Please post communications received from Princess

cr8tiv1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

@cr8tiv1, I just went into our voyage where DMW is still working and I was able to go into individual night selection, and make a res for Specialty Dining.  I carried on past the time selection to the Payment Method page and beside offering me my loaded Credit Card, I saw at the bottom that it recognized we each have a dining credit and the amount owing shows $0.  This functionality appears to be working 100% as expected.  I backed out and did not complete the res.

Thanks for posting this.  I was able to get to the final screen for our promo specialty dining reservation only to see that the charges were backed out for 7 out of 8 of the members of our party.  For some reason, it doesn't recognize the promo for one of the kids (ages 7 1/2 and almost 3; I can't tell which one).  I will try again after the latest update but I am totally dreading a long time on hold and then most likely utter confusion on what to do to correct the error.  It is only $12.50 but there is a principle at stake.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Thanks for posting this.  I was able to get to the final screen for our promo specialty dining reservation only to see that the charges were backed out for 7 out of 8 of the members of our party.  For some reason, it doesn't recognize the promo for one of the kids (ages 7 1/2 and almost 3; I can't tell which one).  I will try again after the latest update but I am totally dreading a long time on hold and then most likely utter confusion on what to do to correct the error.  It is only $12.50 but there is a principle at stake.

You could let it charge you the $12.50 and then sort it out on board.  You should get a $12.50 OBC.  Or book it and then wait on the phone to get credited back.  GL.

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If you can make a reservation for everyone else, I'd locked that in.  Not hard to add one more person (child).  Be sure to reserve a large table.  

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You could let it charge you the $12.50 and then sort it out on board.  You should get a $12.50 OBC.  Or book it and then wait on the phone to get credited back.  GL.

I decided to do the former and pressed reserve and received a generic error message.  So I logged back into that date and received the "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature."  I give up for now.  The cruise isn't until next July and there is no point in getting worked up over it now. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, capriccio said:

I decided to do the former and pressed reserve and received a generic error message.  So I logged back into that date and received the "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature."  I give up for now.  The cruise isn't until next July and there is no point in getting worked up over it now. 

Because I just can't give up I tried again today and was able to reserve the promo specialty dining for our group of 8 on the July 2022.  It still gives a credit for only 7 of the 8 diners and charged me for one of the kids.  I've made hard copies of the Travel Summaries for all of us showing the promo dinner and will bring them with us.  Until then, I'm finished with DMW!

• Like 1

capriccio:  Congratulations on succeeding with your reservation.  

Until then, I'm finished with DMW!

Famous last words...but I check everyday just to be sure it is still green checked.  

After a week of waiting, I finally received a response to my lengthy 3 page letter outlining my displeasure with the changes.  I won't display the entire email since some of it only pertains to me.  But here are a few "highlights".

• Priority boarding Platinum and Elite guests will continue to enjoy the Platinum and

Elite lounge and priority boarding within their arrival group.

• as well as, the MedallionNet App not being user friendly at this time. Princess Cruises strives to provide our guests with the best experience pre & post cruise and we appreciate your feedback.

I would strongly recommend everyone fill out the comment cards after their cruise, both the good and the bad.  

Today, my Medallion Class APP is behaving.  But I have not made any changes.  I made final payment today too.  Hope that throws me into the arrival group selection (wishful thinking).

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

After a week of waiting, I finally received a response to my lengthy 3 page letter outlining my displeasure with the changes.  I won't display the entire email since some of it only pertains to me.  But here are a few "highlights".

• Priority boarding Platinum and Elite guests will continue to enjoy the Platinum and

Elite lounge and priority boarding within their arrival group.

• as well as, the MedallionNet App not being user friendly at this time. Princess Cruises strives to provide our guests with the best experience pre & post cruise and we appreciate your feedback.

I would strongly recommend everyone fill out the comment cards after their cruise, both the good and the bad.  

Today, my Medallion Class APP is behaving.  But I have not made any changes.  I made final payment today too.  Hope that throws me into the arrival group selection (wishful thinking).

I believe you got a boiler-plate response.  They realize there is an issue with selecting Arrival Groups now which ignores priority.  Priority within Arrival Group means nothing.  By 11:30am 90+% of time general boarding is underway, so no staying in lounges.  They are trying to avoid congregating in the terminals.  And waiting in a lounge in the early group (first one) doesn't mean much if you are in the second group as the first group will go on board.

I believe at some point they will address the priority better.  AFAI am concerned, there is no true priority, other than the check-in lines and that is only good for first few processed.  Non-status will be boarding early under this new scheme.  Is what it is for now.

Edited by Steelers36

I was surprised that the response I received was not a truly canned email.  There were references to my specific concerns.  Other than that, it was "I hear you, but we are not going to do anything about it...thank you very much."

UPDATE.  Went back into app.  Opened #5 (Health Status).  Recheck that I was vaccinated....Upload button appeared.  First attempt froze my phone.  Second attempt wrong orientation.  Third attempt...a winner.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was surprised that the response I received was not a truly canned email.  There were references to my specific concerns.  Other than that, it was "I hear you, but we are not going to do anything about it...thank you very much."

UPDATE.  Went back into app.  Opened #5 (Health Status).  Recheck that I was vaccinated....Upload button appeared.  First attempt froze my phone.  Second attempt wrong orientation.  Third attempt...a winner.  

Yep. Just checked. It's there alright. Doesn't freaking work though. I tried using a file. Nope. I tried using the camera. Takes the pic. Seems to be there. Won't save no matter what. Can't progress. GAH!!! The only real question here is why did I ever think this might work?  I really should know better by now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  If it isn't too  personal, I am curious what areas or things did they say weren't going to do anything about?  Thus far, I am under impression they are going to address some key issues and features not addressed thus far in MC App or DMW.  I do know they wont' be going back to Cruise Personalizer for items moved to MC App - and won't surprise me if they manage to move even more.

20 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yep. Just checked. It's there alright. Doesn't freaking work though. I tried using a file. Nope. I tried using the camera. Takes the pic. Seems to be there. Won't save no matter what. Can't progress. GAH!!! The only real question here is why did I ever think this might work?  I really should know better by now.

First time I got into Health Status section after it was released, I found taking camera pic did not actually take as wouldn't let me save.  I then shot the doc with camera and next time in I selected file upload and selected the saved photo.  Worked.  

(Then doc upload disappeared for a while and earlier today I went through the Health thing again and again uploaded the photo file I already had.  Saved NP.  Maybe I should try a photo again just for fun.  I am starting to feel like I am testing this thing for them but I am not on the OCEAN team).

Our next cruise is March 2022.  I was just able to load our CDC cards via my I-phone.  Everything worked well and I could see the uploaded documentation.  I just went back in to check after reading the recent posts and while the 'last update' on the Health Status screen is noted as 7/20/2021 (while it is still 7/19/2021 on the east coast; maybe they are using GMT?), the system is prompting me to upload the documentation (again).  I won't - at least not anytime soon.  And, as a final (at least for tonight) indignity, I got the white screen when logging off. 

I have the feeling that Android users are at the bottom of the list. Up until sometime mid 2020 Android had a majority of users over iOS. Now I think they are about even percentage of users. Why would such a huge number of people be relegated to second class status?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Our next cruise is March 2022.  I was just able to load our CDC cards via my I-phone.  Everything worked well and I could see the uploaded documentation.  I just went back in to check after reading the recent posts and while the 'last update' on the Health Status screen is noted as 7/20/2021 (while it is still 7/19/2021 on the east coast; maybe they are using GMT?), the system is prompting me to upload the documentation (again).  I won't - at least not anytime soon.  And, as a final (at least for tonight) indignity, I got the white screen when logging off. 

When/If I go back into the Health Status section, it is noted Complete.  If I select EDIT button, it takes me into the form list of questions, but nothing is filled out - it's like you start over if want to update or change an answer. 

Also, if I go into Health Status and then decide to back out, I do get what I would have called the WSOD (White Screen of Death).  Only in this case, it is not quite dead.  I have Samsung S10 Android and if I do a small sweep up with a finger, the command menu that that has "|||" on the left, a rounded square in the middle and a "<" on the right pops up.  I tap on the "<" and the App returns back to the Travel Checklist screen in OceanReady (where I "entered" into Health Status details).  So, App not killed.

ETA:  If you are noted as COMPLETE, just trust the data is there even though you cannot review it.  I know, I know.  How can I say something as blasphemous as trust Princess IT.  😉

Edited by Steelers36

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have the feeling that Android users are at the bottom of the list. Up until sometime mid 2020 Android had a majority of users over iOS. Now I think they are about even percentage of users. Why would such a huge number of people be relegated to second class status?

Hmm... I guess Apple dominates in Japan and USA, but not elsewhere.  Maybe that is why US development focuses on Apple.  Didn't know this.  Android is tops overall, but not in these two countries.  I do notice on TV or other broadcast shows/films that they tend to have actors using Apple gear, so it always seems to me Apple owns Hollywood for product placement - even in settings where Apple equipment wouldn't normally dominate.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/ios-more-popular-in-japan-and-us-android-dominates-in-china-and-india

Edited by Steelers36

Dear All.

Let me begin by saying that I want to be on a cruise with all of you.  If anything, Princess has brought us all closer together by creating an app that causes consternations for EVERYONE.  

I have an iPhone, but have also run into my share of issues.  I am going to take Steelers' advice:

ETA:  If you are noted as COMPLETE, just trust the data is there even though you cannot review it.  I know, I know.  How can I say something as blasphemous as trust Princess IT.  😉

I will admit that I am an APPLE person.  Had one of the first publicly sold computers back in the 70's.  Not fanatical (don't need to buy the latest and greatest).  Did not buy the stock when it was $10/share.  By no means an expert.  But I muddle through issues or spend hours with APPLE support.  Unfortunately, Princess' OCEAN Navigators are pretty useless.  So we band together and wallow in our misery.

Edited 1 hour ago by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  If it isn't too  personal, I am curious what areas or things did they say weren't going to do anything about?  Thus far, I am under impression they are going to address some key issues and features not addressed thus far in MC App or DMW.  I do know they wont' be going back to Cruise Personalizer for items moved to MC App - and won't surprise me if they manage to move even more.

There is a disclaimer in the letter Princess sent to me"If you are not an intended recipient, you are not authorized to review, use, disclose or copy any of its contents."

For this reason, I am going to reveal the contents of my communication with Princess.  They did not include any indication on the direction of the Medallion Class App.  They are aware that passengers are having issues with the roll out of the app but no mention of when it will be fully operational (no secret).  

In my opinion, they should have either had a BETA test, allowed the Personalizer to be remain the main source of information, or/then migrate the data over to the app.  I was a math teacher for a very long time.  I would never have asked my students to give me an answer that did not show logical steps along the way.  This was a sink or swim approach (I know, I really shouldn't use that analogy when referencing cruising).

But with the help of IT professional passengers, many of us have been able to negotiate this App.  So very thankful to those contributors.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Worldwide Android had almost 3 times the users that iOS has.  In the US iOS has more