Please post communications received from Princess

cr8tiv1

I am excited that Princess is starting to "prepare" us for our next voyages.  This is a first.  I just received a "welcoming back" email specific to my upcoming cruise.

This is what was written in the email:

We’ve missed you! We’re grateful that we’ll be sailing together soon and have outfitted all our ships with the MedallionClass® experience so you can enjoy your vacation your way.

We want to make cruise prep as easy as possible for you, so here are a few tips:

• Access flights, excursions and more in Cruise Personalizer ❯ (like always).
  • Complete the required OceanReady ❯ check-in process in the MedallionClass app now for smooth sailing on your first day. 
  • And smile: Your cruise is right around the corner!

Get Started

When you click on the Get Started link, you are taking to this very nice visual check list depicting what can be done on the personalizer/medallion APP.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/oceanready/oceanready-precruise_checklist.pdf

If you are receiving information about your cruise, please post them here. Unfortunately, still missing the announcements when you will be able to pick an arrival time, how much internet will cost, how to upload your vaccination card, etc.

get ready.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank You to all who may post any pertinent actual relevant email as there are some of us that Princess does not send email out to except bookings and sales/marketing junk.  It seems there is no fix (I have tried) it is too messed up in the wonderful Princess IT system.  Again, thanks again for sharing email with those of us kept in the dark.

• Like 1

Latest and greatest as of (after) 5 PM.  Of course, Ocean Medallion office is now closed.

Spoke to a Princess agent regarding the cost of internet.  These are her comments (paraphrased):

Internet cost $9.99 a day.

Elites (didn't inquire about other levels) will get 50% back as OBC.

She could do it for me since it is not an option on Princess.com or Medallion.

Process begins.  She was able to add it to my account.  BUT....could not add payment.  It is now stuck in limbo until I call back during OCEAN hours, Monday-Friday before 5 PM.

Also, OCEAN "should be" able to get me a boarding time.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Latest and greatest as of (after) 5 PM.  Of course, Ocean Medallion office is now closed.

Spoke to a Princess agent regarding the cost of internet.  These are her comments (paraphrased):

Internet cost $9.99 a day.

Elites (didn't inquire about other levels) will get 50% back as OBC.

She could do it for me since it is not an option on Princess.com or Medallion.

Process begins.  She was able to add it to my account.  BUT....could not add payment.  It is now stuck in limbo until I call back during OCEAN hours, Monday-Friday before 5 PM.

Also, OCEAN "should be" able to get me a boarding time.

I have time - with main concern if they increase internet costs next year - to pre-order internet.  I definitely want to pre-order as I am thinking the pricing will be higher on board as it was in the past.  It is good that we can get the discount pre-cruise now, whereas before we could not.  I don't mind the discount being given as OBC since I can spend that or retrieve it.  I will be booking a 4-device plan and hope they still offer that at 2x the single price (so $20/day).

When you click on UPLOAD your vaccination proof, it switches to the phone's camera so you can take a picture.  Just did it tonight after new app update yesterday.  If all other steps are completed, you will be in the "Green Zone."  You will still need to answer the health questions 1-3 days before your cruise.

We could pick our arrival time when they opened it up which depends on when your cruise is.  I think it was around 5-6 weeks ahead of cruise.  Of course what we did for these first cruises may evolve.  They said in one of the Princess presentations that Elite and Suite guests will be able to access things earlier and everyone else after final payment.

Thanks for the post about a new update...iPhone.  But unable to UPLOAD my vaccination proof (clicked on Health Status and screen turned dreaded white).  Where did you locate this page?  I was in the "Green Zone" until update.  Now I am Blue.   AND still not able to pick a boarding window.  

Beyond aggravated  and frustrated. 

Glad others are adding to this thread.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by cr8tiv1

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

They said in one of the Princess presentations that Elite and Suite guests will be able to access things earlier and everyone else after final payment.

That was for dining res (DMW) - not for Arrival Groups.  There is no policy nor official word on any advance or priority access to Arrival Groups.  Seems to be first-come-first-gets-their-desired-slot.  Somehow, the OCEAN team seems to think that some sort of priority within each arrival group is going to replace priority boarding.  Sort of, but not really.  I think customers need to lobby Princess to stagger release of Arrival Group selection just like they are doing for DMW.

June 16, 2022

45 minutes to reach a representative at Princess.com.  She saw the note on my internet "purchase".  It was attached to final payment.  She removed it and reordered it.  I paid for it today.  $39.96 for 4 days with 50% returned as OBC.  "IF" I do not use it onboard, it will be refunded to my credit card (new???? Should I trust this?).  Will probably spend it, not a real concern for 4 day cruise.

4923D4C3-E6ED-4EA5-9ED9-E787F137B8B2_4_5005_c.jpeg.4f097b2d8664ad5b3e4b567fb72d4df0.jpeg

Next, she transferred me to OCEAN NAVIGATOR.  Clock on phone ticking but absolute no sound/elevator music.  So I hung up and called 844-5250942 for all of my other questions that Representative 1 could not answer.

36 minutes later I am connected to Representative 2.  No, she is NOT a navigator.  Took down all of my concerns/questions and is in a queue waiting for internal Navigator to help her.

Let's see how many of these questions get fixed:

1.  Why did I turn from Green Lane to Blue Lane after update?

2.  Will she be able to get me an arrival/boarding time with a cruise that is less than 100 days out?

3.  How can I upload my vaccination card (Representative said I shouldn't be able to do that...but show it at check in).

4.  Will I receive multiple orders of Medallion or will Princess cancel my confirmed multiple orders?

5.  I was able to use a voucher to reserve a table in the Crown Grill but can't add my cabin mate with her own voucher.  (Representative says I should not have been able to even reserve a table for myself).

6.  What about my white kiss of death screens?

Waiting and will update when I get answers for the above concerns.

• Thanks 1

Latest phone call:  35 minutes to connect to Rep 2.  15 minutes to connect to Navigator,  End of call:  1 hour and 31 minutes total.

Representative was very helpful.  These are her suggestions.  DO NOT let them transfer to OCEAN Navigator support line.  Have them check "TEAM CHAT".  Give rep your concerns, she relays it by text through TEAM CHAT, and gets back toyou.

Or use chat at bottom of Princess.com page while you are on hold.  Might be faster and some answers may be found with chat option.

Now, for my results (comments in color):

Green Lane will return after I fill in Arrival time/Health Status.

2.  Will she be able to get me an arrival/boarding time with a cruise that is less than 100 days out?

Arrival time will be available closer to cruise sail date...no given number of days out.  Navigator was unable to give me a boarding time (although others have reported that they were able to be scheduled).

3.  How can I upload my vaccination card (Representative said I shouldn't be able to do that...but show it at check in).

You "can't" upload vaccination card (contrary to everyone who was able to do so).  You need to show original card/not copy of card.

4.  Will I receive multiple orders of Medallion or will Princess cancel my confirmed multiple orders?

I only have one order for Medallion and accessory that will be mailed out/arrive 2 weeks before cruise.

5.  I was able to use a voucher to reserve a table in the Crown Grill but can't add my cabin mate with her own voucher.  (Representative says I should not have been able to even reserve a table for myself).

Not a feature on app anymore, but rest assure that my reservation for the Crown Grill is confirmed.

They have been working everyday on this Medallion Class app since the Pandemic and know that should be ready before the first cruise sets sail on July 25th.

Nothing new here....sigh...back to wait and see.  White screen no longer a problem. 

Just now tried to fill in Health Status.  Only asks yes or no question.  Green check #5.  BINGO...hit the jackpot.  Back to Green Lane, but still not able to do Arrival Time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

June 16, 2022

45 minutes to reach a representative at Princess.com.  She saw the note on my internet "purchase".  It was attached to final payment.  She removed it and reordered it.  I paid for it today.  $39.96 for 4 days with 50% returned as OBC.  "IF" I do not use it onboard, it will be refunded to my credit card (new???? Should I trust this?).  Will probably spend it, not a real concern for 4 day cruise.

4923D4C3-E6ED-4EA5-9ED9-E787F137B8B2_4_5005_c.jpeg.4f097b2d8664ad5b3e4b567fb72d4df0.jpeg

Next, she transferred me to OCEAN NAVIGATOR.  Clock on phone ticking but absolute no sound/elevator music.  So I hung up and called 844-5250942 for all of my other questions that Representative 1 could not answer.

36 minutes later I am connected to Representative 2.  No, she is NOT a navigator.  Took down all of my concerns/questions and is in a queue waiting for internal Navigator to help her.

Waiting and will update when I get answers for the above concerns.

If you were a first time customer of any company that made you go through this process and spend so much time on hold and still not have questions answered, would you ever be a customer a second time?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caribill said:

If you were a first time customer of any company that made you go through this process and spend so much time on hold and still not have questions answered, would you ever be a customer a second time?

Fortunately, I am retired and have "some" spare time on my hands.  In addition, I knew what I was getting into (long waits).  I just planned accordingly.  I had my ear buds in and could move about freely and/or play on my computer/devices while on hold.  Attitude is the key.  It has become a cat and mouse chase.  Ridiculous as it seems, it is a mental challenge that keeps me on my toes.  

But the novice would find this pretty unacceptable.  I feel for my travel agent who has been trying for days to get my Princess e-cards applied to my cruises.  This is her living and HAS to deal with Princess.  Long wait holds, limited business hours, more hidden problems then the ones we are all dealing with.  

The worst being, Princess doesn't seem to care.

• Like 1

I bit (got the app) and I am so sorry I did.  It is horrible!  What can I say.  I now know why everyone is screaming.  I do not get why Princess is doing things in this way.  Why didn't they test and do beta testing long before they just threw it at us and made such a mess.  I think Princess needs to get another IT company and fire this one. 

Also, it took 3 days for my TA to get through to a person on the phone to re-fare my cruise fare. Their system put a block so she could not do that as she normally would be able to and had no choice but to call. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Fortunately, I am retired and have "some" spare time on my hands.  In addition, I knew what I was getting into (long waits).  I just planned accordingly.  I had my ear buds in and could move about freely and/or play on my computer/devices while on hold.  Attitude is the key.  It has become a cat and mouse chase.  Ridiculous as it seems, it is a mental challenge that keeps me on my toes.  

But the novice would find this pretty unacceptable.  I feel for my travel agent who has been trying for days to get my Princess e-cards applied to my cruises.  This is her living and HAS to deal with Princess.  Long wait holds, limited business hours, more hidden problems then the ones we are all dealing with.  

The worst being, Princess doesn't seem to care.

If a lot of agents are having these challenges, I hope they are screaming loud and long at Mr Happy (aka, John Chernesky) in his seminars. 

I would imagine some of them will be steering clients to other lines that may be easier to work with an don't require tons of phone calls.  THAT is a real problem if happening.

On the phone, again (20 minutes and counting/dead silence except for announcement to continue waiting).  Luckily, I took a screen shot of my speciality dinner credits...because they are gone today.  Part of a promotion.  I have back up "proof".  

I am "beginning" to hate this app.  Princess is lucky that I am one of their (unappreciated) loyal passengers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Latest phone call:  35 minutes to connect to Rep 2.  15 minutes to connect to Navigator,  End of call:  1 hour and 31 minutes total.

Representative was very helpful.  These are her suggestions.  DO NOT let them transfer to OCEAN Navigator support line.  Have them check "TEAM CHAT".  Give rep your concerns, she relays it by text through TEAM CHAT, and gets back toyou.

Or use chat at bottom of Princess.com page while you are on hold.  Might be faster and some answers may be found with chat option.

Now, for my results (comments in color):

Green Lane will return after I fill in Arrival time/Health Status.

Arrival time will be available closer to cruise sail date...no given number of days out.  Navigator was unable to give me a boarding time (although others have reported that they were able to be scheduled).

You "can't" upload vaccination card (contrary to everyone who was able to do so).  You need to show original card/not copy of card.

I only have one order for Medallion and accessory that will be mailed out/arrive 2 weeks before cruise.

Not a feature on app anymore, but rest assure that my reservation for the Crown Grill is confirmed.

They have been working everyday on this Medallion Class app since the Pandemic and know that should be ready before the first cruise sets sail on July 25th.

Nothing new here....sigh...back to wait and see.  White screen no longer a problem. 

Just now tried to fill in Health Status.  Only asks yes or no question.  Green check #5.  BINGO...hit the jackpot.  Back to Green Lane, but still not able to do Arrival Time.

Thanks for your detailed report on various MC App behaviors.

#1 - You do not need an Arrival Group to be in the Green Lane in advance of sail date.  I believe you found this out when you completed Health Status.

#2 - Yes, Princess is not saying what the service standard will be for selecting Arrival Groups.  We do know they are zoned in on the first voyages, so perhaps we will find out in due course.

#3 - The initial release of the Health Status - Section 5 of OceanReady - most definitely had the facility to take photo of vaccine proof or upload a file.  I did this successfully.  For some reason, that has been removed.  Perhaps they decided that attesting to being fully-vaccinated is sufficient since we have to produce the actual document at check-in.  Just a note that some of don't have a physical card filled out.  For example, in Ontario, it's an electronic record that can be retrieved, saved to a PC or phone, and printed out.  I am thinking the electronic doc is okay, but might want to have the website link/source of how to access the document.  It requires our health card number and other personal id info.  A real stickler checker might want someone to enter the data and pull up the doc online.

#5 - Do you know why they took away Specialty Restaurant res?  I have not attempted to make one lately, but did play with it some time back and it was going to work. 

#6.  Some nice pablum you were fed.  They didn't even have a WSOD until Travel Info and Health Status were added.

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

On the phone, again (20 minutes and counting/dead silence except for announcement to continue waiting).  Luckily, I took a screen shot of my speciality dinner credits...because they are gone today.  Part of a promotion.  I have back up "proof".  

I am "beginning" to hate this app.  Princess is lucky that I am one of their (unappreciated) loyal passengers.

I do have similar copy, but your post made me login on Princess.com.  Our Specialty Dining promo shows under Onboard Services - scroll all the way to the bottom.  Sorry to read yours are gone.  I don't believe they are to be found in the MC App at this time (in case you were looking there).  A resolution for this matter should be able to be done by a regular CSR and not the OCEAN Help team.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

#5 - Do you know why they took away Specialty Restaurant res?  I have not attempted to make one lately, but did play with it some time back and it was going to work. 

@cr8tiv1, I just went into our voyage where DMW is still working and I was able to go into individual night selection, and make a res for Specialty Dining.  I carried on past the time selection to the Payment Method page and beside offering me my loaded Credit Card, I saw at the bottom that it recognized we each have a dining credit and the amount owing shows $0.  This functionality appears to be working 100% as expected.  I backed out and did not complete the res.

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I do have similar copy, but your post made me login on Princess.com.  Our Specialty Dining promo shows under Onboard Services - scroll all the way to the bottom.  Sorry to read yours are gone.  I don't believe they are to be found in the MC App at this time (in case you were looking there).  A resolution for this matter should be able to be done by a regular CSR and not the OCEAN Help team.

35 minutes on hold.  Apologetic representative who could "see" it on their end.  Still not listed under "Onboard Services" which was there....yesterday.  Poor guy got the wrath of my frustrations.  I did tell him it wasn't his fault, but the Princess is really very user unfriendly.

To say that I don't trust Princess is an understatement.  I am taking screen shots of everything.  

My (complimentary) reservation is still there.  I can't get my cabin mate listed on my table or get her own reservation.  

It amazes me that people with same/different phones get totally different functions.  Are roll outs by geographical areas?  Why some and not others?  Makes absolutely no sense.  Yay for small wonders.  My green check marks are restored.  Why did they go away in the first place?

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

On the phone, again (20 minutes and counting/dead silence except for announcement to continue waiting).

54 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

35 minutes on hold. 

When this is all over, which will you have spent more time on:

a) The phone with Princess setting up for the cruise ?

b) The cruise itself ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

When this is all over, which will you have spent more time on:

a) The phone with Princess setting up for the cruise ?

b) The cruise itself ?

At this rate, I will be on the phone with my travel agent, Princess representative, OCEAN Navigator, personalizer, App more than my 4 day cruise.  

This will be my shake down cruise for a longer one coming up.  Plus, I need FCD's.  Why?  I ask myself.

• Like 1

OMG!!!  I just spent 2 hours between hold and talking to rep.  I am not sure I like this new (ish to me) arrangement of reps that just act as relay to the real tech people.  I needed to load my passport because my old one expired and I had questions on 1 other area "Travel Information"  It turns out there are limitations using an iPad, which I use.  The new version of the App is not compatible with my Samsung phone, so I have no choice.  When we could do all this on the website it took just a few minutes, max 10 probably.  With this  App I have been messing with this for many hours .......   Great progress Princess!  The good news, I have green check marks where I should at this point.  My cruise is still a ways away.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

At this rate, I will be on the phone with my travel agent, Princess representative, OCEAN Navigator, personalizer, App more than my 4 day cruise.  

This will be my shake down cruise for a longer one coming up.  Plus, I need FCD's.  Why?  I ask myself.

Well, I'd like to thank you for your detailed reports. I admire your patience and persistence. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If a lot of agents are having these challenges, I hope they are screaming loud and long at Mr Happy (aka, John Chernesky) in his seminars. 

I would imagine some of them will be steering clients to other lines that may be easier to work with an don't require tons of phone calls.  THAT is a real problem if happening.

They deserve to lose customers with their uncaring attitude and their so called IT improvements.

The cruise personalizer worked fine. I guess for the sake of progress, they had to screw everything up.

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Dead silence? They did not even say, "Thank you for your patience. The next available representative will be with you."?