LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

Departing Freeport and on our way for the last short leg of this cruise back to AOS's temporary homeport of Nassau;

20210723_163309.jpg

You can see why alot of passengers just stay on the ship in Freeport. More of an industrial port than a tourist one. Offshore oil terminal with 2 oil tankers tied up there (maybe @CptAleSpillis on board one of them, ready to spill his ale, lol);

20210723_163347.jpg

Another perspective as we passed by the offshore terminal;

20210723_163457.jpg

Oil tank farm (anybody interested in an excursion of the oil tank farm? I thought not);

20210723_163332.jpg

I think Royal makes Freeport a port stop to refuel and reprovision the AOS for her next cruise, more than providing passengers with the next exotic island destination. Freeport is the opposite of exotic.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 3

I met up with @Akina13and her husband for a "farewell drink" up at the Royal Viking Crown Lounge. I needed to get there and check it out anyway because it was the only bar I hadn't been to yet this cruise;

20210723_180255.jpg

Another view inside the Royal Viking Crown Lounge;

20210723_180243.jpg

And, my final pic of this cruise and LIVE thread has to be a towel animal, right? What animal is this (I have no clue, lol)?;

20210723_203343.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came along for the ride with us virtually on this Adventure of the Seas cruise. Bottom line, this cruise was fantastic and the crew & hotel staff aboard AOS were awesome! They continually went "above and beyond" to please. You could tell they were extremely happy & grateful to be back. Again, major props to @HBCcruiser for starting and posting to this thread. Until next time (for me, Celebrity Edge, Oct 2-9, 2021), adieu (I don't even know French).

20210723_180243.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Didn't Becci boo post one?

Here's one;

20210724_053952.jpg

I know, I'm not as gorgeous as Leo but if this is good for Leo, it's good for meo. And, I'm missing Rose (Kate Winslow). There's even that car in front of the Cafe Promenade that I could've "hooked up" with her in 😉

Btw, it was too hard to do the famous Leo & Kate "Titanic pose" as a selfies. So, you guys will have to settle for the pic above of my ugly mug.

Funny, the crewmember on the bridge (not sure if it was the deck watch officer or a lower ranking crewmember), threw out the flood light just as I was approaching the bow. At first, I thought he was being nice and lighting up the deck & stairs for me but I guess once he saw it was just Morgan Clark, he shut the flood light back down, putting me back in the dark (it was about 5:30 am and still dark out).

But hey, mission accomplished! I got up to the bow on AOS. I' very got a couple of other pics U took from the bow. I'll post those next.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Here are the other pics I took from up on the bow. The bridge up on top of the superstructure. And no, I did not use my word of the day calendar for the word "superstructure";

20210724_053438.jpg

Crystal Serenity docked next to us (stbd side);

20210724_053556.jpg

Hard to see but this is looking down at the water right over the bow;

20210724_053721.jpg

Mast, radar antenna and the RCI company flag with that famous crown & anchor logo;

20210724_054136.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6

Asta la vista baby! Thanks again to everyone who followed this "LIVE" thread. I disembark in about an hour and 15 min (7:45 am). Then, 3 more nights at the Holiday Inn Express before I fly back to Michigan on Tuesday (7/27).

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks to you both. :classic_biggrin: Turkey. :classic_biggrin: 

@ReneeFLL

Turkey?

LOL, it just dawned on me why you posted "turkey". A guess at the last towel animal. For a sec, I thought you were calling me a turkey (which I am. Gobble, gobble).

When I go back to my stateroom, I'll take a closer look at that towel animal and see if I see a turkey.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Haha 2

We are leaving the ship at 9:30. Our flight is at 2:30. It’s going to be a long day. I’ll have our final breakfast in Giovanni’s then head up to the suite lounge for our departure. Thanks for following along. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are leaving the ship at 9:30. Our flight is at 2:30. It’s going to be a long day. I’ll have our final breakfast in Giovanni’s then head up to the suite lounge for our departure. Thanks for following along. 

That's right, you guys have to fly all the way out to Socal. Safe travels to you & your family/friends. Thanks again for starting and posting to this thread.

• Like 2

Sad turkey. Guess we are the turkeys for having to leave this wonderful ship. I hope everyone feels comfortable cruising. The staff and cruise line have great safe protocols in place. 

We will be back. 

8A2CB2F2-4311-4A35-92F7-C28F8D38C9E3.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, MorganClark said:

That's right, you guys have to fly all the way out to Socal. Safe travels to you & your family/friends. Thanks again for starting and posting to this thread.

Thanks for joining in. The shared group experience made it fun! Sorry we couldn’t hang more, but this cruise was for my girls. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks for joining in. The shared group experience made it fun! Sorry we couldn’t hang more, but this cruise was for my girls. 

Totally understand. That's why I wanted to give you guys "space". I'm glad you had great quality time with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had one of these shared threads when I was on an Adventure sailing. They do turn out to be fun. No need to apologize for spending time with your family.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

@ReneeFLL

Turkey?

LOL, it just dawned on me why you posted "turkey". A guess at the last towel animal. For a sec, I thought you were calling me a turkey (which I am. Gobble, gobble).

When I go back to my stateroom, I'll take a closer look at that towel animal and see if I see a turkey.

@Coralc, @ReneeFLL

Turkey it is! Confirmed by @HBCcruiser

Both you guys win a beer from me (from my next drink package, lol). 

20210724_073011.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4

Thanks y’all, for all the sharing! Now to live vicariously thru others until December. 😁

I am traveling to see family for the first time since 2019 in September and thinking, “I could have booked a cruise instead!” 😂

Not really. 🙂

Well, not really most of the time.

Okay, not really some of the time.  Let’s leave it there. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks y’all, for all the sharing! Now to live vicariously thru others until December. 😁

I am traveling to see family for the first time since 2019 in September and thinking, “I could have booked a cruise instead!” 😂

Not really. 🙂

Well, not really most of the time.

Okay, not really some of the time.  Let’s leave it there. 😁

Should've booked a cruise and taken your family with you! Problem solved. Your welcome.

• Like 1

O.k., my parting "shots". <- ( see what I did there? Shots = camera shots?).

As I walked down the pier, I was able to get this shot of AOS's stbd bow (name clearly visible);

20210724_075642.jpg

I do love me a good-looking tug boat. Appropriately named "Samson" due to the tug's strength (hp). You have to be strong to push & pull (tow) those "behemoth" Oasis-class ships that call at Nassau;

20210724_075741.jpg

A final look at Crystal Serenity and Adventure of the Seas;

20210724_080013.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think that portion of the front of the ship is ALWAYS CLOSED OFF(Safety Concerns)  because of copycats trying to take pictures and not wanting to see an accident.

I, too, have gone to the bow on several cruise ships.  Have a bunch of pictures of us on helipad too!

The only time I've seen it closed is during bad weather.

• Like 2