Booking specialty dining in advance

cruisindanx

Sorry if this has been asked before -

I booked a dinner for 4 at the Crown Grill for my party of two and another party of two that will be joining us using DMW.  I had to make the full payment at the time of booking on my credit card - no way to split it between the two different travelling parties and no way to apply on board credits.  Is it possible when on board to split the meals and use OBC to pay and get a credit card refund? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, cruisindanx said:

Sorry if this has been asked before -

I booked a dinner for 4 at the Crown Grill for my party of two and another party of two that will be joining us using DMW.  I had to make the full payment at the time of booking on my credit card - no way to split it between the two different travelling parties and no way to apply on board credits.  Is it possible when on board to split the meals and use OBC to pay and get a credit card refund? 

Thanks.

If you have 2 dinners as part of the BSE package - can you book them online prior to the cruise?

2 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

If you have 2 dinners as part of the BSE package - can you book them online prior to the cruise?

DMW in MC App should be able to handle this.  It was not at first, but I read a post in the past day where it worked for a group of six.  I have not tried this personally - and we do have those credits.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

DMW in MC App should be able to handle this.  It was not at first, but I read a post in the past day where it worked for a group of six.  I have not tried this personally - and we do have those credits.

At least before DMW, any specialty restaurant booking in advance had to be paid for at the time of booking even if the person had "free" dinners as part of their cruise booking.

I  have a "free" dinner as part of a promotion for a November Regal TA and was told to book it using DMW and would not be charged .  Well I was charged so I am waiting for them to open up this morning so I can get the charge reversed.  Hopefully there will not be a backlog of callers this morning because I spent an hour and 20 minutes yesterday on hold or speaking to someone that could not make the cancellation of charge.

Specialty dinner reservations can only be made pre-cruise by paying for them and I have tried many times over the years.  Very easy to make when on board using credit in your account. Never had a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, franktown said:

Specialty dinner reservations can only be made pre-cruise by paying for them and I have tried many times over the years.  Very easy to make when on board using credit in your account. Never had a problem.

This is one of the inconsistencies of the App.  I was able to book a table for two in the Crown Grill using the app.  When it came to pay, my credit showed up.  I clicked on it.  Balance turned to zero.  I could not get my cabin mate on my reservation.  Spoke to the powers that be....yesterday...and they told me that was an "accident" but my reservation will be honored (aka "it should not have happened").  I will be sure to take the printed credits with me for the both of us.