LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

It’s been great sailing along with you, @HBCcruiser, @MorganClark, @Akina13, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thank you all for sharing your cruise on Adventure with all of us! 

Congrats to @ReneeFLL on getting chosen for the Allure simulated cruise! We’re sailing on Allure in September! can’t wait for our turn to come! 

@MorganClark, I’ll be looking for you on the Celebrity board after we’re done with our Allure cruise to help me get through my post cruise blues, and maybe to convince DH that we should make the drive to Port Everglades to give the Edge a try.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

It’s been great sailing along with you, @HBCcruiser, @MorganClark, @Akina13, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thank you all for sharing your cruise on Adventure with all of us! 

Congrats to @ReneeFLL on getting chosen for the Allure simulated cruise! We’re sailing on Allure in September! can’t wait for our turn to come! 

@MorganClark, I’ll be looking for you on the Celebrity board after we’re done with our Allure cruise to help me get through my post cruise blues, and maybe to convince DH that we should make the drive to Port Everglades to give the Edge a try.

Thank you for your kind words. All credit goes to @HBCcruiserfor initiating (and posting to) this LIVE thread.

Yeah, I'll be definitely doing a similar LIVE thread on my Celebrity Edge cruise (Oct 2-9, 2021). I had a lot of fun contributing (with humorous posts, hopefully & my pics) to @HBCcruiser's LIVE thread. So, I got lots of practice.

I already have a plan in place to deal with my post-cruise blues. It will be some "fresh water" cruising on Lake Michigan, taking the Lake Express auto/passenger fast-ferry from my home town of Muskegon, MI to Milwaukee, WI and then returning to Ludington. Michigan (from Manitowoc, WI) on the historic (registered National Historic Landmark) SS Badger. Also, on both these vessels, I can even bring my pick-up truck! Can't do that on a cruise ship.

By all means, you gotta convince your DH to jump on the Edge out of Port Everglades. Join me onboard Edge on Oct 2nd! You said "drive" to Port Everglades, so I'm assuming you live in another part of Florida? If yes, even more reason to jump on Edge! Good luck convincing your DH.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

I'm probably not explaining it good enough.

Yes, you are and are doing right, except in addition to the title filter also choose the "This Forum" filter (limits it to RCI threads). Between "live" and the name of the ship you may find something. Live from threads are still rare during this restart.

• Like 2

POST-CRUISE ADDENDUM

3-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Nassau, Bahamas

I thought I'd add on a few more pics & a few more "quips" while I'm doing my post-cruise stay at Holiday Inn Express in Nassau.

Compared to other hotels in downtown Nassau, this Holiday Inn Express is a deal, imo. Full breakfast is included;

20210725_075354.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

POST-CRUISE ADDENDUM

3-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Nassau, Bahamas

I thought I'd add on a few more pics & a few more "quips" while I'm doing my post-cruise stay at Holiday Inn Express in Nassau.

Compared to other hotels in downtown Nassau, this Holiday Inn Express is a deal, imo. Full breakfast is included;

20210725_075354.jpg

Is it a buffet?  Or did someone serve you?

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, just outside of Houston last month. Week-long stay, visiting family. Free breakfast as well, but we were served. After four days of cold eggs and chewy bacon, we ate breakfast elsewhere. 

Your breakfast looks good. 

BTW, do you feel smarter since you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, last night?  (Remembering the old commercials.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

Is it a buffet?  Or did someone serve you?

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, just outside of Houston last month. Week-long stay, visiting family. Free breakfast as well, but we were served. After four days of cold eggs and chewy bacon, we ate breakfast elsewhere. 

Your breakfast looks good. 

BTW, do you feel smarter since you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, last night?  (Remembering the old commercials.)

It's a buffet; serve yourself. Food (eggs, sausage, bacon, etc) actually isn't bad.

When looking at the rates of other hotels here in Nassau, yeah I definitely feel smarter.

This will be the only time (one and done) that I'll have to fly to (and stay at a hotel in) Nassau, Bahamas to board a cruise ship (i.e. Adventure of the Seas) that is temporarily home-ported here.

Some of my upcoming booked cruises stop in Nassau for a traditional port call.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the interior of my room (#501);

20210725_082930.jpg

Definitely not fancy, but it meets my needs and "gets the job done";

20210725_082850.jpg

The receptionist here remembered me from my 4-night pre-cruise stay, so I think she "hooked me up" with a nice room location (beach view) on the 5th floor. Here's my view (Junkanoo Beach);

20210725_082801.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 5

Very nice photos my friend. I wish I had a house right at that place. I would never leave and I would enjoy the view every time. Such a magnificent view you got there. I am really jealous. I hope you are doing great. Have a great time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @HBCcruiser and @MorganClarkfor this terrific thread! I genuinely enjoyed following along and learned a lot! You got my attention early on when you shared that you flew out of Grand Rapids airport! My dad grew up in Holland MI, windmills, wooden shoes and stunning Lake Michigan. Enjoy your time in Nassau, and safe travels home.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

Here's a question abour Verify.  My husband and I set up our account and it let us set up the Charlotte to Nassau leg of the trip, but the airport in Nassau didn't show up when we tried to set that one up.  Do you suppose that we have to do that one "after" we get to Nassau?  Thank you.

Nevermind.  I figured it out:)  Thank you for the suggestion to use VeriFLY.

Yeah that was confusing for me also..  For anyone else reading this, you have to go to Search and then add “A Trip to the USA”.

22 hours ago, Akina13 said:

It was crowded! Thankfully we did VeriFLY and got through in minutes and not hours. It was a mad house! If you are flying American they have a separate line for VeriFLY and we only had 2 ppl in front of us. The security line wasn’t soo bad. And customs was a breeze as we have global entry. 

It was a total cluster! YES get VeriFLY. It will cut your time in line. NOTE: you must create a new trip in the VeriFLY app to enter the US. Also, get Global if you can.

So many flights were delayed yesterday so people were taxing the limited food and airport facilities. We wound up sitting on the floor. Luckily our flight was not delayed. We would have gotten home by 10 PM but we sat on the tarmac in LA for over an hour. THAT airport is a total mess. Be warned for those flying in and out of LA - the construction is worse. Allow a lot of extra time. We did not get home until 11:30 PM which was 2:30 AM Nassau time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CTGen04 said:

Thank you so much @HBCcruiser and @MorganClarkfor this terrific thread! I genuinely enjoyed following along and learned a lot! You got my attention early on when you shared that you flew out of Grand Rapids airport! My dad grew up in Holland MI, windmills, wooden shoes and stunning Lake Michigan. Enjoy your time in Nassau, and safe travels home.

Thanks for following along. We all had a great cruise. Everything was perfect except for the WiFi. Our cabin was aft and for some reason we had really poor service there. It was great meeting people. Due to the small number of passengers you wind up seeing the same people and getting to know them. 😃

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 3:26 AM, MorganClark said:

Asta la vista baby! Thanks again to everyone who followed this "LIVE" thread. I disembark in about an hour and 15 min (7:45 am). Then, 3 more nights at the Holiday Inn Express before I fly back to Michigan on Tuesday (7/27).

Enjoy!! The cruise went by so fast. Don’t forget to have that second antigen test. If your hotel does not offer it walk next door to the Hilton. They had it. Talk to you soon on our other thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CTGen04 said:

Thanks! I defer all credit for this LIVE thread to @HBCcruiser, who started (& posted to) it.

Yeah, I live in Muskegon, right up 31 from Holland (where your dad grew up). Where do you live? For this cruise, I pretty much had to fly of Grand Rapids because of the connecting flights. Delta connecting in Atlanta was the best choice (shorter layover & decent airfare). But, I am trying to book with United because they have a "shuttle" flight (United Express) to/from Muskegon Airport from/to Chicago O'Hare Airport. From O'Hara, you can fly anywhere. As  matter of fact, for my next cruise (Celebrity Edge, Oct 2-9, 2021 out of Port Everglades), I will be flying out United out of Muskegon. But, for this particular cruise, flying Delta out of GR was the best choice (for the aforementioned reasons).

Yeah, since I am so close to Holland, I have a pair of formal wooden water shoes. I should've worn them to formal night dinner when I lost my regular shoes on Adventure of the Seas. @RumRunner2021 and @oteixeiraknow what I'm talking about 😉.

Edited by MorganClark

On 7/24/2021 at 6:37 AM, MorganClark said:

I think I read somebody post that the filet at Giovanni's was better than Chops!

IMO it was. We would up changing some of our Chops reservation to Giovani’s. We preferred the food and staff there. A really fun group! BTW don’t forget to fill out the Royal survey and mention special staff members by name. It help them with salary and promotions. There were so many on this cruise. Luckily my DD wrote all of their names down. 

The filet:

8B429CC0-32BC-4EF7-946F-C6B899E3E836.jpeg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Since the antigen test you got on the Adventure will be more than 3 days old when you fly home, do you have to get another one while in Nassau?

Yes. Fortunately, the receptionist here at the Holiday Inn Express told me that they have a mobile medical team that will be here in the lobby giving rapid covid antigen tests tomorrow (Mon) afternoon at 3 pm. I'll probably have to pay for it though.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I'm afflicted with the same problem.

So am I. 😣 Heading back to the grind tomorrow. One thing about work, it has been really hard trying to reschedule all of the cancelled cruises within the Dec 22 timeline. Anyone else’s have that same issue? It’s like trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was a total cluster! YES get VeriFLY. It will cut your time in line. NOTE: you must create a new trip in the VeriFLY app to enter the US. Also, get Global if you can.

So many flights were delayed yesterday so people were taxing the limited food and airport facilities. We wound up sitting on the floor. Luckily our flight was not delayed. We would have gotten home by 10 PM but we sat on the tarmac in LA for over an hour. THAT airport is a total mess. Be warned for those flying in and out of LA - the construction is worse. Allow a lot of extra time. We did not get home until 11:30 PM which was 2:30 AM Nassau time. 

@Akina13

Even though I didn't use VeriFLY when I flew in to Nassau, can I download the app and use it for my return flight (to Grand Rapids, MI) in order to by-pass the mess/congestion  at Nassau airport? Also, how about Global? (I didn't use Global for my flight to Nassau either). Is it worth it to have both?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks! I defer all credit for this LIVE thread to @HBCcruiser, who started (& posted to) i

Thanks but credit goes to you and others who posted. The group “LIVE” was started because I knew I’d be busy with the fam. It’s been great to see everyone’s experience with the AOS. I think we all had a great time, felt safe the entire time, loved the staff, food and drinks, and agree that we experienced cruise history with having only 1100 on board. 😎

• Like 4