Positive Message for Oasis Sept. 5 sail from Bayonne.

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just checked my email and got the royal up offer for our 9.26 sailing.   We are in a large balcony hump cabin.

Tempted to bid on a JS or GS since it will be our first sailing since feb 2020.

Can I ask what the minimum bids are for the suites?  I am also in a large balcony hump cabin in October.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I posted I got a royal up the day after my cruise was cancelled. I was told its sent out by a separate company, not by rcl. 

One of the reasons I booked our next couple of cruises on Royal was watching NCL push upgrades and extras on cruises that clearly were never going to sail.  Cruise Critic folks have a bit of an "inside track" but the cruising general public can and did get taken advantage of.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

One of the reasons I booked our next couple of cruises on Royal was watching NCL push upgrades and extras on cruises that clearly were never going to sail.  Cruise Critic folks have a bit of an "inside track" but the cruising general public can and did get taken advantage of.  

I'm pretty sure my next cruises are a go. All the ships I will be on have either started or will soon.

I'm for sure not buying nclh stock the way they are acting about restarting. Turned me off. I'll stick to royal and carnival. 

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm pretty sure my next cruises are a go. All the ships I will be on have either started or will soon.

I'm for sure not buying nclh stock the way they are acting about restarting. Turned me off. I'll stick to royal and carnival. 

Yes, didn't mean to be overly negative.  We are all hopeful.  We have five booked and the first is Anthem out of our home port (Bayonne/NYC) in January so as to keep things as uncomplicated as possible.  I will need clarity on masks and shore excursions before making final payment though.  Not going to spend money on an inferior experience. 

As my topic says positive news, but the question in back of my mind: sure they are doing test runs, but does RCL have some tacit approval from the Port Authority to sail under some generally agreed protocols.

We had a cruise scheduled for August on the Oasis.  Decided a few months ago to cancel as we doubted the port of authority in NY/NJ would allow the sailings.  Hopefully, next August we can sail from Bayonne as we enjoy leaving from NJ in the summer.

We will be at an AI in cancun in August- but next August, probably back to NJ cruise.  Enjoy!

• Like 1