LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

While I was out on the breakwall to get a few good shots of Freedom of the Seas departing, look who else was out there;

20210725_171602.jpg

I covertly was able to snap this close up pic of her/him. If she/he saw me snap a pic of her/him, she/he would've snatched my camera phone out of my hand and snapped it over her/his muscular, tanned knee. Then, she would've proceeded to kick my a _ _.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 2:47 AM, DonnaMarieNJ said:

No, that doesn't work.  I'm looking to search JUST the title.  I want the words "live" and "Anthem" in the title.  That brings up any thread with those words in the entire thread.  It lists "live" and "Allure," etc.  Unless there are none ....  but, still - all I want the results to be are the titles of the threads, not the entire body.  I'm probably not explaining it good enough.

Anthem is in UK at the moment until Autumn.  There's not so many UK folk on this site and not many do a live review. There is quite an active thread,  but it's mainly talking about getting pcr tests prior to the cruise and current cruise protocols 

The thread is called Anthem UK cruises in the Summer 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Anthem is in UK at the moment until Autumn.  There's not so many UK folk on this site and not many do a live review. There is quite an active thread,  but it's mainly talking about getting pcr tests prior to the cruise and current cruise protocols 

I'm booked on Anthem OTS on Jan 20, 2022 out of Bayonne (Cape Liberty), NJ. 11-day S. Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Does anyone know it they offered things like yoga classes in the fitness or other area of the ship? Any info on that would be appreciated... like pricing...thanks

I thought I saw a yoga class out on one of the upper decks. It was definitely being held outside.

Just now, MorganClark said:

I thought I saw a yoga class out on one of the upper decks. It was definitely being held outside.

Thanks... I just started a couple of months ago and would like to keep it going...before I lose the little bit of flexibility I have gained 🙂 

• Like 2

Just now, kearney said:

Thanks... I just started a couple of months ago and would like to keep it going...before I lose the little bit of flexibility I have gained 🙂 

@kearney, I believe I am on before you I will check and let you know.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I don't mean LIVE now, LIVE anytime!  I can't find any for the Anthem.  But I don't want to hijack this thread.  And I thank you all for your info.

I LOVED following this thread - it was so much fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

@kearney, I believe I am on before you I will check and let you know.

I see you live in Linden VA. I had to look that up to see exactly where it is. I grew up in Arlington and have many happy memories of the family driving up to Front Royal and along the Skyline Drive..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kearney said:

As long as I keep my drinking arm flexible (i.e. 12 oz curls), I'm good 😉...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

I am booked on Anthem in December 2021, April 2022 and January 2023.  I hope!!!!

I just noticed the reason why you book Anthem so much; your CC screen name, "DonnaMarieNJ". How is it departing on a cruise out of Cape Liberty?

50 minutes ago, kearney said:

I see you live in Linden VA. I had to look that up to see exactly where it is. I grew up in Arlington and have many happy memories of the family driving up to Front Royal and along the Skyline Drive..

I remember Front Royal & Skyline Drive. I used to live in Herndon, VA.

When we first moved to Virginia we started out in Chantilly, then 5 years after that we moved to Haymarket as soon as the HOV extended out to Haymarket we moved farther out to Linden.  if we try to escape the Metro Area farther we won't be in Virginia anymore. 

Besides we have the view of a lifetime from our back deck so I don't see us moving again.  Unless it's to Florida to be nearer the cruise ports.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 2

Originally, the receptionist here at the Holiday Inn Express told me that a med team would be here at the hotel at 3 pm, conducting covid rapid antigen tests. But, I called down to the desk not too long ago and the receptionist told me that the med team (nurse) was already here! 

So, I immediately went down to the lobby where I was directed into a vacant 1st floor room, where the testing was set up. $35 and 2 nasal swabs later, I had my negative test result! I can fly back into the U.S and get back home (Muskegon, MI)!

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

When we first moved to Virginia we started out in Chantilly, then 5 years after that we moved to Haymarket as soon as the HOV extended out to Haymarket we moved farther out to Linden.  if we try to escape the Metro Area farther we won't be in Virginia anymore. 

Besides we have the view of a lifetime from our back deck so I don't see us moving again.  Unless it's to Florida to be nearer the cruise ports.

Yeah, I don't miss that D.C. commute/car pool one bit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I actually was born and raised in Arlington... I left town for college before the I66 extension inside the Beltway was even started. Parents stayed in the home they had built back in '51 until '02. Their $10k house is now over a million... and a small house at that...but not far from a metro stop. Kinda wish the family still owned it..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kearney said:

I actually was born and raised in Arlington... I left town for college before the I66 extension inside the Beltway was even started. Parents stayed in the home they had built back in '51 until '02. Their $10k house is now over a million... and a small house at that...but not far from a metro stop. Kinda wish the family still owned it..

All those little houses have been torn down and massive houses that take up the entire lot have been built no yard or even parking available.  They buy those tiny houses for a million and tear it down just to add another million to the price with a new house and then sell it and it gets that price it just floors me.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, I don't miss that D.C. commute/car pool one bit.

BP (Before Pandemic) we were driving into Crystal City daily from Linden (almost two hours each direction but even when we lived in Haymarket it was at least an hour and a half so it wasn't much difference.  The agency I contract to is talking about reopening in September but with my mom having Cancer it's already known that I will continue to work remotely for the forseeable future.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

All those little houses have been torn down and massive houses that take up the entire lot have been built no yard or even parking available.  They buy those tiny houses for a million and tear it down just to add another million to the price with a new house and then sell it and it gets that price it just floors me.

Sorry for going off topic... so this will be my last... house next door to my parents.... about 20 years ago.. the took off the roof and came along and placed a prefab second story on top...changing the whole look of the house and making my old house look like a doll house. So far my parents house and grandparents house are still there along with most of the neighborhood..but many modified. My grandparents house was one of the original Sears Craftsman houses bought out of a catalog sometime around 1925.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, reney313 said:

I have been to both several times. They are just "different" to me.  Oddly, I always thought GSC was greater than Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay).  But then Royal Caribbean has really stepped up it's game.  Just adding a dock is a HUGE improvement, let alone everything else.  That said, I still miss/yearn for the older days of the rugged beach paradise.  I enjoyed Coco Cay back in the day.  I also like it now, just different.  So it's nice to have Great Stirrup Cay as an alternative once in awhile.

I was at GSC way back in 2002.  It was really rustic back then.  NCL had one employee who lived on the island with his dog back then.  He rented out the paddleboats, etc.  My wife and I talked with him for quite a while our day there.  Attached is a picture of my lovely wife on GSC back in 2002 on the "porch" of the rental hut the guy ran.  Note how rustic it is in the background.

IM002555.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 1