LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

20 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I want to request Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" but I doubt Kieron would know that one. Plus, it's probably bad luck to sing about a ship that sunk when you're on a ship that hasn't.

Just let him that the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just let him that the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee.

Gordon was a great Canadian troubadour. Time has not been so kind to him though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, poocher said:

Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early

Anyone who doesn’t know the song would be rather surprised hearing the lyrics coming out of the pub. 

I’m looking forward to the chef’s table photos. 

• Like 1

Chef's Table usually done in the Dining Room? or is it done in one of the Speciality Restaurant's?

Are you sitting with just your party or with other passengers you don't know?

Edited by Jimbo

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Chef's Table usually done in the Dining Room? or is it done in one of the Speciality Restaurant's?

Are you sitting with just your party or with other passengers you don't know?

Where Chefs Table is held is ship specific — on Adventure it’s held in the MDR.  If there is space available, you can book your entire party, but usually you are sitting with others you don’t know.  The one Chefs Table video review that I’ve seen post covid, indicated that they are still doing mixed passengers.  No doubt HBCcruiser will update with her experience and if there are differences in play currently.  They serve a lot of wine, so it’s possible she will update us tomorrow 😂

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Wines have always been included.  We have 3 on the books and I went back and looked at the description and it does not say food only. It even lists the wines served with each course (although I assume the food and wines will change) 

Both times we had the Chef's Table wine was included. It wasn't the top quality bottles, but fine for us.

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

On my cruise planner, it did say it included food only.  Now, that language has been removed.  It was confusing because it also listed the wines, and said the meal was paired with wine.  Most likely a mix up when updating details on the website.

I think you are right. That had to be the case. I always understand that the Chef's Table was a multi course and wine paring event.

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On Adventure it is on the 3rd level of the MDR. It's a nice tucked away spot but can be noisy.

Here is our Chef's Table on Adventure in 2017.

IMG_3335.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’ve changed the Chefs Table menu. I’m sure it was fun though.  I always enjoy the company. 

Same menu has we had. Still great food. I would eat it again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Both times we had the Chef's Table wine was included. It wasn't the top quality bottles, but fine for us.

I think you are right. That had to be the case. I always understand that the Chef's Table was a multi course and wine paring event.

Exactly, that’s why I was so puzzled by the details in the cruise planner.  I re-read it three times, because it just didn’t seem right.

• Like 1

It kind of doesn’t look that great.  But I’m thinking the wine is ok?  Lol.  Figures.  I’ve been wanting to do a chefs table for years, but for a variety of reasons, it’s never been the right time.  The second week of this B2B would have been perfect.  But honestly, I think one of the specialty restaurants might be a better value, even if we’ve been to several the week before.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I don't know what's in that chocolate ball, but I want it in my belly.

It was sooooooo good! Hard dark chocolate shell. He poured hot caramel on top and it melted to show vanilla ice cream and other yummy stuff!!! Yes 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was sooooooo good! Hard dark chocolate shell. He poured hot caramel on top and it melted to show vanilla ice cream and other yummy stuff!!! Yes 

Yum!!

• Like 1