LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

hmm, a platypus? or echidna.

Nope. Guess again. Lol, I just realized that I said "this fella" and "had bedroom eyes". Scratch the "had bedroom eyes" part. I'm just not into dudes (not that there is anything wrong with that).

• Haha 3

Here's a couple of nice shots of the Centrum;

20210722_081922.jpg

Looking up in the Centrum;

20210722_082047.jpg

There's a "secret staircase" on deck 4, all the way forward. The stairs lead up to the open bow area (where the helo pad is) that is accessible by passengers (and allowed). However, as you can see by the sign, they closed it down due to strong winds (and it's not even that windy).

20210722_094533.jpg

Yours truly, on my balcony. Look, there's a cup of coffee magically balancing itself on my balcony railing;

20210722_102028.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just did a Google search to verify the sugar content.  Assuming that you can trust the internet, Fireball has 11g of sugar per shot, and Jack Fire has 8g.  Better, but still not good.  I'll stick with my bourbon.

I may have to rethink this. Though, as I said, I don't have much I might decide to have none.

41 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

There's a "secret staircase" on deck 4, all the way forward. The stairs lead up to the open bow area (where the helo pad is) that is accessible by passengers (and allowed). However, as you can see by the sign, they closed it down due to strong winds (and it's not even that windy).

20210722_094533.jpg

I get really frustrated when it is closed. It is a favorite place of mine to spend some time.

• Like 1

At the pool having mojitos. Our concierge is a miracle worker! We were supposed to have lunch at Giovanni s but there is a private event so they moved us to Chops. We are all chopped out! I requested Izumi but it was booked. She made it happen!!

E87E4458-324D-4428-AF9C-A225A47DD6B3.jpeg

66BFB736-A215-429B-8FDA-80DF992DF33C.jpeg

245DA843-8ADC-4F1C-9985-CA7AF0E54AA6.jpeg

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

And what are those little things floating in the oil & vinegar? It is roasted quinoa?  :classic_smile:

That was this chef's take on Scallop Carpaccio.   Just no.  That and the tomato soup look very disappointing and nothing like what I had at the Chef's Table the past few times.  I hope the wine was spectacular, since these courses look disappointing.   I'm sorry they weren't better.

Thanks for sharing guys! I'm living vicariously through you!  😁

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

That was this chef's take on Scallop Carpaccio.   Just no.  That and the tomato soup look very disappointing and nothing like what I had at the Chef's Table the past few times.  I hope the wine was spectacular, since these courses look disappointing.   I'm sorry they weren't better.

Thanks for sharing guys! I'm living vicariously through you!  😁

Actually the tomato soup was good. I did not like the first 2 courses way too salty for me! The last 3 were quite good but NOT as good as the Wine Makers or Chefs Dinner on Princess IMO of course. The wine was good but too many whites and only 1 red. I am a big bold full bodied red girl.😜I just drank that mostly. The chocolate martini was good too. 

Everything is included in the price. You can drink as much wine as you want. 

• Like 4

Are masks required while on RCL excursions in Cozumel? Particularly,  the Fury Catamaran excursion. We are on upcoming Adventure sailing. I understand masking while in town, but if we have to wear masks while actually on the catamaran, we would cancel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

Are masks required while on RCL excursions in Cozumel? Particularly,  the Fury Catamaran excursion. We are on upcoming Adventure sailing. I understand masking while in town, but if we have to wear masks while actually on the catamaran, we would cancel.

Did this excursion a month ago. Once we were on board, the Captain gave his required speech and told us we could remove our masks until we got back to land. We didn't have to wear them on the beach either.

On a side note, If you plan to leave a tip for the crew, you may want to (somehow) bring some money for the people serving drinks on the beach. This, of course, is entirely up to you.

Edited by cruisingpeople

11 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The chocolate martini was good too. 

The chocolate martini is yummy!  I wish it was at the beginning of the meal, since I usually can't finish because I'm so full (and tipsy).  The dessert too.  I think all meals should BEGIN with dessert.  😃

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Here's a couple of nice shots of the Centrum;

20210722_081922.jpg

Looking up in the Centrum;

20210722_082047.jpg

20210722_094533.jpg

Yours truly, on my balcony. Look, there's a cup of coffee magically balancing itself on my balcony railing;

20210722_102028.jpg

Y'all are very lucky.  I just looked on Cruise Mapper and it showed only .1m/.4m seas all the way to Freeport.  We are getting hammered with really brutal t-storms right now in SAV.  😲

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just did a Google search to verify the sugar content.  Assuming that you can trust the internet, Fireball has 11g of sugar per shot, and Jack Fire has 8g.  Better, but still not good.  I'll stick with my bourbon.

Never a question....  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1