dinner in the main dining room last night. It was Meh compared to the specially restaurants. I had the escargot, portobello and creme brûlée. The first two were 6/10 forks but the creme brûlée was an 11/10 forks!

2C609962-8F49-4EC9-9196-C7DAA0366E69.jpeg

12EEC041-9FA2-4B71-8CF3-444B91B60F51.jpeg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Are you in love?! 😇 Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Yeah, I'm in love with NBA 🏀,  lol. But, that's o.k., because Kieron had a few male "rainbow warrior" fans in the pub (if you know what I mean. Not that there's anything wrong with that).

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

@HBCcruiser or @MorganClark did either of you find out about how many are on board for this sailing?  I have heard rumors that the number has been going down each week, so I am just curious.  (Passengers, not crew)

I heard 1,100. I think that's about 35-40% (but I'm not sure.)@HBCcruisermight have the exact total and %.

• Like 2