Mini bar

Bin man

Are the fridges still stocked up in the cabins on the staycations or have they taken them off due to covid restrictions .We always ask for contents to be taken out always feel sorry for the extra work for the stewards involved .I think we should be able to prebook them if you need them so to cut down the workload for stewards .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bin man said:

Are the fridges still stocked up in the cabins on the staycations or have they taken them off due to covid restrictions .We always ask for contents to be taken out always feel sorry for the extra work for the stewards involved .I think we should be able to prebook them if you need them so to cut down the workload for stewards .

I believe they are still in the cabins, but empty. When we have a stocked minibar on a cruise we take the stuff out and leave it on the side. The steward can take it away and restock at the end. Having a box on the screen on CP to say you don't want it stocked would save the hastle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Great if the fridge is empty. I wonder if I can take some long life milk aboard as I go through a lot of it

Even if the fridge is full you can ask for it to be emptied and put anything you like in it, but they never reach the low temps you can achieve in your own fridge.

33 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Great if the fridge is empty. I wonder if I can take some long life milk aboard as I go through a lot of it

Just pinch a small carton of milk from the buffet.🤣

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

The fridge was empty on our 3 night cruise on Britannia

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

Can't see the point - milk is freely available. And if it is long life milk,  there is no need to refrigerate it until you open it. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

As I normally stay in Southampton the night before boarding, I usually pick up a pint of fresh milk in town before boarding and pop it in the fridge as soon as I get in the cabin. It normally lasts a good 4 or 5 days, by which time you can sometimes replenish it ashore, depending on the itinerary. Just a bit nicer than the UHT stuff.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, terrierjohn said:

Some people prefer the taste of fresh milk, personally I can't tell the difference when cruising, but I don't like UHT milk at home, strange that isn't it.

I'm happy to drink UHT at a push, but since fresh is so readily available I'll always get that through whatever way I can.