LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

9 minutes ago, bstel said:

that is not AoS.  I can't remember ship it is but I walked by it many times in June on my cruise.

Your right. It dawned on my after looking at the side of our ship (AOS). I check out that model again and report back. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 hours ago, Akina13 said:

Just popping in to post our formal night pics at Giovanni’s. It was ok….hubby liked his steak. My pasta was ok..i would probably skip this the next time but the dessert was really good. I also liked the Royal coffee. 

2CCF0B4C-160E-47CD-9108-8B9D38F2459F.jpeg

677FF95B-72DF-4AA4-BCEA-AAF8A05D038D.jpeg

C35A9AF2-794B-4D09-AEF2-2301495DE7AC.jpeg

ED87FE19-FE49-4906-8280-D43328DD3181.jpeg

3E9FFEC3-5FD2-4CD4-BD77-16D1C46BEDFF.jpeg

DF0CE0E9-A542-434A-8C89-13F7C6409210.jpeg

Hi I have a question about Giovanni's .  Do you order a pasta and an entree or is it one or the other? Thanks

12 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Probably not. But I consider a place called "Dick and Willy's".

🙂

Dude, relax. I hadn't even finished the post yet before you quoted it. And, since you seem to like to correct me, your reply should've been; "But I would consider a place called "Dick and Willy's". 🙂

Edited by MorganClark
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think that portion of the front of the ship is ALWAYS CLOSED OFF(Safety Concerns)  because of copycats trying to take pictures and not wanting to see an accident.

That is not the case at all. I've spent plenty of time on the bow.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s a single deck bulk carrier that carries ore. Now I’m really out of guesses. 🍹

I think you've probably picked up on the fact that the Great Lakes cargo "ore" is a key part of solving this mystery (this is fun, thanks for playing. This is like a Great Lakes shipping trivia game). I won't drag this out much further and keep you in suspense. Just a little bit longer to see if someone can get the answer knowing "ore" is key.

Edited by MorganClark

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

when I went up there, the sign said due to wind conditions. I'm guessing that they close it off when the ship is fully underway and open it back up when the ship is in port.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I think you've probably picked up on the fact that the Great Lakes cargo "ore" is a key part of solving this mystery (this is fun, thanks for playing. This is like a Great Lakes shipping trivia game). I won't drag this out much further and keep you in suspense. Just a little bit longer to see if someone can get the answer knowing "ore" is key.

Is this a play on the words ore and oar? Row, row, row your boat…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly said:

Hi I have a question about Giovanni's .  Do you order a pasta and an entree or is it one or the other? Thanks

It was one of the entrees. It was Luke warm. It was …ok. It wasn’t bad but not something I would go out of my way to order again. I don’t eat a lot of meat do that has a lot to do with it. It wasn’t bad. Just wasn’t overly good either 

9 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

when I went up there, the sign said due to wind conditions. I'm guessing that they close it off when the ship is fully underway and open it back up when the ship is in port.

The boy is right, we go there all the time on the open water

Voyager APR 2008 027.jpg

17 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

when I went up there, the sign said due to wind conditions

Sometimes when we go it's extremely windy, even being able to bend toward the bow windy!😳  I have a vid of that but can't locate it right now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't mean heli port area, yes that is open sometimes but not that place on extreme bow when the ship is at sea moving.

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They carry their cargo in contiguous holds and not packed in containers?

No, but nice use of the term "contiguous holds". Very salty. I like it. Keep trying (not much longer until I divulge the answer, unless someone gets it first).