LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

After getting "beat up" and tossed around in that speed boat yesterday, I took it easy and just "chilled" last evening/night. I didn't even drink (except for 1 glass of wine at dinner). I know, shocking right? I gave my liver the night off. I took a stroll down the Royal Promenade. Stopped off at Ben & Jerry's for a cup of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream;

20210721_203714.jpg

To eat my ice cream, I sat behind and right next to this classic car in Cafe Promenade;

20210721_213830.jpg

While on the Royal Promenade, I stopped in at the RCI logo store and bought this to start sporting on deck;;

20210721_215038.jpg

When I got back to my "home away from home", I found this fella waiting for me on my bed with those "bedroom eyes". Any guesses?;

20210721_214948.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

After getting "beat up" and tossed around in that speed boat yesterday, I took it easy and just "chilled" last evening/night. I didn't even drink (except for 1 glass of wine at dinner). I know, shocking right? I gave my liver the night off. I took a stroll down the Royal Promenade. Stopped off at Ben & Jerry's for a cup of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream;

20210721_203714.jpg

To eat my ice cream, I sat behind and right next to this classic car in Cafe Promenade;

20210721_213830.jpg

While on the Royal Promenade, I stopped in at the RCI logo store and bought this to start sporting on deck;;

20210721_215038.jpg

When I got back to my "home away from home", I found this fella waiting for me on my bed with those "bedroom eyes". Any guesses?;

20210721_214948.jpg

My guess is some type of seal/walrus/sea lion. We don't have those fellas on the East Coast, so if any of the above answers are in the ballpark I call it a win.

Came across this shirt online and it made me think of you for some reason...

1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

My guess is some type of seal/walrus/sea lion. We don't have those fellas on the East Coast, so if any of the above answers are in the ballpark I call it a win.

You are telling me that we don't have seals?🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Came across this shirt online and it made me think of you for some reason...

1.jpg

Yeah, wrt the fella (towel animal) on my bed last night, to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100 % sure what it is either, lol. I bet @HBCcruiserknows. But, I think I have an idea of what it is. I think the head is a bit small to be a seal/walrus/sea lion and also, (* hint) it appears to have a beak. Guess again.

That's an awesome t-shirt and would make for an awesome cruising t-shirt. Will you buy one for me as a present? It would be like one small fury animal giving another small fury animal a piece of cheese. 😉

Edited by MorganClark
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I can still sing most of it from memory.  Truly a great ballad

I'm comfortable in my masculinity to admit that that Ballard actually brings a tear(s) to my eye when I listen to it.

Btw - I visited the Great Lakes shipwreck museum in the U.P. (Michigan) and saw the actual ship's bell that was brought up by divers off the Edmund Fitzgerald in Lake Superior.

• Like 2

Good morning! Stepped out onto my balcony thus morning and thus is what it looked like;

20210722_073500.jpg

It's going to be a gorgeous day! Seas are calm ( no ship movement at all. Feels like I'm in a hotel on land!).

I feel some pool action coming on today (rocking AC/DC).

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, wrt the fella (towel animal) on my bed last night, to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100 % sure what it is either, lol. I bet @HBCcruiserknows. But, I think I have an idea of what it is. I think the head is a bit small to be a seal/walrus/sea lion and also, (* hint) it appears to have a beak. Guess again.

That's an awesome t-shirt and would make for an awesome cruising t-shirt. Will you buy one for me as a present? It would be like one small fury animal giving another small fury animal a piece of cheese. 😉

Duck-billed Platypus... Lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I’ll ask but I’m going with Penguin too. Getting Covid test at 11. Super fun🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MorganClark said:

20210721_203714.jpg

20210721_214948.jpg

Penguin or seagull

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I like Fireball. I never bothered spending more for the JD version to see if it was better.

I just did a Google search to verify the sugar content.  Assuming that you can trust the internet, Fireball has 11g of sugar per shot, and Jack Fire has 8g.  Better, but still not good.  I'll stick with my bourbon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’ll ask but I’m going with Penguin too. Getting Covid test at 11. Super fun🤪

I'll ask my stateroom attendant, as well.

Btw - already had my covid rapid antigen test and it came back negative. I can come back into the U.S. again and don't have to move to Nassau, Bahamas.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1